Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

a french artKitect in tiki Central

Pages: 1 5 replies

V

Hi everyone, or should I say 'Ia Orana" the tahitian way... (or taehr mahalo!!!
Ia Orana (the Tahitian way to say "Hi!!") or should I say "Mahalo!!!

I'm a french architect. I've been living in Tahiti for a few years in a recent past. And finally came back to Paris, my hometown. I wrote a travel book for a french editor and i work now on a couple of projects, related to Polnbesia, a travel diary with hundreds of illustrations and photographs and an "anti-guide", in a way the bask side of the mirror, with humor and fun. 2 years in the earthen Paradise.....
We opened our blog http://www.tahitiblues.blogspot.com and invite al of you to pay us a visit. It's still only in french but we have hundreds of ilustrations, and photographs, most of them about tikis, and marquesan taoo and sculpture. I have this passion for tikis and try to communicate it through our site.

"Na na" as they say for "good bye" in Tahiti.
In the hope to have the pleasure to have a visit from you all!!
Feel free to ask any questions about the polynesian life .....

stephane

[ Edited by: vanzac 2008-01-28 15:38 ]

[ Edited by: vanzac 2008-01-28 15:39 ]

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jan 5, 2008 4:36 PM

Hey mate, welcome to TC. Sounds like a great experience, would love to see some of your photos from your time there. I didn't understand much of you blog, but pretty pictures! :lol:

Welcome to TC Stephane. I don't know French, but your sight communicates well through pictures. Thanks for sharing your link. :)

V
vanzac posted on Sun, Jan 6, 2008 2:19 AM

Hi, everyone,

I'm workng on the english version of our site. But, with almost 300 photos and paintings, one can feel the "Tahitian spirit" without reading a line!! (at least, I suppose so!) But that's a promice, I'll write the english version ASAP!!
stephane

V

Welcome Stephane. I've met you a few years ago (2001 I think), bought your travel book, and saw your exhibition at RFO...

Stephane's art can also be seen (a small picture) on Tiki News 17, at the end.

Nicolas

V
vanzac posted on Sun, Jan 6, 2008 2:38 PM

Nicolas!
Such a small world!! did we meet at "la Maison de Tahiti"on boulevard St Germain or at RFO's headquarters??
By the way,was my travel book of some help for a trip in Tahiti??!!

A found a tool on your site which i put on my blog for the french-english translation!!thaks for the tip!!
bye!

stephane

Pages: 1 5 replies