Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Announcement: server changes

Pages: 1 16 replies

There's some fonky stuff going on with the Server and I'm checking it out. While that happens some services will be disabled. I hope to have everything working sometime laaaaate tonight.

Thanks for your patience.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2008-01-30 16:12 ]

Update: Image uploading is now enabled again, but some of the other systems are still disabled for the time being.

Still dealing with server problems, but Image Uploading should accept photos as large as 6mb now. Thanks to Mai Tai who pointed out that it wasn't working.

Thanks for putting all the hard work and time into it Hanford, it's much appreciated!

And I like the word 'fonky'
It's like a combination of Funky and Honky

Second that.

Mahalo, Hanford, for ghosting the machine, and keeping "Kon TC" on course for everybody.

JB

Here, here!

When can we post video you slacker. Totally kidding! You are the MAN! know this.

I was actually goofing with embedding video last night. I got it working, but I couldn't get UNembedding working (when you edit a post, I could not get the ebedded code to turn back into BBcode).

Just another update:

I'm going to be working on the server tonight, and the site might be down at times. Sorry for the inconvenience.

~Hanford

PICNIC

T

HOT DOG !

Yea thanks man, TC has definatly helped me come out of my shell and connected me with some of the best friends Ive ever had and allowed me to show my art on line which I had never done before! Dawn

Update: We're still having various problems. Looks like image uploading isn't doing too well, and a few other services are having problems. I'm working on them.

Hang in there!

you Rocketh Hanford!
You're like a Superhero to all us TCers!
Thank you!

Image uploading seems to be working for bigish files again! Thanks to everyone who pointed out the problem.

Man, what a week ....

So spel chek is not workgin', I need to get that fixsed now.

And for the record, since a few people have asked:

How can a website just 'break'? Did it get dropped or something?

In the most recent cases:

1. TC had a configuration file get corrupted (How? I don't know) but it changed a lot of settings. These are settings that I'm not allowed to change normally, and I was able to hack it back together, but we recently just got it completely restored and it looks like I need to change some of the defaults.

2. TC also is often pushing the limits of what our servers can handle. We have multiple drives on the system, and I upgraded TC's drive a few months ago, but sometimes certain processes need room on a specifc drive to function. In the most recent case, TC's root drive was 100% full and it was causing problems. Again, I had to do some shuffling.

3. Did I mention that before Tiki Central I had never done any web programming? I'm still a novice at all this.

Hang in there people, I'm actively working on solving all our problems (and then some!)

~Hanford

Hi Hanford

My day job means I have a guy that sorts this type of stuff, I don't understand it, I DO know how much time it can take up sorting out problems.

Thanks for keeping TC working.

Pages: 1 16 replies