Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

my backyard tiki lounge... finally got pics

Pages: 1 25 replies

If this picture posts i will post more...

![](http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj301/visualdreams66/IMGP1288.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj301/visualdreams66/IMGP1296.jpg)

[ Edited by: visualdreams 2007-12-07 12:15 ]

[ Edited by: 2007-12-09 13:50 ]

TZ

Sweet! I can almost hear the surf.

Whatever anyone tells you about building a bar - build it bigger. I built an outdoor bar that seats 10, and it is too small. But I have all winter to plan "phase 2."

[ Edited by: Tiki Zen 2007-12-10 05:55 ]

B

Yep, would love to see it too.
Look at the Help/FAQ on the top right, and you will know how to share a picture in HTML, BB Code ...

Benjamin.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2007 5:48 PM

Glad you got the pics up :D Looks like a sweet little tiki bar, great design with the BBQ and tables in there - great for entertaining. LOVE the fire table! Is that a gas job?

Yes it is a gas table. I had captions for all my pics but I had to use Photobucket to transfer the pics. So Hours of work was wasted and captions were lost. I think i will try to add captions in a while.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2007 6:22 PM

Great bar. Big and roomy. Now alll you need is those one-of-a-kind items that you can only get when you have your finger on the pulse of TikiCentral. Or hand make it.

I would like to try and carve a TIKI Man. I made the whole TIKI Bar myself. The table of course so that it was the perfect hieght for the chairs. The TV Bar was an old Waterbed headboard. Took the mirror out and put a TV in the back of.Put some old closet doors on to keep it safe. As well as giving it that TIKI Charm. The roof is made from Canvas.

T

visualdreams, great job on the bar! It's so much cooler when u can say u made yourself. It has a lot of character. Bet you'll do a great job on the tikis.

T

Looks like yous somewhere in Floriduh !!! [Oaks still got leaves]
Need to take everything out and build your self a nice 10 ft.[long] bar... looks like you can only sit 5 peoples in there !!!!!
Other than that looking good !!!

Yes! Very nice!

I agree, looks like you are somewhere in Florida. I can tell from your plants and the general Key-West feel of a few of your items in there.

The table is awesome with the fire in the middle. Can you put plants in there for the warmer months?

The headboard TV holder is an excellent repurposing of furniture. You can show Endless Summer and all of the other great surf movies while entertaining. I can't tell if that is also serving as your bar back, or did I miss something in the photos.....

So now that you are done with the major work, when is the Grand (re)Opening party?

Florida would be right. I have lots of plants in here. Getting some more Orchids but just want to start little first because they are expensive. The room seats 9 pepole comfortably with room for another 5 to stand. I would like to start a TIKI MUG collection. I will be putting a shelf around the inside perimeter of the roof for them. The TV is on the inside of another room just beside the Lounge so the bar is not a pass through.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say earlier... Welcome to Tiki Central.

Whereabouts in Florida? Can you leave the Orchids out all year?

If you can leave them out all year, or keep them in pots to bring in when the weather gets cold, what you do is buy the 'scratch-and-dent' orchids from Home Depot. The flowers are usually spent and the things are half dead, but you can get them for a few buck each. Plus, it is kind of fun when they do flower again because it is like a little surprise for the lounge.

I have some pictures around here somewhere of some of the orchids, I'll have to find them and share.....

Just a couple of extra pics to add

Here are some new pictures from my BACKYARD TIKI LOUNGE
![](http://I made the Beer Keg from an old Whiskey Barrel
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8220/47b77c84.jpg)Her are some of the Beer Tap Handles I started to collect

an old Schlitz Beer sign from 1976 I rescued

The Beer Tap Keg I made from an old Whiskey Barrel.

B

To heck with the great TIKI decor. I love the looks of that grill ! BUFFBAD

BigBro's Dream Bar!

Welcome to TC. You have done a very nice job, it looks very party friendly. Very resourceful on the TV/headboard option. That firepit table is awesome and so is your parrot. Keep up the great work!!! :)

S

That has come along nicely and it looks local meaning authentic.

Forgot to post the picture of my RASTA looking table. That Christmas Catus makes it look like he has Dreds

I like the shutter over the bar and the rustic look of the metal siding.

Here are some latest pics of more work that I have done to my Backyard Tiki

here are some of the surfboards i made from some old wood
this was a night shot that did not turn out so well
this was a night shot of my masks they are up-lighted with solar spot lights. looks awesome at night
these were some plain Tiki candle holders. I took apart a solar light and added them to the masks so they light up at night
Well I am almost finished. I do not think I will add too many more things. I do not want it to start to look all cluttered-up. Thanks for looking

On 2008-03-15 13:20, visualdreams wrote:
Well I am almost finished. I do not think I will add too many more things. I do not want it to start to look all cluttered-up. Thanks for looking

LOL!

I added an extension to the Lil Bridge Made a Bench from one of Surfboards I made Added a few Palm Trees to the mural A couple of new surfboards I made

WOW, Great work!
Looks like a cool chill spot & awesome place to host a party.
Thanx for sharin'!

Welcome! I love the amusement park style that the first couple of pics really show - that commercial kind of look draws me in. Helluva job.

looks great realy dig the boards .

Pages: 1 25 replies