Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

PI

I moved to a new building at work and I've been feeling off...then I decorated my cube today will all kinds of Tiki treasure and I'm in such a Hukilau mood right now. I almost left work and drove down the turnpike to the Mai-Kai.

Can't wait to attend The Hukilau this year with New York and Florida friends.....

I am thrilled Fisherman will be playing as I have heard and seen them in NYC many times.

Hats off to Tiki Kaliki again for pulling this together with a wondeful website that makes navigating it very easy with more fun with every keystroke made!

Mahalo,

Alan aka Hawaii Kai Guy

Aloha!!

TICKET $$ INCREASE CLOSING IN!

The cutoff date for the discounted ticket rate was March 15, 2008 but we are extending the date until midnight March 31, 2008 CST. We will be announcing 2 new incredible seminars next week so watch out for information on tickets. Those that have already purchased or will purchase Big Kahuna passes prior to the price increase are grandfathered in to attend these additional seminars and of course you can always purchase individual seminar passes for those presentations you desire to attend.

Once we announce the additional seminars the Big Kahuna pass will automatically increase to reflect these 2 additional presentations and will again go up in price on March 31st. So, the time to buy is now!

NEW SEMINARS will include:

Kevin Kidney returns this year with a look at classic TIKI TV! Highlights and rare collectibles from shows like "Hawaiian Eye" & & "Adventures in Paradise" are just a sample of what to expect during this 1 hour seminar!

Mike Skinner presents “Tiki Architecture - The Fantasy World of Polynesian Pop Design” - this seminar will take place prior to the exclusive Mai-Kai finale and will highlight classic Tiki palaces once found in the South Florida area along with a special emphasis on the work of Mai-Kai architect George Nakashima. Don't miss this presentation!!!

Details of the Mai-Kai finale will be announced soon!

Tickets to go on sale next week for these special additional presentations!!

WELCOME SHELLEY KNEPPER - OUR 2008 VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR

You might have seen her at Tiki Oasis doing a hula or two or were a witness when she was the recipient to the King Kukulele Mystery Bowl at the Mai-Kai at Hukilau 2005?? If so you will undoubtedly recognize or know Ms. Shell in the Pacific otherwise known as the lovely Shelley Knepper. She has joined my team as Volunteer Coordinator and is ready to take your emails to sign up as a Hukilau Volunteer this year.

With a 4 hour commitment this is what you get:
**A complimentary Aloha pass (seminars to be purchased on your own) - a $65 value.
*Discounts on Hukilau merchandise (not including the 2008 Munktiki Mug)
*Hukilau T-shirt
Just email Shelley at [email protected] to sign up today!

See you in June!!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-03-13 19:35 ]

On 2008-03-10 14:36, Coco Loco wrote:
BUMP

Mai Tai and I are dying to go -- we need our Hukilau and Ft Lauderdale fix! It's a great event! We're trying to find the funds to get ourselves out there. CheekyGirl, if ya can do it, do it. You won't regret it. :)

Darn, since this is the last one....I'm shaking all my piggy banks! The Yankee Clipper unfortunately is booked. With Flight, seminiar, tickets, shuttles and hotel...it's looking at about $900 per person! I hate doing it, but I think I need to dust off a credit card!

J

Room secured - thanks RugbyMatt! See you all in June.

[ Edited by: johnman 2008-04-07 09:11 ]

I'm in.

I was able to call the hotel direct and got in at the Yankee Clipper.
Flight ticket and event tickets purchased!

D

When are the mugs going on sale? I keep checking the Hukilau site, but no soap.

G

I was wondering the same thing. 10am came and went, as did 12pm. Christie, is there a new sale date/time?

Guys, please be patient. I'm having a short delay. Please wait until I announce via my news list. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks!

I just tried and it worked for me...

Hukilau merchandise now on sale. Thanks to those that were patient today as I have experienced some internet issues...and to those of you that weren't well, I'll stop there.

PI

I just ordered my mug. It's my first Munktiki so I'm pretty excited.

So excited (and relived) that we were able to make this year our FIRST Hukilau!

Making plans/reservations now . . . we would LOVE to know what time some of the other West Coast Ohana are making thier Mai Kai reservations for.

I'm sure we will meet a ton of fantastic new friends at Hukilau, but we'd love to dine with some friendly faces as well. :)

Reply here or shoot me a PM.

Mahalo!

Suzy

J

Another great Hukilau mug! It will look very nice sitting next to my '06 mug.

The wife and I are all booked up as of today and I just wanted to add an update.

Although the Hukilau site and sheraton.com both say the hotel is full, I was able to get a room thru hotels.com yesterday. So you may want to try there. I think they have blocks of rooms set aside for them.

I just got off the phone with the Mai Kai and was able to get reservations for the first show, but she said it was almost full.

Since we are driving down from Orlando I will have my SUV to drive to the Mai Kai. I can take an additional 3 people with me if anyone wants to save on the $16 shuttle fee. I don't drink so I always make the perfect designated driver.

Just email me at 420greg at gmail dot com if you are going to the first show on the 14th and want to save a few bucks on the shuttle.

Greg

First off, I want to thank Christie and everyone else involved with Hukilau every year for putting together such a wonderful event! It has become one of the highlights of my year the last 4 years, and both inspired my art and offered me a great opportunity to bring my art to tiki lovers that attend the event from all over the world.

I'm counting the days until the drive to Fort Lauderdale begins, and I look forward to all the fun that this year's event is sure to offer once again!

I'm very excited to present to this year's attendees my new work! Over the long, cold winter I spent countless hours paging through reference books at the city library and bringing the inspiration I found in those pages to my studio.

For Hukilau 2008, I'm proud to present "The Island Collection." Carvings Inspired by the Beauty and Magic of the South Pacific.
My work focuses this year on the Marquesan, Cook and Hawaiian Islands.

My carvings were created with the Hukilau traveler in mind, as all but a few pieces fit easily into a suitcase or carry-on bag. Each piece is individually hand carved by me so your art is distinctively yours.

My work this year comes in a variety of sizes and styles from wall plaques, masks and smaller size tikis. Full figured tikis, tiki faces and even scale wall hangings of canoes and sailed outriggers are all part of "The Island Collection."

Please come by and visit my table in the Yankee Clipper Ballroom, say hello and check out my new work! I'd be honored to have a place in your tiki paradise!

See you in Fort Lauderdale!

Dave

Lake Tiki
Milwaukee, WI

100% in!!!

Mrs Boo rocks!!

See Y'all at the beach!!

W

On 2008-05-19 23:44, Lake Surfer wrote:
First off, I want to thank Christie and everyone else involved with Hukilau every year for putting together such a wonderful event!

I second this, a huge thanks! Christie and everyone have done a massive amount of work to make the Hukilau happen. I'm literally counting the hours, I just...can't...WAIT!!!

G

Here's a little pre-Hukilau entertainment for you all. If you sign in, you can download the source video at its full resolution.

Want more?

CHEAP AIRFARE!!!
Just want to let any New York area tikiphiles know that I just bought my airplane ticket for the Hukilau last night and it was only $205 roundtrip!!! So if you've been waiting for the airfare to come down--now it has!
Get a ticket and get out of town for a weekend!!! Plus Fisherman will be performing!

I'm swimming circles 'till the big event ~

Sea you at the Wreck Bar!

Your Fishtailed Wahine~

Marina

M

I brought a bag of ZAZZ buttons on the milk carton boat http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28600&forum=13&hilite=boating
to give out at The Hukilau (thanks again to Chongolio for working on design way back when). Fortunately they are in a ziplock bag so I don't think the salt water will damage them.

Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of
all!
Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-06-07 18:30 ]

K

I feel like a little kid who can't fall asleep before Christmas because they are too excited!

I can't wait til HUKILAU!!!!!!!!

See the Ohana's smiling faces, hear the bands, sip the mai tai's!!!!

Pele bless Tiki Kiliki for all her hard work so that we can have FUN!!!!!

See you all soon!!!

Pages: 1 2 70 replies