Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

mai kai new years eve?!

Pages: 1 13 replies

hey, is anyone going to the mai kai in ft lauderdale on new year's eve? my boyfriend and i are actually moving down to florida (vero beach) in january and thought we would kick off the year right, starting at the mai kai (it will be our first time!)

Aloha and welcome (almost) to South Florida!

Mai-Kai is fantastic!

Mai-Kai on New Year's Eve! Beautiful! Magical! Not to be missed!

But, as a local we don't do the Mai-Kai on that night for two reasons..... First, we try to entertain at home where we can get smashed and sleep wherever we pass out. And, second, the Mai-Kai offers a limited menu that night that does not include our favorite dish.

You should go and enjoy it. Next year you can say you've done it and then come party at our place.

Send up some smoke signals when you make it down and get settled, we'll corral the rum wagon.. I mean Welcome wagon and welcome you properly.

Aloha and welcome to South Florida.

I think I'm going to make my first New Years Eve at the Mai Kai along with some other Florida ohana. The only thing stopping me is a possible trip home to Alabama but maybe that won't include New Years!

The Mai Kai is definitely incredible and I'm sure it will be on New Years Eve, limited menu or not!

G

Funny. We've been kicking around the idea of doing the Mai-Kai this year for New Years. Chip, Christie - does it get real crowded there that night? And is it a dress up crowd?

It does get crowded and two years ago they did three dinner shows. Crowded is not quite the right way to put it.... It is a capacity house and getting your car from valet right after any of the shows is a spectacle all to itself.

I don't think it is supposed to be a dress-up night, but everyone (including us)puts on thier best and makes an evening of it.

Rob,

Please come to New Years at the Mai Kai!! It would be great to have you there. Would you bring the kids? Hope so!

Do let me know, and I'm sure as everywhere else you may go for New Years, it's gonna be hectic. Your normal Aloha wear we see you in should be spiffy enough!!

I called Karbora to see if she would like to come and join us as well..

G

Okay, the Mai-Kai it is for NYE! Just made the reservations for dinner only.

Christie, are you going to be there? Anyone else??

As for kids, my daughter is staying with a friend. My night owl ("midnight? no problem!") son will be coming with us.

On 2007-12-07 15:02, GatorRob wrote:
Okay, the Mai-Kai it is for NYE! Just made the reservations for dinner only.....

Yeah! When are you guys getting into town? How long? Wanna come by our house for some Mai-Tais?

Rob,

Indeed I am going to the Mai Kai for New Years Eve - especially since you guys are gonna be there!!

Are the kids coming? Let me know, I got somethin' for them!

I was getting pumped at the thought of NYE at the Mai Kai - but I will be hundreds of miles away in the Panhandle. I will checking out the TV in Destin. Have a Rum barrel for me.

G

Chip and Andy - Absolutely! Count us in. We'll probably roll into town sometime after lunch.

Christie - Kids... see my post above. :)

AlohaStation - Sorry you can't be there. Will you be in the panhandle around Christmas? Our families live up there near Destin and we'll be visiting then. Let me know if the Destin TV has improved any. I'm hoping time will fix their problems.

Rob,

We will be at Disney from the 28-30 (my wife is singing at Epcot on the 29th). Then I will be taking my 2 girls up to Destin from th 30-4. If any of those dates mesh let me know.

B

Heya guys, I am trying to talk the Wahine into it, I have been looking for an excuse to get over to the other coast anyway. TK, don't be a stranger, let me know how things are going for you guys!

Bill!

Hope you do make it! Let me know if it looks good - and look for an email today on the project I've spoken to you about.

Just blindfold the wahine and bring her with you! And if you do, come by my house for a Mai Tai or two!

Pages: 1 13 replies