Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Ojaitimo on Justin TV

Pages: 1 6 replies

Ojaitimo is getting ready to launch soon on Justin TV. Bohemian has his channel going now (Very cool Bohemian!), anyone else .thinking of starting one up? All it takes is a $25 dollar and up webcam, .
How about a Tiki Central TV channel that we all contribute to Hanford? A lot of you TCers could do webcasts around the globe like Hanford did at the crawl. We could all have the chance to see the tiki palaces of the world .
Every TCer could watch except for Grog that is( sorry Grog but caves don’t work with webcams. Too damp).
Forbidden Island , Thayer can wear the Scottish Clown Doctor suit and make the Voodoo Priestess in honor of poor Andy that she was supposed to make during the crawl.
Martiki can make a flaming drink for Unga Bunga.

Tiki Ti where Mike Sr and Mike Jr can finally reveal the secret of Ray’s Mistake live to us all(or not), Sven can show African Safari pictures of that cool mask that customs seized because of bug infestation. Beachbum Berry can tell us what else is in his little black books besides Zombie recipes and why he really is a bum.
Trader Vic’s various locations around the world (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) We are heading to Vegas next month and If Doc Weiner allows me, (Sorry for the Coyote Ugly joke) I would love to have Mike give us all a tour of the new Las Vegas Trader Vic’s on live webcam. There is that other place Taz that I thought would be cool to webcast from.
Then there is the mystery of this guy Justin Kan. I had thought he might be the Sex Tiki mug guy but no. Yale graduate, etc . Now I find out he is really a 7 year old.
I know kids are getting smarter these days?
http://www.justin.tv/imonkeyboy/49412/Justin_the_Monkey_Escapes

[ Edited by: ojaitimo 2007-12-03 18:11 ]

J

Bay Park Buzzy also has a Justin.tv room called, not surprisingly, "House of Buzz," where he carves tikis in his back yard and his living room and interacts with his viewers. His dog, Kiva, also makes frequent cameo appearances.

Interestin' idea Ojaitimo! I have been rolling thoughts of this very thing through my head for sometime and have done a few experiments. I have been thinking about switching my podcast over to a live video format but still have not uncovered a way to make the live media portable or to be able to save and archive with sound and video intact. Justin.TV is doing some really cool stuff but personally I found the interface over there lacking in options and features. Also getting my sound and video settings to stick have been a major drawback with the Justin.tv site.

After starting out at Ustream and doing a few art jams and bbq with Chongolio broadcasts, I then checked out Stickam on a tip hanford had given me. After the crawI did some playing around at Justin.tv Personally, I found Stickam to be a much more a slicker, user friendly and full of pretty cool features. However, a few thing I don't like about Stickam is the user base really seems to be 14-18 year old emo and wanna be rockstar kids.
also, stickams staff's willingness to answer emails about buggy features were weak at best. Also, on both justin.tv and Stickam there seems to be way to many Dum-dum cams that don't have any real content or entertaining qualities. Whereas Ustream actually had some interesting content being broadcast. Once again this is all my personal opinion, but I really don't want to watch some one sleeping or peckin' on their keyboard in a dark room talkin' about the cute boy in their class and how sexy they think piercing are. If I am going to stare at somebodies cam, I want to be entertained or at the very least learn something.

Watchin' some one carve, create artwork, or have their own radio show is very cool but I think the medium has way more potential than that. The kids are embracing the technology more so than the adults. Sadly, they are using it to do what teenagers do. Screw around, try to be cool and trying to get laid. For those of us "grown ups" who are willing to learn this brave new medium all kinds of avenues of creativity are waitin' ( OK maybe you might get laid too!)

So I am askin' anyone who interested in the future of internet broadcastin' or simply watchin' to give your input on all the sites I mentioned as far as usability, features, stability or any other critiques you may have.

The future is now and your in it! See you in Chongovision!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Putting the cam and Stickam through another test today while I print up some shirts. Come take a look and listen to some tunes in...
CHONGOVISION

I won't be chatting much because I am workin' but would appriciate any comments or input reagardin' the stream, broadcast and sound quality.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

I like the idea OJ...I certainly enjoyed the Tiki Crawl that Hanford did. It would be fun to see all the Tiki Bars worldwide and be a virtual participant in the events that take place. Being a techno-challenged geek that I am, just wondering if the application usage is pretty easy? I would be game, just need some helpful hints and guidance from super-users. :)

Chong...you are coming through loud and clear and that is some snazzy silk-screening machine you were using. Have fun with your shirts.

C

Thanks to all who checked in. I know it was pretty boring watching me work. I was just trying to see if Stickam would crash if I left my cam on all day. It did pretty good no crashes or reports of stalled video or sound.

O

Chongolio,

Checked out your channel on Stickam. Very cool. Just watched a band called Mae Shi that played live tonight at Safari Sam's in L.A. with good video and audio quality.
http://www.stickam.com/

Ustream TV has some cool music like this blues piece.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tpxradio-live

Heres a 2 minute video on Justin TV you should all enjoy.
http://blog.justin.tv/2007/12/vote-for-justintv-in-amazon-web.html

All three TV internetworks look interesting. Most of the programs are lame but like TV cable channels its 95% crap with a few gems scattered.

Vampiress, you were able to follow Hanford on the Tiki Crawl, you already have the tech savy but if you need any help you got it.

Pages: 1 6 replies