Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off...

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

I got this new crazy looking guy from Sneakytiki today:

Its one I haven't seen around here & is definitely a new one for me.
Also 2 black CocoJoe's keychains & a stirrer.
I have a light brown keychain like these with a blue stone & they are great to attach to my vintage metal beer bottle openers.
Thanks a lot Bryan!

I'd like to echo the sentiment that this has been great(good idea again Bogie) & no one should fret over any of it. Everything sent is an extra that hopefully has added some variety to another's collection. The surprise and box at the door is really the important part of it to me.

Flip-flOp-tRipPpin... :D Got back from travel assignments, a bit tired and a crummy head cold only to discover a HUGE package of tiki goodies for me, from MY Secret Santa: Tikisgrl! :)

Well let's just say she is "Perfect-O" and "Over the Top" when gifting the purrrfect trade-off...let's take a lookiee!! 8)

Hhmmm, very nice card from da North Pole and 3 cannibals Mai-Kai stemmed glass coaster!

SsweeetT tea cups from the Tahiti, Kowloon and a Bali Hai Pointed Headress OMC mug (Dedham, Saugus and Lynnfield MASS, respectively)

A couple red Kowloon dinner napkins, a Kowloon spoon stir, a rare Tahitian Bar swizzle (from the Castaways of Miami,FL -AND- a reeeally cool black Hobbyist Square Skull mug by "Ollie"!!!

Sooo DANG! Tikisgrl!!! Mahalo Nui Loa and Mele Kalikimaka to YOU and yours! :drink: Thanks Bogielocks for organizing this Holiday Trade-Off!! It's truly a warm blast of good CHEER and GOODWILL tiki, man!!!

Shoootz, ~Jonesey

Nice!!!!! Good one TG! and congrats Travelin' Jonesy!!!

M

On 2007-12-19 14:19, TravelingJones wrote:
A couple red Kowloon dinner napkins, a Kowloon spoon stir, a rare Tahitian Bar swizzle (from the Castaways of Miami,FL -AND- a reeeally cool black Hobbyist Square Skull mug by "Ollie"!!!

SWEET "Square Skull Mug" you're stoked!

Nice score Jonesey!

T

I apparently have a shy Santa... No name just the perfect gifts! I will post pictures soon, had to shovel some snow when I got home, move the car for the plow and now I'm just too lazy to take a picture.

Anyway to my Secret Santa, Many Thanks for my new Tiki Beach Towel by Body Glove, pink that's Hawt & a great House of Tiki mug!

Yay! Can't wait for May!

Tikisgrl

M

I just got my Box from JenTiki!!

Thanks for all the cool stuff.

I got lots of extras...

A nice Doug Horne Card, Postcards from Forbidden Island, Tonga Room and Trader Vic's, A Trader Vic's cup, a Trader Vic's Glass and two Menehune swizzle sticks!

Thanks JenTiki!!!

Hey, where's the TikiMug? :)

J

On 2007-12-20 17:27, MauiTiki wrote:

Sorry Rob! I checked your Ooga-Mooga list before I packed up the box, and you already had everything else that I had duplicates of!

M

On 2007-12-20 18:46, JenTiki wrote:

On 2007-12-20 17:27, MauiTiki wrote:

Sorry Rob! I checked your Ooga-Mooga list before I packed up the box, and you already had everything else that I had duplicates of!

I was Kidding... I'm Happy with all the stuff. I have about every inexpensive mug out there, so no worries. I had AtomicChick who has 600+ mugs, so I know the feeling.

Rob

my packaged arrived today.....couldnt wait to open it......

a big thank you goes out to.... Fini....
a rare tiffany blue version of the ...BAMBOOZER.......
only 48 of these guys in this color.....i cant be more full of holiday cheer....
thanks again for the great note and the great mug
a great addition to my collection
happy ho ho ho's to all...........

I got a half day at work today and raced home to start drinking some hot buttered rum to welcome the "snow" we are suppose to get, and what to my surprise? There was a package on my porch from Bongo Bungalow!

Brother you did an awesome job on this swap! Many Mohalos to you!
Please excuse the mess on the bar, doing some last construction before I introduce the bar. I can't wait for the Spring Cleaning Swap!

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2007-12-21 19:27 ]

Got this great package in the mail today from SMGleason47! The items were individually gift wrapped in tissue and had beautiful ribbons and colorful paper, they were in a cloth bag with tropical prints of Santa on it!!! None of them were items I had! The mugs are gorgeous (2 of them!) and the extras were thrilling! Thank u so much for the items, the generosity, and the great letter and picture of your adorable children! I LOVE my mugs and EXTRAS!!!!

Thank you!!!
IKI
iki

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-12-22 21:06 ]

"Brother you did an awesome job on this swap! Many Mohalos to you!
Please excuse the mess on the bar, doing some last construction before I introduce the bar. I can't wait for the Spring Cleaning Swap!"

You are so very welcome, Unkle John, glad they arrived OK. Everyone have a wonderful holiday!

On 2007-12-21 19:23, Unkle John wrote:
I got a half day at work today and raced home to start drinking some hot buttered rum to welcome the "snow" we are suppose to get, and what to my surprise? There was a package on my porch from Bongo Bungalow!

Please excuse the mess on the bar, doing some last construction before I introduce the bar. I can't wait for the Spring Cleaning Swap!

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

So what did you get in the mail? Theres many mugs in that picture??

On 2007-12-21 19:23, Unkle John wrote:

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

So what did you get in the mail? Theres many mugs in that picture??

Well as the sendee, I can tell you he received the yellow guy on the left, the yellow guy on the right, the four coasters and the card with the pirated Shag print. All that other stuff was already his. Oh, and I decorated the outside of the package with a drawing of a tiki snowman.

tiki snowman...............cooooooooool........................

D

I just ran into my neighbor and he has been holding my package from closettiki. How cool I am now adding a couple Kahiki swizzle sticks (both the dark green and the lighter green, a slew of Beachcomber cocktail picks and a " Islander" 3 face bucket. Thanks CT I have been looking for one of these for a while. I will be trying it out tonight. (sorry my camera is dead)
This was fun hope we all do it again this spring.

J

Just got back to the office today to find my package from tiki-lee. A very nice Aloha Showroom/Paradise Cove mug and two really cool swizzles! Thanks, Scott! I'm looking forward to May! :D

On 2007-12-23 05:05, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Well as the sendee, I can tell you he received the yellow guy on the left, the yellow guy on the right, the four coasters and the card with the pirated Shag print. All that other stuff was already his. Oh, and I decorated the outside of the package with a drawing of a tiki snowman.

Yes that's all that was sent. Sorry for the confusion, I was at work when I posted it and I was trying to get out of there so I could hit the road. Thanks again for doing this gang it was fun and I can't wait until this spring!!

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2007-12-27 06:39 ]

T

Hodadhank had me and I was very pleased at what I got. First off, the box it came in was cool. There was no mistaking it for anything but a TC member's gift.
This way up < this way up > this way up ^.

one of the many pictures.
I got a voodoo doll ordainment. Its a little girl with green hair and button eyes.
I got a sea shell and Kava powder which I thought was awesome. I was asking around for this stuff just a week before the Send-offs. The description on the back of the package makes it sound like fun.
The main mug. I have a green blanket that matches it perfectly (green). Love love love Munktiki and its strange, but I don't really have that many. This one came out before I started collecting which was great too. Really one of the few tiki mugs I got and it started off my Christmas with a bang.

Thanks again to Hodadhank

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies