Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off...

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

D

On 2007-12-10 16:11, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
One question,

If the receipient does not have the mug being sent displayed in their Ogga Mooga can/should one assume they need one not shown?

PTD

PTD I would. Just received my name and address. I got a good one know just what he/ she wants and the " goodies as well. Thanks again Rick for setting this up for us.

Dang I wish I had seen this thread earlier. You guys are having a ball with this.

On 2007-12-10 14:07, Atomicchick wrote:
Where are we getting the list from? If the mugs they have on their wishlist are mugs we don't have, what to do? HELP! Also, is there a $ limit?

AtomicChic, you're funny... You have more mugs for sale or trade than anyone on Ooga-Mooga and you are showing concern for not having a mug to send. I'm sure you can come up with something. I just pity the person who gets your name. How will they ever come up with a mug you don't have? :)

It's all fun I'm sure everyone will be happy with whatever they get, after all they are trading one of their duplicates, worse case scenario they end up with another duplicate.

Merry Christmas

T

The mug I sent was a double I have just been storing in my closet. Can't wait to see what it gets exchanged for. Their are more mugs out there that I don't have.

Oh yeah, I'm SENT!

cheez....after an long hard look at my recipiants collection on line....i think i found one they dont have........and i have an extra....
it just reminds me of how many i still need to aquire
i also threw in some extra goodies.....
should be fun

cant wait to get mine...............

J

I would like to suggest that "senders" include their TC name somewhere on the label or on a note in the package so the "receivers" know who to thank! Some of us could be figured out by our location or real name, but I don't think that's the case for everyone.

Just a suggestion. :)

what if they hate it ?

T

Exchange it in next years trade.

I sent a closettiki so I think it will be liked.

Greetings All!!!

Although I can't tell you who was your trader, I will tell the following folks your trade is in the mail.

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Matt
Trader Tom
Dibroc
Catmomma
Tiki-Kate
TeaKEY
SneakyJack

I will update tomorrow with the next shippings. I wanted to let these folks know so they can keep an eye out for their package.

Happy Holidays!!

Rick

Evening everybody..

I wanted to post an updated list of names who should be expecting their secret mug trades, shortly.

TikiLee
Tikisgrl
SoccerTiki
Kenike
SmGleason74
Atomicchick
hodadhank

Thanks again, and I will do an update about this time tomorrow.

Happy Holidays!

Rick

Wow! I feel like Christmas came early!!! My Secret Santa (Tiki Matt) has definitely taken my Christmas spirits up a couple notches!!!!
Check out what was waiting for me when I came home from work:

Mucho Mahaloz Tiki Matt!!! You have a standing invitation to come to the Soccertiki Grotto for libations! (The first 5 Mai-Tai's are on me!)
And Happy Huladays to you and everyone!!!!
Kudos to Bogie for taking the time to do this!!!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-12-13 15:33 ]

WooHoo! I can't wait to see what everybody else receives. Keep Posting Pics......

Matt,

You rock bro!!!! Thatza spirit!!

I gots my goods thanks
I will post pics very soon!

Evening Traders...

The following traders, your packages are in the mail...

Psycho Tiki D (Shipped Tuesday, but got email today)
Fini

I will update you tomorrow with any new ones.

Rick

WOW TIKI MATT!! An Outrigger, A Bosko & the new Gecko mug!!! Are you sure you didn't screw up and send it to the wrong address. Your apology is accepted and I anxiously await my package.

Just kidding - Can't hardly wait to see what is in store for me!!

michael G

On 2007-12-13 21:07, smgleason47 wrote:
WOW TIKI MATT!! An Outrigger, A Bosko & the new Gecko mug!!! Are you sure you didn't screw up and send it to the wrong address. Your apology is accepted and I anxiously await my package.

Just kidding - Can't hardly wait to see what is in store for me!!

michael G

Hey now!!! He's MY Secret Santa!!! LOL!! Tiki Matt even remembered the number of the Tiki Farm Bartiki mug I have and gave me the same number with the Gecko mug! Whatta guy! Now that's a business I want to support!

T

I don't think the real Santa is going to even bring me that much tiki cheer this Christmas.

Dang after seeing Matt's, I feel ashamed of my meager extras.

Well it's the thought that counts, right?

TM

On 2007-12-14 06:22, Unkle John wrote:
Dang after seeing Matt's, I feel ashamed of my meager extras.

Well it's the thought that counts, right?

