Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello from Atlanta!

Pages: 1 4 replies

R

I'm brand new to this forum, looking forward to seeing what goes on here. Never even lurked here before. I spend most of my computer time over at the HAMB forums at http://www.jalopyjournal.com talking hot rods, but Tiki have always been another interest of mine.

I'm a web developer during the day so a few months back I opened http://www.RoyalTiki.com where I blog about building my cars and sell some stuff. I'll be adding more products to the site over time. We're having fun with the site though and earning some pennies.

I'm particularly looking forward to finding some Tiki haunts/events around Atlanta.. :D

Welcome to TC royaltiki. Just checked out your website, it is very nice and great offering of tiki items. Be sure to check out Hukilau it is right there in your backyard. :)

R

Thanks! I have lots to catch up on - and your event sounds great!

I'm going to have to look into adding music to my site. Sounds have always been a big no-no on web sites in my career, but finally I found a website that can justify it. Makes such a difference! :D

Royaltiki - welcome!!

There is a most wonderful Tiki palace in Atlanta - Trader Vic's in the Downtown Hilton. If you haven't yet had a Mai Tai there then by all means take some time out of your evening schedule and jet on over. The Bar Manager is Joel and he'll serve one up for you. Built in 1976 and still gorgeous.

Tongo-hiti and Dames A'Flame still have events there to my knowledge, they are more entertainment driven rather than Tiki related events but still worth a visit. Also, Tongo-hiti performs every Thursday night - their Hawaiian version of "Dancing Queen" still blows me away.

I lived in Atlanta for many years so if you have any other questions just let me know!

R

tiki_kiliki, thank you! I must have been living under a rock - I've heard the name before but never visited Trader Vics. I'm checking out their site now and will have to prepare a baby-sitter for a Thursday night it seems.

thanks again for the great welcome. and your event is now on my radar too.. :wink:

Pages: 1 4 replies