Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Munktiki/Ken Pleasant God of fortune mug pg 4

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

K

This has been in the works for a while and I am excited to finally have some pictures to post.
amazing sculpt by Stuckie at Munktiki
Based on Witco's earliest tiki carving "Big Joe" and a few ideas of my own.
More details soon.......

[ Edited by: keigs20 2007-12-26 16:46 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 2008-05-07 23:49 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 2008-05-09 18:24 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 2011-06-13 22:58 ]

Hi Ken and Heather. It is Christmas Day and I just drove up from Anacortes. There was a blizzard in the pass between Mt Vernon and Bellingham. I've never had a problem driving in the snow...ever. This scared the crap outa me. It took me an hour to drive the pass. I hope you had a nice holiday. I want you to know the mug is beautiful and I look forward to buying one when it becomes available.

Oh, that's so friggen sweet! Beautiful work Stuckie and Ken!
Making room for this one on my shelf...

V

beautiful. i really want one of those !

Now THAT is a tiki mug! Classic!! Wonderful collaboration Ken & Stuckie!!! :D
More! More!! More!!!

F@#K YA !!!

Yummy!!! I wants one.

Is there a list to sign up on we want one too, Wendy and Dan

An absolute keeper! Tremendous!!! :o :o :o :drink:

AWESOME - Munktiki does it again. Is that wood or ceramic - I can't even tell!!(haha)

Seriously what a great idea for a mug - I can hardly wait to try and get my grubby hands on one!

mg

Yep... Tha coolest mugs just keep comin'!

Very Nice!!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

I know of a certain thick fabric covered book that would have gone perfectly in.

Great work as always. Please reserve one for me. On a side note, the
spear with masks I purchased during the Seattle Junket looks great in our
tiki room!!

Good one, Ken and Stuckie!

Good one, Ken and Stuckie!

Pretty dang cool, Ken.

nice...love the flat finish....too many mugs have a shiny glaze and it makes them look cheap and washes out the details....this mug actually looks like it could be vintage.

T

Ken MUNKTIKI WITCO = GREAT MUG

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 27, 2007 7:01 PM

Nice one. GROG like.

K

thanks to all who have replied and looked, Stuckie did a great job on the glaze and wood grain. I could not be happier with the outcome of the whole mug, the man has skilz.
I will add more info as I get it.

Hot Damn! A Must Have....can you say infomercial? LOL

That turned out great, Ken! I'm glad you decided to go with the back framing detail, like we had talked about.. It really sets that thing off!!! Top-notch, Ken and Stuckie~

T

Great work!!!!

Wow!!!

Big Joe Update!!>>> Heads up to all TC'ers, Big Joe will be up for sale Tomorrow, Friday 2/01 6pm west coast time. Sold through the Munktiki website.
The edition size has been decreased to only 75 total. Ken will be selling a special ltd edition of 25 soon as well.

Later
-Miles

Wow.......Amazing

B

WOAH! It's about Time. Nice.

M

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 21:33 ]

T

These sold out in minutes and they didn't go on sale at exactly 6pm. I sat online waiting for them on Munktiki's site for like 20 minutes and was cruising Ken's site for about 5 minutes max and when I checked back in the were all sold out. It ruined my whole Friday night! I had to drink twice as much to counter the effects. Cheers to the lucky ones that got one.

[ Edited by: tiki-lee 2008-02-02 12:35 ]

LT

On 2008-02-02 12:34, tiki-lee wrote:
These sold out in minutes and they didn't go on sale at exactly 6pm. I sat online waiting for them on Munktiki's site for like 20 minutes and was cruising Ken's site for about 5 minutes max and when I checked back in the were all sold out. It ruined my whole Friday night! I had to drink twice as much to counter the effects. Cheers to the lucky ones that got one.

Their website shows them as still available. Before the "Buy Now" button was fully activated, clicking it showed no stock available - that's probably what you saw.

K

Too bad...I missed it too. What a great mug.

I'm taking bets for how quickly they end up on Ebay. :P

T

On 2008-02-02 12:48, LOL Tiki wrote:

Their website shows them as still available. Before the "Buy Now" button was fully activated, clicking it showed no stock available - that's probably what you saw.

It does show them as still available but if you click on the "buy it now" button it will display "out of stock" just like it did last night. If they are still available go ahead and grab me one and I will pay you back. I joke. I joke.

[ Edited by: tiki-lee 2008-02-02 16:51 ]

M

Anyone heard and rumors as to what the limited/special edition is going to look like?

Oh and for the record, when I receive mine (for once I actually got one I was going after before it sold out) there is no way I will part with it. It's going right next to my copy of Tiki Modern!

Darn it! I was singing in a concert last night so I unfortunately missed out on this great opportunity.

If one of these mugs become available, I would like one please!

Ken, the mug looks fantastic! You & Munktiki did a great job. I'm so happy it sold out so quickly. Cheers to you guys!

P.S. I have your fire dancer & Heather's painting hung in the Huki Lounge, with a Woofmutt stylized moai between the two. They look fantastic!

K

Thanks to all for the comments and who purchased or tried to purchase the mug. Sorry to those who did not get one. Thanks to Stuckie for doing the sale. Sounds like it was a bit crazy at times. I will have more details soon on the limited 25 mugs. It will be a package deal that includes a Mug and a 3ft Big Joe tiki like the one in the picture. Carved by myself. Thanks again hope you enjoy the mugs.

I just went to the site and it seems like they're still available. I think they ran out of stock and you can pay and reserve one when they're ready?

C
croe67 posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2008 4:53 AM

Majorly bummed.....I go away on vacation for a few weeks & miss this one that I REALLY wanted. Oh well, hopefully you'll make another :)

N

It's Here! And what a beaut it is, I'm going to be drinking pretty tonight, well done guys.

K

Hey thanks for all the compliments. I finally finished all the carvings for the limited Big Joe munktiki/Ken Pleasant tiki mug green version #ed to 25 and the Big Joe 2ft 10" carving combo set #ed to 25. The combo set will go on sale at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time Friday May 9th at http://www.pleasanttiki.com at 6:00pm on Friday I will post pics and details for the set on the website and at that time will take orders by email at [email protected] I will reply to the emails after 6:00pm confirming your order and with payment details until they are sold. 1 set per person please. Price will be $299.00 that includes insured shipping for both items to lower 48 states I will ship world wide buyer pays actual shipping. Accepted payments will be money orders and paypal. Thanks again to all who bought the first series #ed to 75 and Miles at Munktiki for helping make this happen. Here are some pictures of the set.

[ Edited by: keigs20 2008-05-08 12:16 ]

H
harro posted on Thu, May 8, 2008 6:31 AM

HOT DAMN!! :o

That is one sweet looking combo. I predict these will literally fly out the window.

Nice one Keigs, great work.

I need to buy all of them, so I can start my own Big Joe gang. We will terrorize the city by stealing all the rum and limes.
Great work, Ken!

Wonderful work Ken! Love all the Big Joe's all waiting for their new homes.

Such a great combination at a great price. I love the fact that they are all created from organic materials and they came from the hands of two great artists.

T

Great work.....I love the look of these Tiki's!

K

Thanks to all for the comments and compliments. To all who bought one or tried to buy one thanks again. I hope you enjoy the set.

this sucks...i'm tired of missin out on cool limited edition stuff !!...now i'm really pissed....anyone going to the aku tiki auction -watch out!!.. i'm out for blood.....

Rock on K2!!

See you soon!!!

Rahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

D

i got #23 ~ awesome.

Pages: 1 2 78 replies