You guys are making me blush......just lookin' out for a Tiki Bro that has supported my little Tiki biz over the years. Whenever I have a booth set up, Soccer always stops by and shells out some of his hard earned cash...THANKS!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

what could be in such a cool mystery box?

HOLY COW THAT IS HAWT! I have nothing like it in my current collection and it will be a prized member of my mug family now! Thank you SO much to TeaKey!

Thanks, Kenike!!!!

I tore open the box as soon as it arrived and discovered:

This great Orchids of Hawaii R-71, A Trader Vic's Dallas Star Glass, a cool Tahitian postcard, and a couple of swizzles to boot.

Mele Kalikimaka to you too!!

[ Edited by: Trader Tom 2007-12-14 14:42 ]

K

You're very welcome!

AND...

Tiki-Kate hooked me up right:

OMC mug and some old and new swizzles from Oceanic Arts

BIG thanks to Tiki-Kate for the cool additions to my collection AND to Bogielocks for putting this all in place. Count me in for next year too!

This is great seeing everyone's packages arrive. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a few more names that have mugs on the way.

HipHipahula (sent the other day)
SneakyTiki

I'll update tomorrow...

Rick

LOL I shipped btw, This was hard & I will tell you why LATER & Tiki Matt, Thanks for makin us look bad! :D :D :D :D :D

Happy Holidays HipHipaHula!!!

Yes Kelly was my Secret Santa and although I threw her a curve ball (My collection is not on Ooga-Mooga...Yet), she summoned up her tiki mojo and knocked one out of the park. SoccerTiki - you can keep your gifter TikiMatt cause HipHipaHula was VERY generous with 2 great additions to my collection.

I rec'd a SWEET Otagiri Moai from the Fireside Restaurant & Playhouse in Fort Atkinson Wisc. This is a great addition to my "vintage" collection. I really appreciate the vintage mugs but have more modern ones. I don't know why, but I only have about a dozen - so this big black Moai will look proud and bring some attitude to that shelf!!

Kelly also touched on modern tiki with a Super Tiki Deluxe from Munktiki. I love Munktiki mugs and although I have 25 or so, this is not one of them. Have admired it on Munktiki's site for years but never took the plunge.

So double thanks for 2 great mugs HipHipaHula. I hope you have a wonderful holidays and I hope to cross paths with you soon!! I will try and get my collection on Ooga Mooga before 2010!! Have a couple little ones that keep my extremely busy!!

Great idea with the exchange Rick - it was super fun!!

Michael G aka Tabtiki

Here's a few more names that have mugs on the way.

Traveling Jones
MauTiki
Bogielocks (Hey that's me, woo hoo!)

I'll update on Monday...

Rick

On 2007-12-15 16:01, smgleason47 wrote:
SoccerTiki - you can keep your gifter TikiMatt cause HipHipaHula was VERY generous with 2 great additions to my collection.

That's kinda fucked up.

On 2007-12-16 11:22, Tiki Matt wrote:

On 2007-12-15 16:01, smgleason47 wrote:
SoccerTiki - you can keep your gifter TikiMatt cause HipHipaHula was VERY generous with 2 great additions to my collection.

That's kinda fucked up.

Hi Matt, I think he was just kiddin' round, makin' me feel good :) I'm positive. I do have your A/P Po' btw, & it's awesome! and you Rock! :D

On 2007-12-09 18:42, teaKEY wrote:
Hip, the way I take it is that who you have is different from who has you. That way its a secret.?

Bogie will be the only one to know

1has2 2has4 4has3 3has1, something like that.

btw? wtf were you talking about, I wasn't confused... are you? :D

VeRy CoOl! UnkleJohn sent me a nice Trader Dick's mug & I didn't have one so it was a Great choice! he also sent some nice "Goodies" that will come in handy for my new bar I'm building this year. Have a CoOl YuLe aLL!! Thank You, that was fun!

Easy Tiki Matt - Remember this is a holiday trade-off. Didn't mean to offend, just fooling around.

Yowza,

Went to the PO Box before a long day of Christmas shopping, so I had to wait until a few minutes ago to open my package. Well worth the wait...here is what I got...

Nice letter with a cool message and graphics.

Two "Pyscho Tikis Are Go" show handbills (hey, Psycho Tiki anything is killer by me)!

Four cool blue Hukilau swizzle sticks!

And for the piece de resistance; this amazing Psuedopots Poison Bowl. I have never seen one of these before and it is excellent. Great detail!

In case anyone was wondering, the poison bowl will be in good company!

