Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Xmas Ornament at Macy's

Pages: 1 13 replies

Got this very nice glass Tiki Christmas ornament at Macy's. It is a steep $15.00, but I got it on sale for half price.

He looks so.... festive!

Looks good. I guess everyone wants a piece of the Tiki action, including Macy's. Thanks for the info.

Gotta get me that!

My dear Mum gave me one of those for Christmas last year. Mine is gold. I've also seen them in light green.

Very nice ornament...can't find it at Macy's online or I would buy some. Here are some Tiki Christmas Trees with the green ornament.

I am looking for leopard print ornaments and they are hard to find & expensive, if anyone knows of any, please send me a link. Otherwise, I would love to have a flock of the glass tiki ornaments. :)

T

On 2007-12-15 21:05, tikipedia wrote:
Got this very nice glass Tiki Christmas ornament at Macy's. It is a steep $15.00, but I got it on sale for half price.

He looks so.... festive!

O.K. Thanks for teasing. It turns out that tropical themed Christmas trees may not be all the rage in New England. Talk about being not so very bright. I went to Macy's up here in the Great White North and for some reason all the Christmas Tree's at our Macy's go with the "Winter" theme. Cold, Snow, Ice & just for Fun they had a Noah's Ark theme. Guess what? No Tiki! D'oh. So no Tiki ornament for me! So very sad!

Tikisgrl

Bummer TG!!!

Hey tikipedia....is there a name of the manufacturer on the tag?

Nice. Yuletide tiki.

We got a few from Macy's, too.

A hula dancer, and a tiki. We have the tiki in red shown, plus gold, and green.

Hibicus.

A different tiki, although it looks sorta New Orleans to me.

Arrrgh, the infamous PARTY CITY TIKI has struck again! Tiz tiz, now why don't those ornament makers go into their extensive Oceanic arts library and make some PNG spirit hook ornaments, or..... only kidding folks :wink:

By the way all the ornaments I posted were bought for us by my mother-in-law, who knows I "like tikis".

R

On 2007-12-22 05:47, Tikisgrl wrote:

On 2007-12-15 21:05, tikipedia wrote:

He looks so.... festive!

O.K. Thanks for teasing. It turns out that tropical themed Christmas trees may not be all the rage in New England. Talk about being not so very bright. I went to Macy's up here in the Great White North and for some reason all the Christmas Tree's at our Macy's go with the "Winter" theme. Cold, Snow, Ice & just for Fun they had a Noah's Ark theme. Guess what? No Tiki! D'oh. So no Tiki ornament for me! So very sad!

Tikisgrl

the tiki ornament is cuuute! if I'd have known sooner I totally would've bought one for ya Bethy!

:( i sawry Macy's NE is laaaame like that!

I'm afraid there is no manufacturer's name on the tag. It just says:

20-GL Tiki God
Made in Poland(!)

So it looks like we are getting our festive faux Polynesian ornaments via Central Europe.

On 2007-12-22 06:11, VampiressRN wrote:
Bummer TG!!!

Hey tikipedia....is there a name of the manufacturer on the tag?

Thanks for checking tikipedia. Can't find them at all on the internet.

Nice hibiscus and hula girl. :)

Pages: 1 13 replies