Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kahiki chair on ebay

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm not gonna bid on it so I thought I would post it up here in case anyones interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3207307257&category=850

SS~
This reminds me of the booster seat that was up on ebay. Nowhere did it say on the booster seat that it was from (I believe) the Kahiki. Are you able to verify that this chair was actually in use there, or is this chair worth a c-note even if it ends up not being from the Kahiki?

My 2 coconuts worth.

SugarCaddyDaddy

I'm sure the validity of this sellers claim can be verified thru pictures. The only chairs that come to mind (for me) were pointed in a fan style used witht the tables in front of the fireplace. I would venture to bet he's using the name 'Kahiki' to attract the vulnerables ala antiquecove.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-15 20:31 ]

I don't remember what kinda chairs they had in the bar downstairs. Perhaps ones like these?

I like how this guy says "This chair was obtained by a man right before the restaurant was demolished..."
(Like he stuck it in his wifes purse or something.)
My wife would say, "What the hell are you gonna do with one chair?"
Thats when you say, "Okay, we'll sneek two of them out of here!"

I mean, it's a nice lookin' chair...I don't know how he can prove it's from Kahiki.
Personally, I always sat in the booths along the walls...one time inside the large hut.
I guess I was too busy looking for the Mystery Drink Girl to pay any attention to the chairs.

I do like his little 'throw in' pamplet though. I don't even have one like that!
Looks newer than anything I have.

Maybe someone in TC will give this chair a good home.

Yeah, the pamphlet is cool. Too bad he's not offering that in a separate auction.

Yeah that's why I'm not bidding on it. I personally don't know enough about the Kahiki to justify spending over a hundred bucks on a chair that I don't know for sure came from the Kahiki. Especially when I bought four from The Bali Hai last year, many thanks to smogbreather, for ten bucks each.

Sam- Yeah, $10 a piece is far better than $100 + shipping.
And, unless it said Kahiki on it somewhere (which I don't believe it did), you can't justify spending that kinda money on a chair that you can easily find at a thrift store.

Just saw a set very similar to this style chair yesterday - couch and center table - I think COMBINED they MAY have cost $75.
I just had no room for it, or I would have bought it then.

Oh well, this poor guy did not sell his chair anyway. It'll be like that booster seat that shows up every so often.

Pages: 1 6 replies