Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hot Rods, Hot Dogs, Tikis, and Live Music! Saturday December 15, 2007 San Diego

Pages: 1 33 replies

T

Tiki Land, in association with Hot Rod Surf, present an all day extravaganza!!!

Come join us for a full day of Custom Cars, Custom Made Tiki Products, Food, and Rock n' Roll!!!!

Featuring:
Custom Hot Rods and Choppers!
Babalu's Hot Dog Cart!
Live tiki carving demonstrations!
Tiki Vendors-Do all your Xmas shopping in one place, on one day!
and Live Music!

Free parking across the street at the Kobeys Sports Arena I Pay One Center Parking Lot

More details to follow...

Tiki Land

[ Edited by: TikiLand 2007-11-19 23:19 ]

ooh ooh what bands?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm there!

A

Last time I went to one these, I ended up spending way too much money at Tikiland. If I go again, I'll leave me credit cards at home as I apparently have no self control.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 8:39 AM

On 2007-11-19 21:15, bigtikidude wrote:
ooh ooh what bands?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Rockabilly Bands?

yes or possibly surf bands GROG, they do cross over into car culture as they cross over into tiki culture.

I call it the Holy Trinity.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last I heard, the band was supposed to be Deadbolt...

Buzzy Out!

C

So far it's Deadbolt, and this is from Wikipedia, believe it or not;

*Deadbolt is a rock band from San Diego, California, U.S.A.. They describe themselves as "The Scariest Band in the World". The band often features two bass players who are called "The Wall of Thunder."

Deadbolt's music combines surf rock, goth, psychobilly and blues sound with unusual and offbeat lyrics, a style the band dubbed "voodoobilly." Besides the release of several CDs, the band has toured both North America and Europe extensively.*

Voodoobilly?!

The daytime band lineup may be all ukulele. It's getting thrown together right now.

And - Tikiland is stockpiling cheapo Tiki Objects D'Arte, great stocking stuffers. This is going to be one LARGE party, it's like Tikiland's Christmas Office Bash.

This sounds pretty cool . . . we might have to fink about this one .

On 2007-11-21 08:55, mike-stobbe wrote:
This sounds pretty cool . . . we might have to fink about this one .

Finkniks are definitely A GO! (say yes to make it official) I mentioned this to sleestack a while ago, so i hope you guys are A GO! And is it -kniks or -knicks

Buzzy Out!

H

I'm going to try and make this.

Here is a pic of a "hot rod" VW with tikis next to it. This is from the VW Classic in Irvine.

Oh, I wouldn't miss this for the world, man. Best of BOTH worlds. Hotrods and Tikis. Save me a spot because I'm cutting my Vacation short to make it back and carve at this event.

What will the parking be like at this event? I may bring my own hot rod but I want to make sure there is a safe spot to park while I shop. :)

my mug collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157600099360996/

[ Edited by: catmomma 2007-11-24 12:46 ]

On 2007-11-24 12:45, catmomma wrote:
What will the parking be like at this event? I may bring my own hot rod but I want to make sure there is a safe spot to park while I shop. :)

If you would like to bring your hot rod and display it in the closed parking lot where the event will be held for the day, they are asking that you show up between 930 -1030am to get a spot. Those spots are first come first serve and are primarily for people who want to exhibit their cars as part of the show/event for the whole day. Regular parking for the event is free, plentiful, and will be available directly across the street at the Kobeys Swap meet/Sports arena parking lot. There are a few thousand empty spaces so there will be plenty of room to avoid door dings and such. Even with a big swap meet that day, less than a quarter of the lot will be used. There is also a lot of parallel parking available all along Hancock St. as you approach the event site

See you there...
Buzzy Out!

C

Thanks for the offer! I am throwing a big Holiday Hukilau at my house that evening so I don't think I can stay all day at the car show. I think we will just show up at opening and park the Mustang across the street.

any more updates on the bands?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

We are happy to announce a one day only new products sale at the TikiLand/ Hot Rod Surf BBQ. We will have the lowest prices IN TOWN, and the lowest prices EVER on our entire stock for the entire day. Additionally, we just stocked our merchandise to the rafters for this amazing one day only sale!!! You can DO ALL your holiday shopping in one spot, at amazing one time only bargains. We will also be raffling off prizes every half hour! Come down and check out the live carving, Tiki Swap Meet, and super one day only sale, in addition to the car show and band that Hot Rod surf is organizing in conjunction with us!!!! Free parking across the street at the Kobey's Swap Meet( SD Sports Arena)

Here is just a small sampling of the many fine products available during our one day only super sale:
Tikis

Tiki masks

Decor galore, including bamboo poles, bamboo fencing, thatch, tropical matting and more!

Cheap gift ideas

Decorative wood carvings

Signs

Pirate signs and decor

Tiki and pirate guitars

Skull and crossbone sirns

Bar Signs

Small gift ideas, including mini wood tikis, jewelry, candles, and photo albums

wind chimes

coco carvings

Nautical and fish decor

Tropical signs

And much, much, more!

