Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Daze Calendar

Pages: 1 21 replies

P

I got mine today and it is fabulous.
I always gauge the success of a new tiki-product by how much it makes me want to work on the Rusty Key and mix some Demerara Dry Floats.

I rate this calendar a 3 drink minimum, with Lala knocking on my door with a new koa uke for me being a 4.

Got mine this week...and I feel sorry for anyone who didn't order one. I would drink to their loss and help drown their sorrows...but being a happy guy I'll just drink...

Wheeee! Got mine in the post today. It's really great. So exciting!

Got mine too. Put it up in my office and now I have some tiki at work for the first time. Very kewl!!!

Great Calendar Swanky! If you haven't bought your yet, you should do it now. You'll want to enjoy each and every month. Fantastic!

S

Thanks everybody. Buying is as easy as clicking right here: CLICKETY

We are trying to decide if we will do a new calendar for 2009. As of right now, sales are very slow and it looks like we won't even come close to breaking even on this year, which makes spending the immense time and money on next year near unthinkable.

Reviews are great and we've sold maybe 100-150 to fans. If you have been putting it off, please get to ordering so we can at least get to a point we can start planning to do it again for next year! Your support is greatly appreciated! We loved doing this, but need to get started very soon if we are going to have it ready in time...

Mahalo!

p.s. New preview images are up for your pleasure.

Tiki Calendar for 2008

[ Edited by: Swanky 2008-01-23 09:01 ]

H

I got mine.... For crying out loud people! Buy one (or more ) of these muthas...support 'good tiki' because this is what this calendar is about --an homage to the greatness of tiki past. If there was a good tiki bar in your neighborhood, wouldn't you support it?! Well-there's a good tiki calendar in your virtual neighborhood here so support the goodness of the tiki art revival and show your love with the mere $$ that it costs for one of these calendars. If you buy one and show it to 5 or 10 people, you might get a few peeps out of that who'll want one next year--get it?! I want a 2009 calendar myself so support and be active--not SLACKTIVE! It's easier than voting and you're going to vote, right?

I woulda bought one but I don't do Paypal and Iowa is so far away....

S

On 2008-01-23 18:31, pappythesailor wrote:

You got checks there dontcha? We got em here. And postal service. Just email and it's all taken care of...

T

Pappy I'm an old time don't got no cell phone fuddy duddy.
And I gots me some pay pal.
How ya gonna order rum on line?

Tim I just ordered my calendar.
Sorry I was late.

H

Iowa??!!??----"I OWA" lot a money to alotta people and still could afford the measly bux for a tikidaze calendar.
Paps, my friend, that's whatz I'm sayin' when I'm saying 'Slacktive'--digging deeper in yerself for poor excuses when you could dig a little in your check book and be part of a good thing!

PS-I'm not on Swanky's payroll either--just able to see when the window of opportunity opens wide enough for an easy way to support the cause--give back to the community. Don't let our bro's fail when they're sacrificing their talent/work/$$ in the name of good tiki in a world full of tiki shwag! Getchusome--or feel guilty if you don't!! This wasn't produced for the girl scouts to go out and sell door to door-this was created for the TC ohana!

(rant rant rant-but I mean what I say) Musta been the tequila flights down @ the TacoBoy tonight

I bought two just because I didn't have to pay for extra postage!

One for home - One for work...

edited for spelling_____________

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-01-24 08:01 ]

On 2008-01-23 20:05, Howland wrote:

Iowa??!!??----"I OWA" lot a money to alotta people and still could afford the measly bux for a tikidaze calendar.
Paps, my friend, that's whatz I'm sayin' when I'm saying 'Slacktive'--digging deeper in yerself for poor excuses when you could dig a little in your check book and be part of a good thing!

PS-I'm not on Swanky's payroll either--just able to see when the window of opportunity opens wide enough for an easy way to support the cause--give back to the community. Don't let our bro's fail when they're sacrificing their talent/work/$$ in the name of good tiki in a world full of tiki shwag! Getchusome--or feel guilty if you don't!! This wasn't produced for the girl scouts to go out and sell door to door-this was created for the TC ohana!

(rant rant rant-but I mean what I say) Musta been the tequila flights down @ the TacoBoy tonight

Geez. Let's not confuse a poor business plan with my tightwaddity. (It's legendary but that's not germaine.) I wanted one of these and now that I know a feller can pay by check, I'll.

S

Business Plan corrected. There is an address now for sending payment by mail for those who may not wish to support Pay Pal for their stance on gun ownership or general principal...

T

Just waiting on my Gov't check from W ... Will get one soon !!!

Go Giants !

H

On 2008-01-24 05:46, pappythesailor wrote:

Geez. Let's not confuse a poor business plan with my tightwaddity. (It's legendary but that's not germaine.) I wanted one of these and now that I know a feller can pay by check, I'll.

Sorry Pappy, didn't mean to single out anyone in particular. I just felt like firing off a rant or 2 and you got caught in the crossfire--bad on me! :wink:

Just ordered mine. Why it took me so long...I don't know.

P

These should be in Hallmark stores, Borders Books, etc.

There's a lot of crap for calendars in those places.

by the way, you left out my birthday on that thing ....

:wink:

[ Edited by: pablus 2008-01-24 10:45 ]

It would go perfectly at a place like Happy Trails.

Way cool calendar Swanky! I've got mine hanging by my office computer so when things get hectic I can glance at Tiki Daze and get recharged tiki style. I hope you can see your way to another calendar for 2009. Put me down for several for great holiday gifts for next year. I'm coming to K town soon so get the blender warmed up...gotta pick up my Puffer Fish!! J'Jim

On 2008-01-26 08:00, Jungle Jim & Jennifer wrote:
Way cool calendar Swanky! I've got mine hanging by my office computer so when things get hectic I can glance at Tiki Daze and get recharged tiki style. I hope you can see your way to another calendar for 2009. Put me down for several for great holiday gifts for next year. I'm coming to K town soon so get the blender warmed up...gotta pick up my Puffer Fish!! J'Jim

I'm never going to Austrailia I'm Satan and I was baptized.

Pages: 1 21 replies