Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki bar in Wayne's World movie?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Ok so it could be a fake place or a set but here ya go:
that scene in Wayne's World when Garth is drinking a giant electric blue drink with umbrellas, straws, and faux-plant life all around - is that a place in Chicago-land area?- anyone else know what I'm talkin about? Just a wondering.

T

On 2008-01-03 15:58, sneakyjack wrote:
Ok so it could be a fake place or a set but here ya go:
that scene in Wayne's World when Garth is drinking a giant electric blue drink with umbrellas, straws, and faux-plant life all around - is that a place in Chicago-land area?- anyone else know what I'm talkin about? Just a wondering.

I remember it...Good question. Anyone from Chicago in here who might know this ?

R

I recall there being an exterior shot of the place showing the entrance and the name.

This is probably my second favorite movie, it was bothering me that I couldn't remember the name of this place!
So I popped in my dvd...I tried to take some screen shots, but my computer won't let me do that while a dvd is playing, so I took pictures of the screen with my digital camera, sorry for the poor quality, but it's all I could do!

Daddy O's

The exterior shot in stills certainly looks like it was thrown together for the movie. The interior shot looks like it could have been in most any bar. Mmmmmm... the name "Daddy O's"... well every town has a "Daddy O's", don't they? :)

lol.. I had long forgotten about this scene I don't even have this movie on dvd... fun!

T

Looking at it now...an obvious movie made-up tiki bar...and the name Daddy-o's....no self respecting Tiki Bar would be named Daddy-O's.

Movie magic, is my opinion

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-01-06 11:15 ]

Maybe they will discuss the tiki bar scene.

Event Information
Tuesday, April 23, 7:30 p.m.
Samuel Goldwyn Theater
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
All seating is unreserved.
TICKETS
$5 general admission/$3 for Academy members and students with a valid ID. On sale starting April 1 at 10 a.m. PT online and by mail. Tickets will not be available at the box office.
http://www.oscars.org/events-exhibitions/events/2013/04/waynes-world.html
Featuring an onstage discussion hosted by producer Lorne Michaels, with stars Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, and director Penelope Spheeris

Introduced by the film’s executive producer (and Academy President) Hawk Koch
Twenty-one years ago, Mike Myers made his film debut alongside Dana Carvey in a big-screen version of their beloved “Saturday Night Live” sketch about two metal-head teenagers named Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar.
The babe-lovin’ duo hosts a weekly public access cable TV show called “Wayne’s World,” broadcast from a basement in Aurora, Illinois. Due to Myers’s and Carvey’s hectic television schedule, the film was shot in just over one month.

Much like “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” before it, “Wayne’s World” was so influential on popular culture that many of its phrases became everyday expressions, from “Schwing!” and “NOT!” to ”We’re not worthy!”

The soundtrack also became wildly popular and propelled Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, more than 15 years after its original release. The success of the movie guaranteed a sequel, and the following year Paramount released “Wayne’s World 2.”

Our panel will celebrate their 21st by recounting their adventures in creating this pop culture classic.

Pages: 1 7 replies