Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New York Times on Jeff Berry

Pages: 1 13 replies

K

"He sees his mission as elevating the lowly reputation of umbrella drinks to their rightful standing."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/dining/28tiki.html

& don't miss Jeff's slideshow:

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/dining/20071128_TIKI_FEATURE/index.html

[ Edited by: kahukini 2007-11-27 18:33 ]

K

The history of tiki bars in 2 minutes! Great tool to send to people who don't get it...I'll be forwarding the slide show and article to a lot of people.

The man has improved the quality of my life with his books, I hope he lives long and dies rich and happy!.

His presentation at Tiki Oasis 2007 was stellar. He is definitely an inspiration. Thank goodness someone is so dedicated to tracking down the historical cocktail recipes that enrich our quality of life!!!

Hey! What the heck? The Bum was in NYC and none of the local ohana knew about it?

That's just wrong, and not only for the Bum - anyone coming to NYC please make your self known - we have a great group of folks here ready to meet up or just offer advice on navigating the big city.

take care all,

Joe

yeah what the guy above me in this post said!
OK just let us know when it all went down - could have been a week ago or 8 months?

T

Great find! I already sent the link to my family and friends.

From the article:
A few weeks ago, Mr. Berry was in New York City from Asheville, N.C., where he lives. At Otto’s Shrunken Head, a neo-tiki bar in the East Village, he further demystified the subject of tropical cocktails by drinking a few.

I can't believe we missed this!. I'm wondering if we could find a way to lure him back for a NYC Tiki event.

On 2007-11-27 18:28, kahukini wrote:

& don't miss Jeff's slideshow:

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/dining/20071128_TIKI_FEATURE/index.html

Required viewing for every TC member.

Mahalo for posting.

T

We didn't even know till the day before. The NYTimes called us to see if they could do a photo shoot and wasn't till the end of our conversation did they mention it would be with Jeff. It was during the afternoon no one was around very in and out
steve/otto's

D

Congratualtions to Jeff Berry! An excellent article!

On 2007-11-28 14:04, tastysp wrote:
We didn't even know till the day before. The NYTimes called us to see if they could do a photo shoot and wasn't till the end of our conversation did they mention it would be with Jeff. It was during the afternoon no one was around very in and out
steve/otto's

Steve - when was this? Did they ask you not to tell anyone? Even a post the day before would have gotten some reponse I hope.

Thanks

Joe

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2007-12-03 12:55 ]

UT

On 2007-11-28 14:04, tastysp wrote:
steve/otto's

Steve,
Congratulations on the well deserved publicity- we want to see Otto's thrive and keep the great vibe going for the long term.
Ray

T

Thanks guys
I wasn't near a computer and figured it would only frustrate people if I posted it and people couldn't make it.

Pages: 1 13 replies