Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Doug Horne and Swamp Fire Lounge coming to Palm Springs!!!

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

Doug Horne best Known for some Crazy Tiki art and some awesome Tiki Mugs (grog's,my favorite) will be at the Palm Springs Villagefest on Jan 17th. For you tiki lovers that are not from the Springs, that is when they close down Palm Canyon and Artist show of there Skills!!!!! I will be joining my friend Doug and his wild and crazy wife Stacey at the show and later hopefully at the Tropics for a Cocktail or Six.

If your interested let me know and we will save a spot for ya!!!!

Maybe he will bring some Grog's for us to purchase and drink from!!!!

Hit your self with some knowledge and go to these sights to see Doug's Art!!!

http://www.swampfirelounge.com/ or http://www.tikifarm.com/ for the Mug's

Check my Web sight after the event to see pictures and an exclusive interview..only at Wildsville-Man.com

This guy's the most, to say the least,DIG?

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-09 19:57 ]

Doug who?

Bamboo Ben,
Doug Horne has done art for Fender Guitars and has some of the best selling Mug's on Tiki Farm.
I believe his mug's are already on there 3 glaze color because the first two sold out. He also has
his art featured at DVA Gallery in Chicago. Plus he has been a staple with other artist like Derek Yaniger,Bosko,Sam Gambino, Heather Watts, Shag...............He was featured several times in Tiki Magazine

Ben, I love your work but you need to get some art on that Bamboo wall BABY!!!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-09 20:58 ]

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2008 9:26 PM

Dig man, I've been to Wildsville...It's in Louisiana...
http://www.aresllc.com/zip-codes-finder/wildsville-la-71377.html
The August mosquitoes are bigger'n kitties in Wildsville.

They say if you remember Wildsville then you were really never there!!!!!
But I do love your sick twisted post, I've read several of them on TC and
they all bring a smile to my face and a libation to my lip's! DIG?

CL

Hmmm, still doesn't ring a bell. Doesn't sound like anyone I hung out with this summer...

On 2008-01-09 20:55, Wildsville man wrote:
Bamboo Ben,
Doug Horne has done art for Fender Guitars and has some of the best selling Mug's on Tiki Farm.
I believe his mug's are already on there 3 glaze color because the first two sold out. He also has
his art featured at DVA Gallery in Chicago. Plus he has been a staple with other artist like Derek Yaniger,Bosko,Sam Gambino, Heather Watts, Shag...............He was featured several times in Tiki Magazine

Ben, I love your work but you need to get some art on that Bamboo wall BABY!!!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-09 20:58 ]

yeah yeah, somebody has had a nice banner on my website for years. FIG?

I good rule of thumb for Tiki Art in my opinion is this!!!!

Have they ever been published?

Have they ever been on a magazine cover?

Do there characters have a mug and do they sell out?

There is a lot of tiki artist but not a lot with contracts with large vender's like a fender (horne) Pepsi (Shag) for example!!!!!!

Check out his art and tell me what you think

http://www.tikimagazine.com/shop.html

Look at the covers of the mag's and tell me it's not a who's who of tiki art!!!DIG?

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2008 9:50 PM

On 2008-01-09 21:35, Wildsville man wrote:
They say if you remember Wildsville then you were really never there!!!!!

touche...I'll give you that...I'm really not quite sure if I'm here...how the hell could I know for sure if I was there?

J

Yeah, I don't remember hanging out with Doug and his lovely not-yet-wife Stacey at Forbidden Island over Labor Day weekend either! I also don't seem to recall viewing an original work of art by this Doug person at my friend's house, or hanging one of his prints in my own home. And I must've blocked out the moment, that is recorded in photographs on this very site, when I toasted him with a drink from the Grog mug that he had just signed for me. Tell us again who Doug Horne is?
:roll:

Sarcasm? Awesome!!!!!! Can you link up the pictures for me? Thanks in advance.

The Pole of Wisdom except's your Sarcasm and shows you to be true!!!!!!!!

J

Maybe it's time you discover the wonders of the "Search" function in the top right section of the Tiki Central home page. Try "Doug Horne," or "Swamp Fire" as he's known around these parts.

Jentiki,
Thanks for the schooling!!!!! I have used the search before but it's much sexier when you fetch me my Slippers and some Doug Horne!!!!!!! DIG? JUST JOKING!!! I'm not a hater I'm an appreciator.....

Interesting thing when I looked up some old articles of TC for Doug Horne was that BambooBen commented
on these pieces but doesn't remember this now!!!!!!!!

I'm putting Ben down in my little Black Book,DIG?

I know Doug is that GIANT artist guy but.....
Who's Bamboo Ben? :)

I remeber who he is. He's from Seattle and about 5' tall, right?

O

On 2008-01-09 21:47, Wildsville man wrote:

There is a lot of tiki artist but not a lot with contracts with large vender's like a fender (horne)

I thought Fender makes guitar's not horne's.

So Daddio, did you do a search on Andy Landry yet?

A little Andy lives in each one of us. It's just that some peoples Andy's are smaller then others. Mostly because of heredity, ethnic background or cold water......mine, well mine is a little Andy because my gut makes it look smaller!!!!

God bless Andy, But I don't want to shake your hand!!!!!!! Shake it more then twice and your playing with yourself!!!!!!! DIG?

I would give Andy my liver,but that would only make him more sick

I play this record in Honor of my Little ANDY!!!!!!

On 2008-01-09 19:55, Wildsville man wrote:
Doug Horne best Known for some Crazy Tiki art and some awesome Tiki Mugs (grog's,my favorite) will be at the Palm Springs Villagefest on Jan 17th.

Is the Village Fest only on Thursday? What time?

T

Seems like the Wilds Man is getting under the 'koolkids' skin !!!!
Good Job.... Wildsville !!!!!

The villagefest is on every Thursday from 6-9 pm (this is on the main street!!! If you get down here before that, a cocktail may be in order!!!

P.S. Doug Horne was dead but I brought him back with my Voodooville Juice!!! It will be on display at TIKI OASIS this year......THIS DRINK BRINGS BACK THE DEAD!!!!! AND YES, NO BACARDI!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2008-01-10 10:11 ]

T

Best line from a movie...[To live and die in L.A].... He says he's from Palm Springs but he doesn't have a tan ....

Great Movie!!!!!! Before he was know as the Fat guy from CSI, He was awesome in "to live and Lie in L.A."
and "ManHunter" the original Red dragon!!!!!!!

P.S. The hat keeps my skin soft and wrinkle free,DIG!!!!!!!!

My skin is smooth,like a baby's bottom......ask SHAG!!!!!!!

On 2008-01-10 08:59, RevBambooBen wrote:
How's he gonna be there if he's dead?

http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007712070336

The walking un-dead, that's how.

Wild man from Wildsville, you are such a poseur!

This is the real Wild man from Wildsville.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uYTWETp2srE

CLASSIC!

That was my father Wildman!!!!!!!! I am the apple of his eye and the seed that he left on the toilet seat!!!!

Awesome, I knew I could work in some bathroom humor!!!!!!!!! DIG?

On 2008-01-10 09:54, Wildsville man wrote:

P.S. Doug Horne was dead but I brought him back with my Voodooville Juice!!! It will be on display at TIKI OASIS this year......THIS DRINK BRINGS BACK THE DEAD!!!!! AND YES, NO BACARDI!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

You mean no B rum Daddio

Sorry,
I meant B Rum......my first of many slip ups in 08!!!!!! DIG
I already got two freaks of tiki's confirmed for the tropic's (doug horne fan's,not mine)

TC REALLY FLIPS MY LID,DIG?

MT

On 2008-01-10 10:36, Swamp Fire wrote:

On 2008-01-10 08:59, RevBambooBen wrote:
How's he gonna be there if he's dead?

http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007712070336

The walking un-dead, that's how.

Would that be a fast moving, or slow moving, Doug Horne zombie?

Mai Tai,
Good to hear from you,hope the new year is treating you well!!
Keep those drinks coming and the post flying!!!!!!

Keep lounging

Don't know much about Doug Horne, but me likes his artwork.

Wildsville man...let's get a real solid gone...

You'd like it the best, more than the rest, but less than the others.

PTD

Hey Rory... I mean Wildsville man,

Do you have any other Tiki mugs other than the Goof mug you show in all your pictures?

O

There is a new Eye of the Goof mug available Wildsville. Ickabod at Eye of the Goof can hook you up.
You may want one of their cool fez's but you won't find them on E Bay.
No worries about the B rum slip, it's still new years Daddio.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-01-10 18:55 ]

On 2008-01-10 18:46, Ojaitimo wrote:

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-01-10 18:48 ]

Hey wait just a dogdamn minute, that was good, why did you delete it?

PTD

On 2008-01-10 18:55, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

On 2008-01-10 18:46, Ojaitimo wrote:

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-01-10 18:48 ]

Hey wait just a dogdamn minute, that was good, why did you delete it?

PTD

Me thinks it's the Un-Dead Ghost of Mr. Horne messing with the gods!!

Anyone here members of "The Royal Order of Hipsters?"

O

It wasn't deleted, I posted it here by accident. It's on the Look what I got last night post.
But here it is, from Wikipedia

The most likely derivation of the word troll can be found in the phrase "trolling for newbies," popularized in the early 1990s in the Usenet group, alt.folklore.urban (AFU).[5][6] Commonly, what is meant is a relatively gentle inside joke by veteran users, presenting questions or topics that had been so overdone that only a new user would respond to them earnestly. For example, a veteran of the group might make a post on the common misconception that glass flows over time. Long-time readers would both recognize the poster's name and know that the topic had been done to death already, but new subscribers to the group would not "get it," and would thus respond. These types of trolls served as a Shibboleth to identify group insiders. This definition of trolling, considerably narrower than the modern understanding of the term, was considered a positive contribution.[7][5] One of the most notorious AFU trollers, Snopes,[5] went on to create his eponymous urban folklore website.

By the late 1990s, alt.folklore.urban had such heavy traffic and participation that trolling of this sort was frowned upon. Others expanded the term to include the practice of playing a seriously misinformed or deluded user, even in newsgroups where one was not a regular; these were often attempts at humor rather than provocation. In such contexts, the noun troll usually referred to an act of trolling, rather than to the author.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-01-10 20:29 ]

On 2008-01-10 18:35, Bogielocks wrote:
Hey Rory... I mean Wildsville man,

Do you have any other Tiki mugs other than the Goof mug you show in all your pictures?

I've got a boatload of Tiki Mugs but the Goof was given to me as a gift from my friend Nick Camera at Tiki Magazine......so I love it even more..
I have 3 different surfing bastard,tiki time forgot (derek) tiki time forgot II (derek) Don ho,Caliente tropics from the first tiki oasis and many, many more.

If Doug Horne gave me a Grog ,that would be my new favorite and would be used with honor!!!!!!!!

The president of wildsville inc. approves this message!!!!

Enough name dropping..

Put up or shut up..

You dig?

Hey Wildsvilleman,
do you have any mugs from the 90's?

or how about the 50's or 60's?

and be careful, if you keep "dig"ing,
you'll end up in China, or at least a 6 ft. hole.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 10, 2008 8:43 PM

On 2008-01-10 20:28, Wildsville man wrote:

If Doug Horne gave me a Grog ,that would be my new favorite and would be used with honor!!!!!!!!

GROG think Doug like GROG too much to give GROG away.

I want a pet Grog,
everybody should have one.

they dont have much hair to shed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

MT

On 2008-01-10 20:43, GROG wrote:
GROG think Doug like GROG too much to give GROG away.

Is that why Doug is spanking you with a hairbrush? :-? Bad GROG!!!

My friend Bogielocks was spanking my monkey the other day!!!!! Oh wait I shouldn't name drop!!! Sorry

Stop spanking me Bogielocks!!!!!!!!!

Hey Rory,

When you masterbate, do you get on top?

My hand wouldn't have it any other way!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-01-14 15:19 ]

Oh by the way...

Believe me, I don't want to make a monkey out of you. Why should I take all the credit?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 10, 2008 9:38 PM

Meanwhile----back to the main topic.

On 2008-01-09 19:55, Wildsville man wrote:
Doug Horne best Known for some Crazy Tiki art and some awesome Tiki Mugs, will be at the Palm Springs Villagefest on Jan 17th. For you tiki lovers that are not from the Springs, that is when they close down Palm Canyon and Artist show off their Skills!!!!

http://www.swampfirelounge.com/ or http://www.tikifarm.com/ for the Mug's

Pages: 1 2 64 replies