Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

my back yard

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1828/47962190.jpg[/img]

I really dig the ski-chairs!

thank you

TZ

Cool recycling of those water skis. You must have found the legendary water ski graveyard.

Very kewl indeed. I also like that propped open shudder look and how everything looks like it has been there for years...weathered by the sea. Do you have a sound machine set to crashing waves against the shore...you know...more ambiance for the background when playing your exotica music and clicking cocktail glasses. GREAT JOB!!!

i have been collecting skis from yard sales all summer ,got about 50 sets. it takes 2and one half sets plus some wood to make a chair.on the wave sounds ,i do have second sound system with out door speakers set up aroud the back yard(hidden) just for beach and other back ground sounds ,turned down low.some times water sounds ,some times steel drums. works well.

Great job on the backyard, thanks for sharing.

Those look like old skis from Florida's Cypress Gardens near Orlando.

here is a neat old video from "back in the day". Notice the very un-PC rebel flags.
That area still has allot of rebel flags flying. They closed down in 2003 but thankfully re-opened soon after under new ownership.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbE3nMhfuI

I can remember visiting this place as a wee lad (over 35 years ago) and I actually have a slalom ski with American flag graphics from Cypress Gardens from around the late 60's early 70's.

I learned how to ski on Cypress Garden "Super Groove" Ski's. Things would give us terrible blisters!

I wish I still had them because they sell now for over $100.00 - $150.00 each. I try and keep an eye out for them as they pop up every once in a while on ebay or at local garage sales. Love the chairs take care of them, they are unique pieces of Americana.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-01-22 13:06 ]

R

cool space tiki-david

R

Great yard. Great chairs. Just plain old great.

D

OMG OMG OMG you got a camera! nice pics.

seven foot Witco

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-01-23 06:52 ]

opps ,double post

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-01-23 04:03 ]

That is quite the slice of Paradise, TD! A lot of effort shows to put it all together.

Stay Warm!

thanks capt'n

T

Palm trees growing in Clevland in January !!!!
Talk to me about Global Warming !!!!
Nice digs !!!

Go Giants (.)(.)

Great Job Dave, I am working on my backyard too. Even though I live in Fla, I'm in Ocala near Gainesville. I had just planted a bunch of palms and bannana trees and we had a freeze 2 days in a row that crushed my new plants...UGGGGG. When I get it together I will post pics. Stay tiki!! Aaron

the gate to my back yard

half-way though the outside bar redo

i am still trying to find a spot for this monster

On 2008-06-23 17:03, TIKI DAVID wrote:

i am still trying to find a spot for this monster

I have the perfect spot for it. Let me know when you want me to come and pick it up. You can visit anytime. :)

TD

TD

TD

T

Dave, awesome yard! I saw this on eBay and thought you'd get a kick out of it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Endless-Summer-Tiki-Bar_W0QQitemZ180262206833QQihZ008QQcategoryZ22710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You're apparently not the only fan of tiki and Endless Summer :)

Very Cool bar , but not $600 cool!

Your efforts are paying off.Your backyard is looking great.
I want that Witco Tiki fountain however.Where did you find that in Ohio?

thanks. that is a cool bar,but like you said nor $600.00 cool. i like the idea of carving that poster into wood. i am sure there is system for doing it.
anyone here know how that is done?

P

i know how to do it and have the equipment to do it. PM me if you're interested in having this done.

T

On 2008-07-11 10:26, 1961surf wrote:
I want that Witco Tiki fountain however.

Yeah, get in line! :D

which one?

On 2008-07-11 15:13, TIKI DAVID wrote:
which one?

David,

Have you ever had these working as actual functioning fountains? Run water through them?

PTD

David,

Have you ever had these working as actual functioning fountains? Run water through them?

PTD
yes. each one came with the original pumps.all work.
i have had all three of them working for a while ,but you gotta remember when these were originaly made (out of wood) even if it is ceader, they were never intened to be around 40 years later.one of my favorite quotes, "water allways finds a way"
i kinda like like them with the colored light foggerers going in the bowls.and indirect lighting.you gotta see'm at night all lit up.TD

_______sorry ,double post
"just my opinion,i could be wrong"

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-07-11 18:59 ]

T

On 2008-07-11 15:13, TIKI DAVID wrote:
which one?

GGGGrrrrGGG!!!! Witco.... tiki.... overload.... :D Those are way cool. I seriously doubt I'll ever see (much less be able to buy) one around these parts, but hopefully some day I can commission a modern interpretation from Bosko or Ken P.

On 2008-07-11 17:28, TIKI DAVID wrote:
David,

PTD
yes. each one came with the original pumps.all work.
i have had all three of them working for a while ,but you gotta remember when these were originaly made (out of wood) even if it is ceader, they were never intened to be around 40 years later.one of my favorite quotes, "water allways finds a way"
i kinda like like them with the colored light foggerers going in the bowls.and indirect lighting.you gotta see'm at night all lit up.TD

Ah, I can see and hear it now! It must be a fantastic to have them all going at once. What an amazing collection and you are one lucky dude! If I ever make it out your way, I gotta see this for myself. Thanks for sharing all of this with us!

PTD

the gate is allways open.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-07-11 19:03 ]

On 2008-07-11 19:02, TIKI DAVID wrote:

..great!! i'll be by around 2 a.m. with a small truck.....what time did you say you went to sleep??? better yet...you takin a vacation anytime soon......heh, heh!!!.......

On 2008-07-11 19:55, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

On 2008-07-11 19:02, TIKI DAVID wrote:

..great!! i'll be by around 2 a.m. with a small truck.....what time did you say you went to sleep??? better yet...you takin a vacation anytime soon......heh, heh!!!.......

MEET, Harley D. JUNK YARD DOG, chief of security Donnas VOODOO Lounge.

..no problem......behold!!..doggie num-nums......

"here doggie, doggie!!!!".......

The multi teared large Witco fountain is the best !! Jesus where did you get
your hands on so many Witco fountains? I would give my right n**^
for that piece.You could never find those in So. Cal. where I live

Pages: 1 2 58 replies