Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How to make a Tiki Costume

Pages: 1 10 replies

Here is the link to my blog and pic of my genuine tiki costume. I made it myself in about 2 hours total. The only drawback was the ability to communicate easily and of course sit down. But suffering for art is part of a great tradition.

http://atomicdesignlab.blogspot.com/2007/10/halloween-past.html

On 2007-11-18 10:08, bretkane wrote:
Here is the link to my blog and pic of my genuine tiki costume. I made it myself in about 2 hours total. The only drawback was the ability to communicate easily and of course sit down. But suffering for art is part of a great tradition.

http://atomicdesignlab.blogspot.com/2007/10/halloween-past.html

Thanks bretkane, please thank Vanessa for her suggestion too. LOL

bump

Eric october made a great tiki costume I think its in his thread in OTHER CRAFTS

Eric and Manuel's costumes were my absolute favorite costumes this Halloween. The ingenuity and whimsy of their concepts just makes me grin all over!:

Manuel as the Goof, actually sitting on top of the Bali Hai (!), and Eric as the Stockton Islander! This is on par with the Surrealists' costumes in the 20s! Genius! Can you say TIKI NERD FUN ! As Eric jokingly mused "I am a little worried about actually having BECOME the subject of my obsession!"

Thanks SoccerTiki for the photo!

Great costumes Eric and Manuel!!! :lol:

MN

Awesome!!

L

How to make a tiki costume.....

go ask Eric and Manuel!

Even better than the duk-duks of last year I think!

But Eric....I believe the first step of recovery is admitting you have a "slight" Islander Obsession :)

Fabulous! I love the Bali Hai one so much-he will need to wear this to the Oasis Thursday dinner next year I think!

BK

You guys need professional help! :lol:
Seriously, I came home absolutely exhausted & you two just cracked me up! I love it!

Eric and Manuel,

Those costumes are awesome, hardest I laughed all week! Can't wait to see what you cook up for next year.

DC

HJ

Pure class.

'Betcha you picked up a gob of hot chicks and turned them on to Tiki culture.

Pages: 1 10 replies