Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I'd like feedback on this

Pages: 1 10 replies

I'm considering buying it and am interested in yall's thoughts on how well it will fit into a tiki-themed house:

http://austin.craigslist.org/fur/547930673.html

T

Too new for MY taste.
I like old and krusty.
Just me.

It's a nice bar and price, but I agree...not very tiki, unless you are wanting something dark to match your furniture and then you could tiki it up by throwing some classic tiki ephemera under the clear top. Take your time while shopping for a bar and be sure it is really the style you want. Read the home bar posts on this board as people have some awesome ideas and their pads look great.

Bamboo is always good. :)

I don't think it's the worst thing as long as the Neon Martini Glass doesn't come with it but I'm sure if you can wait a little longer a more appropriate bar will pop up.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2008-01-22 20:56 ]

I say if you like it, then buy it. :)

Not too bad. I've seen alot worse. It's not a traditional Tiki bar but it will stand up to the elements if you are putting it outside and it is easy to tiki-fy!
We built a bamboo roof over one for a customer and threw a mask on the front and they liked it.
Not a classic or original Tiki Bar look but like Bora Boris said, another bar will come up! Might be good for yah for the meantime but I would probably hold off a little longer!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jan 23, 2008 12:21 AM

GROG say build your own. You can enjoy a feeling of accomplishment, you can build just the size you want, and decorate it to your taste and you can show it off to friends and family. You can start from scratch. You can buy a cheap, wooden bar and tikify it. Or, you can even do like my friend Shannon, who got two cheap bookcases, and put them together to use as the base to make her own bar. There are a number of home bars you can find on Tiki Central as inspiration.

Looks to me like a good foundation with which you could create a great tiki bar! Hey, sometimes you want to build from scratch, and sometimes you don't. I can see a tiki face on the front of that bar with a bit of leopard skin behind it... a puffer fish light hanging above it... a couple of carved tikis positioned on top... and RUM!... LOT'S OF RUM!

Thanks for the thoughts. The thing that's been bugging me about this bar is the sharp angle at the corners. I really do want a crescent-shaped tiki bar. Guess I'll old out.

that bar I mentioned is cresentish shape. I think.

Free Flexi Glass!

Pages: 1 10 replies