Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Lono and Ku Looking for a New Home...tikis By Mooney

Pages: 1 7 replies

Aloha to all my tiki central ohana!!!
I'm selling the first lono that I ever carved.He is a 6ft Lono carving out of pine and sealed with 3 coats of int/ext spar varnish and a 4ft Ku cedar carving that is sealed as well with 3 coats of int/ext spar varnish I also did. Both have been kept inside and are in excellent condition.If your interested in either tiki you can drop me a line here ,PM me or call me at 772-631-1075 If you live in florida I can deliver either to you for basically gas money.I'llbring to jacksonville,miami,orlando and possibly the tampa area,Mahalo to all my friends and Aloha, your friend, Mooney(mooneytiki).
6ft Lono

4ft cedar Ku

[ Edited by: MooneyTiki 2008-02-01 11:22 ]

B

these pieces are wonderful Mooney.
If I would have lived in Florida, I would have taken them for sure.

Benjamin.

No More Tools Alone In The Car, if you don't want to be Toolless !

myspace

[ Edited by: benella 2008-01-26 01:43 ]

Nicely done, Mooney, indeed. I like the stretched face of the Ku.

I just stumbled on this post now, and noticed you live in Frances Langford's town, so I wanted to use the opportunity to unearth a thread by Kailuageoff, who did this stellar research on Frances' Outrigger restaurant in Jensen Beach:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13970&forum=2

Classic Florida (pre-)Tiki history!

There is an outside possibility I may be heading down your way (W Palm Beach Gardens) later this spring for a job opportunity. I'd definitely dig having one of you pieces in my collection.

Aloha to all!!!
I've had many requeste for a few more pic's of the Lono tiki so here are a few more.Mahalo,your friend , Mooney
side close up of head and shouler area.

full side view and partial of rear.

front view of Lono from a ground level.

Aloha to all!!!
I appreciate the nice words from all and the inquiries about the tikis.
The Lono and the Ku have both been Sold and have a New very cool Home.
I will be posting some NEW carvings that will be looking for a Home as well soon,Aloha,your friend, Mooney

G

The "very cool home" Jimmy speaks of is mine. I say that not to boast, but to tell everyone that as the owner of these two fine tikis, I've now seen his work close up and Jimmy is one fine carver! And not only that, but he's an extremely nice guy too. :)

Congrats...wow...those are really nice. You will need to post pics when they get to their new home. :)

Pages: 1 7 replies