Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Velvet tropical scene painting for your Tiki bar

Pages: 1 26 replies

Hmmm...that looks like the Bikini Atoll to me! :wink:

Bikini atoll ?????

C

This is not bikini atoll.This is not atomic bomb nor is it a mushroom cloud.
This is a nice tropical scene with a sun either rising or falling.
Thanks for your interest.
Tiki Bill

Can you show us a better picture?

If it IS Bikini A, I might want it.

P

You know, my first impression was also that it was an atomic mushroom cloud. If you look at it a bit longer you can see that it is the sun between clouds. Well, that is art, isn't it? It is open to interpretation.

It was a joke! Is there anything about :wink: (WINK!) that would suggest otherwise?

...and anyway, if it is not a nuclear explosion, why are the coconuts glowing so radioactively then !? :lol:

And catmomma, that is one bitchin' link, any one of those oil paintings would make a great back bar painting in any Tiki bar. Sitting at the bar and drinking Navy Grogs and Suffering Bastards while pondering humanity's folly and mankind's fate.
And I never knew about the Cross Spikes Club. That is my new favorite insider Tiki Bar name......the other one being "Oh Dear!" ...anyone know about that place? :D

I

I think it looks like a nuclear blast too

If you don't get the price you want in the ebay/hawaianna category, try selling it in the militaria or historical memorabilia categories.

I might have been interested in this at one point, but I already have a framed atomic bomb print in my tiki room - technically the stairwell above my tiki room. Someday I will make a Smoking Eruption cocktail, and then crawl up and take a look at that picture.

Vern

I'll give you 35.00 and a custom one of a kind tiki mini bar from our store floor for it.

If only i had a scanner for my pre-18 art.

G

You've got to think the artist knew what it resembled. I'd think it was intentional. Personally, it's far cooler as a nuclear blast than just a sunset. And it would be very appropriate for a tiki bar... it's located in the Pacific and the tests happened during the heydey of tiki. And how many people have something like THAT behind their bar!

Duck and cover!! (Hmmm... another good name for either a bar or a companion cocktail?)

wow!! this would have been great in my old tiki bar, the bamboo bunker!! very appropriate.

What a great thread to read. I just choose it to get to my buddy 1961Surf and ended up very entertained. Thank you one and all, Wendy

Here's the perfect song to play, while seated in your tiki room, sipping your drink, and looking at the above painting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJpfxgNvDE

Its a version of Slim Gaillard's 'Atomic Cocktail' which was originally recorded just 5 months after Hiroshima and Nagaski.

*It's the drink that you don't pour
Now when you take one sip you won't need anymore
You're small as a beetle or big as a whale - BOOM - Atomic Cocktail.

Splashes ice all around the place
When you see it coming, grab your suitcase
It'll send you through the sky like airmail - BOOM - Atomic Cocktail.*

If you want a great, great (but pricey) box-set full of atomic bomb themed music, I highly recommend the box set called :'Atomic Platters - Cold War Music from the Golden Age of Homeland Security' http://www.conelrad.com/media/atomicmusic/sh_boom.html

ka-Boom!
Vern

I am so glad my veLvet art has entertained you all, it's quite funny.
I have art critics on one side and comedians on the other.
You must all smoke two joints and drink three mai tais before
you go on TIKI CENTRAL-quite humorous I must say !!!

On 2008-01-22 10:40, 1961surf wrote:

Naww... Mai Tais maybe, joints doubtful. That's for Hippie Central. Hey, you're getting free advertising from us. We're keeping your post on top!

Vern, yes that song is the perfect accompaniment. I especially like the Slim Gaillard original. And that box set is killer! But at 200 bucks, I won't be buying it any time soon.

On 2008-01-22 10:40, 1961surf wrote:
I am so glad my veLvet art has entertained you all, it's quite funny.
I have art critics on one side and comedians on the other.

No way the 'KoolKids' on T.C. are on drugs... they attack sober !!!!

J

On 2008-01-22 10:00, ikitnrev wrote:
Here's the perfect song to play, while seated in your tiki room, sipping your drink, and looking at the above painting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJpfxgNvDE

Its a version of Slim Gaillard's 'Atomic Cocktail' which was originally recorded just 5 months after Hiroshima and Nagaski.

*It's the drink that you don't pour
Now when you take one sip you won't need anymore
You're small as a beetle or big as a whale - BOOM - Atomic Cocktail.

Splashes ice all around the place
When you see it coming, grab your suitcase
It'll send you through the sky like airmail - BOOM - Atomic Cocktail.*

If you want a great, great (but pricey) box-set full of atomic bomb themed music, I highly recommend the box set called :'Atomic Platters - Cold War Music from the Golden Age of Homeland Security' http://www.conelrad.com/media/atomicmusic/sh_boom.html

ka-Boom!
Vern

Way too funny! That's my bass player's band in that video! I just saw him perform that song in Berkeley last Thursday! In fact, I was at the show where that video was recorded at Kelly's Jazz Club in Alameda.

There's also a great little book called Atomic Cocktails with some fun recipes.

you go on TIKI CENTRAL

No MaiTais 1961....
they slow ya down! :lol:
That painting is pretty classic!
You'll probably get more interest and a bigger ticket price
if you take the Bikini Atoll angle.....
BOOM!
Thanks for sharing!

Well folks it's back .The velvet that has two scenes or is it just the way the
velvet is perceived ...or is this the way the artist intended to paint it...to keep
you wondering.I think I may take this to Bamboo Ben's just to get peoples
reaction an opinion, and see when people look at it in person...that they think
it looks like bikini atoll or a sunset .Who know's maybe I will sell it .

I think I may have to move this over to the velvet thread and out of market place .

On 2010-04-30 10:05, 1961surf wrote:
I think I may take this to Bamboo Ben's just to get peoples
reaction an opinion, and see when people look at it in person

Will there be mai tais and joints?

That's not a bikini at all

Now that is funny Mike !

Unga do you want there to be ?

UB

So, how did it go?

I spaced and forgot to bring this in all the kaos of getting packed up for Bamboo Ben's.

Pages: 1 26 replies