Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Mighty Zep

Pages: 1 18 replies

Wish I had been at the Led Zeppelin reunion...what a rush that must have been. And how kewl is it to have John Bonham's son play with them. My favorite band of all time...I saw them every time they played the San Diego Sports Arena...ahhhhh those were the days. :)

And the tickets were so reasonable...$3000 and up. Hope there's a residual tour.

even if they do tour, it'll sell out in a split second, and the tix will be thru the roof. I'll get the DVD like when Cream played a year or 2 back.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

I hear through the grapevine that they will be playing bonaroo...

I don't really want to upset anybody but I have to ask. Aren't you bored of Led Zepplin, yet? Their music has been played so much over the years that I can't stand them anymore. Besides alot of their music was stolen from alot of great blues musicians. My 2 cents.
Later,
Spermy

I wouldn't want to see or hear Robert Plant suffer trying to hit notes he once could decades ago, but I wouldn't have cause to fret 8) if Jimmy Page was able to fire some new riffs out of his fingertips. It would be good to see the band kick it together again. I wouldn't expect them to take the world by storm, unless they came up with some phenomena new stuff.

On 2007-12-11 10:10, The Sperm Whale wrote:
a lot of their music was stolen from a lot of great blues musicians.

...as is the case with almost all rock and roll.

Think of it less as theft and more as homage mixed with evolution.
Or De-evolution (we're all Devo!).

[ Edited by: tikibars 2007-12-11 11:16 ]

Vision of Vamp hitting Spermy up against the side of the head....LOL :lol: Tired of the Zep...you must be kidding, I can still go to the Misty Mountain Hop place in the sky when I hear their music.

If you Zep fans don't have How The West Was Won you need to get it. An absolutley awesome CD set of live Zep...the way your ears experienced them back in the LSD/Grass/Coke/Speed/Drunken 60's mode you were in.

I can still see Jimmy slinking around on the stage with his guitar dragging the floor as he made love to the strings and waving at his theremin, Bonham powering into the drumset like it was and extension of his beating heart, John backing up with some of the best bass riffs ever heard, and then Robert...the glorious gawd of song with his beautiful blond hair dripping down around his shoulders...chest bared and....tired of the ZEP...I DON'T THINK SO!!! :)

OK...$3000 per ticket...I better start saving now.

Someone paid $13,000 for 4 tickets for Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana.

Chicago Sun Times: Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana Story

At least Led Zeppelin are established Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legends and all that.

I saw Led Zeppelin at the Long Beach Arena around 1975 or so and I think I paid less than $10 for my ticket from the box office. Of coarse the show sold out fast and some people were paying a whooping $100 for tickets from scalpers

[ Edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2007-12-12 10:14 ]

TM

I don't really want to upset anybody but I have to ask. Aren't you bored of Led Zepplin, yet? Their music has been played so much over the years that I can't stand them anymore. Besides alot of their music was stolen from alot of great blues musicians. My 2 cents.
Later,
Spermy

How dare you!!!!!!

Just kidding..I think the mystique about Led Zep was that when many of us first heard them during the late 70's, the sound was fresh and new. No one at the time had heard anything exactly like it. They mixed hard rock with prog rock, more so then any other english prog band while still having a pleasant sound.

I can't speak for anyone else' reasons, but yes, the music bores me to tears now. There are a couple songs like "trampled under foot" that I still like, and I acknowledge their originality and technical prowess, but frankly all rock bores me. Even Led Zep.

It's more about just getting old. I have not listened to any rock music in many years. Plus I never respected their decadent and pretentious lifestyles. Too "Spinal Tap" for my liking!

H

I have to say I agree with Spermy.

Admittedly, "Whole Lotta Love" was swiped from Muddy Waters, but, then again, Muddy's original is so cool that I reckon Zeppelin get extra points just for having such good taste.

That said, if I never hear "Stairway to Heaven" again, it'll be too soon.

Rolf's version excepted, of course.

Hey QVI...welcome to Tiki Central...yeah Stairway bores me too...always did!!! :lol:

I have my favorite 60/70's bands and have to play them every once in a while. It's a nostalgia thing and amazingly enough I never went deaf at those blow out concerts...stacks and stacks of Marshalls...but that kind of music doesn't fit in well with cocktails...it is more beer and doritos kinda stuff...a genre I have been known to slip into occasionally.

However, I much prefer exotica or jazz and a martini in my old age. :D

Hey Lucas,

Didn't we see you at the Pond during the last Aerosmith show?

Hmmmmm......

Zep is cool. I'd go fo' sure if someone handed me a ticket!

It's part of music history and entertaining!

Shame on you Spermy as you mimick RP with your look a like hair! lol!

Someone needs to start a Blue Cheer topic!! They rock!!!

Oh yeah...missed those guys in concert. EXCELLENT...rock on....

Shame on you Spermy as you mimick RP with your look a like hair! lol!

Someone needs to start a Blue Cheer topic!! They rock!!!

Hey I never said RP had bad hair!!

TM

On 2007-12-14 18:40, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hey Lucas,

Didn't we see you at the Pond during the last Aerosmith show?

Hmmmmm......

Guilty as charged, sir!

The Beatnix, Australian Beatles Tribute Band play Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Interesting...even Frank did his version. Still not my favorite LZ song.

Pages: 1 18 replies