Sorry to my buddy Kevin, but this beats the copy of the x-ray of the vibrator stuck in the dude's pooper you gave me on Friday, butt (pun intended) not even a close second.

Mahalo to you JoneSey and Mele Kalikimaka from Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and thanks to bogielocks for doing a fine job with this)!

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-12-17 15:11 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-12-17 15:16 ]

Evening Folks,

Two more packages in the mail and they are....

JenTiki
Caffeinated

There is one person who hasn't looked at the PM I sent about the trade. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I will take something from my collection and send it off. Until then, stay safe and Happy Holidays!

Rick

Once again...late to the party...HEY...this looks like a blast!!! Will join in next year. Way to go Bogie!!! :tiki:

Hey! What's what's with everyone opening their presents before Christmas? :wink: Yeah, I do too... at least any that come in the mail. (And, of course, this is a holiday trade; I know not everyone is celebrating Christmas.)

Enough preliminaries... Trader Tom did me right! Thanks buddy! The Tommy Bahama mug is gorgeous, the Tiki Boy is very special, the Kahiki swizzle and Oceanic Arts coaster are simply in excess! (I didn't have any of these!)

Warm and loving vibrations to you and yours, may your kindness be returned to you a hundred fold!

Greetings all,

The last of the two mugs were shipped out today. I hope everybody had a great time doing this secret mug trade off. I had fun putting it together. I've even thought of putting another one together as a "Spring Clean Out the Closet Trade Off", maybe in May, if anyone is interested.

So, ClosetTiki and Unkle John, your mugs are in the mail.

Keep the pictures coming! Everything looks great!

Happy Holidays!

Rick

Shoot, with all these great trades I'm glad I didn't join because I would feel guilty pawning off one my many Tiki Lelani mugs and probably getting a severed head mug.

Glad to hear all the Tikis are off on their way to their new homes. I hope the package I sent has arrived safe & sound or does so shortly!

TM

Got my package yesterday from Bogielocks and it was filled with all kinds of goodie! A christmas card autographed by Bogielocks, a digital clock, a mini screwdriver set, 2 drink umbrellas, a lei, a Tiki Mag sticker, 2 Don the Beachcomber paper coasters(?), a whalers rum shot glass and a Fisherman's Warf Mermaid Mug! Whew! Thanks Rick.....been too damn busy packin' up orders to post pics....will try soon.

Bongo, I'm glad you enjoyed the mugs!

This whole exchange has been a lot of fun. Thanks, Bogielocks!!! I think the idea of a May event sounds good too...if everyone else is up for it. Maybe for Cinco de Mayo? :)

T

May would be great... gives me time to find more random extras! Tikisgrl

On 2007-12-18 16:22, caffeinated wrote:
I hope the package I sent has arrived safe & sound or does so shortly!

It has indeed arrived safely. The R-76 is one of those mugs I've always meant to pick up, but I just hadn't found the right one at the right price. Love the bonuses also. The little barrel shots are fabulous. I've got to ask if the monkey swizzle stick was a coincidence, or we're you mocking my notorious fear and hatred of monkeys? Either way, thank you so much. Packages on the door step at Christmas are truly wonderful.

I'm onboard for May!!

People don't like monkeys?! I just had several of the stirrers & though not really tiki, I thought them amusing. Those particular ones were advertising a pre-mixed drink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_Monkey_(cocktail)
You can always hide him in the back of a drawer, though if you don't keep him in sight he may get up to some drink stirring mischief on his own.
Those shots seem to be pretty prolific around here but I only have found 1 of the handled mugs that matches them.

M

Geeeze you guys are going off! I would have sent more if I had known how overboard everyone would go. The mug I sent is rare but not really that valuable, and my extras didn't add up to much.

Maybe I'll get a simple package to go with the simple package I sent.

Mele Kalikimaka!

I dig the barrel shots!

K

On 2007-12-18 21:02, MauiTiki wrote:
Geeeze you guys are going off! I would have sent more if I had known how overboard everyone would go. The mug I sent is rare but not really that valuable, and my extras didn't add up to much.

Maybe I'll get a simple package to go with the simple package I sent.

Mele Kalikimaka!

It's the thought that counts...

I think it's ok to send whatever you want to send, but I sincerely hope that people don't go overboard on the next round trying to outdo each other. The items I sent weren't extremely valuable either. I just tried to send them something I know they didn't already have and that I thought they'd like...and that I had extras of.

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies