Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Forbidden Island presents: The Return of the Prodigal Son!

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

From Luke 15:11-24 - (King James Version - Forbidden Island Translation)

**11 And he said, A certain man (Martin) had two sons:

12 And the younger of them (Jim) said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. ("I want a raise") And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, (Texas) and there wasted his substance with riotous living. (online poker)

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. (needed a job)

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. (lousy bartending jobs)

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. (lousy tippers)

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! ("Forbidden Island was a pretty good gig")

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, ("I have been made to make Mai Tais with grenadine")

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. ("I hear you are looking for a new manager")

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. (We did not actually kiss, although Jim is a handsome man.)

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, ("moved to Texas") and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, (Hawaiian shirt) and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: (Chuck Taylors)

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; (Chicken Fried Steak at Nikko’s 24 hour Coffee Shop) and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry! (Pabst for everyone!)**

Please join me in welcoming back Jim Shoemake to Forbidden Island!!

Jim will be managing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and replaces our dear departed Matt, who will be riding the rails in his new career as a hobo, er, I mean Amtrak employee.

Welcome home!

Woo Hoo!!
Welcome back Jimbo!! - no poker tournaments during breaks please!!

PS: Terrific intro Martiki

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2007-11-28 13:25 ]

That totally beats my "Jigger Creed". Congragulations!

Yeehaw!!! Good to have you back, Jim!!! We missed ya, pardner! :)

Whahoooo!!!! Welcome back Jim. We might be drawn in on weekends now that you're there. Can't miss the world's best (literally) Mai Tai's!

I have been made to make Mai Tais with grenadine

I dunno... wouldn't that be the unpardonable sin? Or maybe that's pineapple juice and a hurricane glass.

Pages: 1 5 replies