See you all there!
Tiki Land

[ Edited by: TikiLand 2007-12-06 16:16 ]

Hey, do you guys have any carved wooden signs, pirate masks, bamboo chimes and fencing, thatch, palapas, coconut monkeys, or rattan furniture?

If I ever become my own biggest fan, somebody SHOOT ME!!

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

MN

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: mr. noname 2007-12-06 16:37 ]

Do you guys take credit cards? I might jus' wind up doin' all my Christmas shopping there.

T

Just a few more days until the TikiLand Hot Rod Surf BBQ! We take ALL forms of payment for all our wonderful tiki and tropical items. Here is a preview of some of our stock that will be on sale on Saturday:

Tiki, nautical, and tropical decor

Small gift ideas

Pirate and vintage nautical room

Tikis masks and tropical furniture

Vintage tiki and Hawaiiana

Decor galore, at the lowest prices in town! Bamboo, matting, thatch and MORE!

We have at least 15 tiki carvers from throughout the southern California area live carving and selling their wares throughout the day for this event. So there will be many more Tikis, pendants, and other crafts for sale on the day of the event that are not pictured here.

Free parking at the Sports arena across the street. Tikiland will be open at 9am, and the carving and party will start shortly after that. The Hotrod show and BBQ will start at noon.

Come one, come all! We accept cash, visa, mc, disc, amex, and personnal checks.

TikiLand

[ Edited by: TikiLand 2007-12-11 09:44 ]

I've been somewhat patiently waiting and asking.
but then I thought I'd lay off for a bit.

now I ask again,
Does anybody know who will be playing besides Deadbolt?

sorry to be a pest about this, but I would assume that somebody down there
would know.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff: I'm still on it, but I still haven't seen the hot rod surf guys for a couple weeks. Their door is always closed up and locked when I'm down there. I assume that Deadbolt is the only band, because I haven't heard anything else about another band and they usually only have one band play. Hot Rod Surf is actually handling the music part of this extravaganza. Give them a call.
I can tell you which tiki carvers wil be there...

Buzzy Out!

i heard Meatloaf might show up!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-12-12 13:32 ]

On 2007-11-24 18:51, bigtikidude wrote:
any more updates on the bands?
Jeff(bigtikidude)

The "Official" band announcement as of 1:30 pm Dec 12, 2007

The first band, The "as yet to be officially named" Band, will start at 1:00.
Deadbolt is set to play at 2-2:30.

A rumored third as yet to be officially named band was also rumored to have been mentioned at some point in time.

Neither of the rumored as yet to be named bands are rumored to be surf bands.
BigJeffTikiDude: I think that's the rumor :up: that you may be interested in.

Buzzy

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Dec 12, 2007 4:32 PM

So - is the rumor correct????

Is Meatloaf really showing up? And that crazy chick in red from "Rocky Horror Picture Show"?!

Look, between Cammo's opening up his cellar wines (9 year aged old vine Red Zin, etc.)and $1500.00 (wholesale) of Wide Open BBQ meat, and Deadbolt letting loose, and Real Vintage Tikiware stacked (literally) to the rafters, and freakin' raffles going all day, and tiki carving LIVE ONSTAGE, an' Mieko's new Santa pendants/tree decor,

Hot Rods, Car Washing, Tattoos by the bucket,

like who cares who's playing bass????

It's like dusting your seat before you sit down at a Stones concert!

Bigtikidude, what's it take for you to PARTAY?!

On 2007-12-12 16:32, Cammo wrote:
So - is the rumor correct????

I will definitely confirm that there was a rumor.

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-12 16:42 ]

On 2007-12-12 16:32, Cammo wrote:

Bigtikidude, what's it take for you to PARTAY?!

Rum, not wine, and surf bands or tiki bands.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 13, 2007 6:05 AM

"Rum"

I hadda ask!

Hey Tikiland, hey hey Tikiland -

What's THAT? Is it Tiki???

M
mieko posted on Fri, Dec 14, 2007 8:57 AM

I will be unveiling my Holiday Pendant/Ornament for 2007 - Santa Tiki!!

Available at the TikiLand/ Hot Rod Surf BBQ for $20!! Makes a great pendant or christmas tree ornament.

Will also have a large selection of colors of my normal pendants, most of them are pictured on my website!
http://www.tropicaldesignsbymieko.com/store.html

I'll have all these big tikis on SALE tomorrow:

Cammo just brought down a few of his new run of mug shelves that will be for sale tomorrow

And to fill them shelves up, TikiLand added more collectables for sale:

See you all tomorrow!
Buzzy

On 2007-12-14 08:57, mieko wrote:
I will be unveiling my Holiday Pendant/Ornament for 2007 - Santa Tiki!!

Available at the TikiLand/ Hot Rod Surf BBQ for $20!! Makes a great pendant or christmas tree ornament.

Will also have a large selection of colors of my normal pendants, most of them are pictured on my website!
http://www.tropicaldesignsbymieko.com/store.html

It sure got quiet here usually there is some comment about an event after it happens. I was unable to make it but wondered about it's success.

On 2007-12-17 10:53, Blue Thunder wrote:
It sure got quiet here usually there is some comment about an event after it happens. I was unable to make it but wondered about it's success.

Check here.

Pages: 1 33 replies