Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

KOWLOON Feb 2nd - 7pm - suzanne's aloha!!

Pages: 1 28 replies

B

AlooooooooHA!!!!!

Suzanne is now amonst our ranks and she needs a proper aloha!! Cmon out for another meet & greet!!!

Feb 2nd at the world famous Kowloon. 7pm.

As usual, I'll be up the road at the Hai for pre-diner cocktails for whoever wants to join.

Let me know if you're in & we'll get a reservation!

T

O.K. a little late but I'm in... can I get a note for my Maine guy to explain that the tiki folks insisted I attend?

Tikisgrl

Can't do it. Traditional Groundhog Day dinner with the family. (deep-fried this year!)

also, who's suzanne?

I would LOVE to go, but alas, it is the night before the Superbowl and Sunday is in line to be a lollapalooza of fun and consumption. Got stuff to cook and prepare, iron my foam finger and paint my body red and blue. Sorry Im gonna have to miss the festivities with Suzanne. Hopefully I can meet up another time. Have Fun!

Wish we could make another trip up to Bali Hai and Kowloon again but unfortunately it won't work for us either. I know those that can make it will show Suzanne a good time.

Have fun (and crab rangoons).

On 2008-01-24 19:09, pappythesailor wrote:
Can't do it. Traditional Groundhog Day dinner with the family. (deep-fried this year!)

also, who's suzanne?

Oh Gawd, you deep fry groundhogs?, bleh! :lol:

Suzanne is Texass Ohana!!

S

Texas Ohana? Wow, it didn't take long to earn that one, did it Vic? hahah.

I'm Suzanne from San Francisco, via Texas for a short while, and on my way to Massachusetts. I can't wait to meet some of you, even if it's only one or two. Will be a good time no matter what, as I'll get the chance to finally see Kowloon, which I've been seeing photos of and hearing about for so long! I'm very excited!

Sat at 7pm sounds perfect.

Also, who has a suggestion for a good place in Boston to watch the Superbowl? Since I'm not familiar with the area yet, I'd love any tips folks can give.

Suzanne

S

On 2008-01-24 19:09, pappythesailor wrote:
also, who's suzanne?

This is me:

B

Hey, if you guys are sick of me, just say so. Dont punish poor suzanne becuase of my lack of hygiene.

And pappy, if you're deep frying that ground hog, I'll take the "pope's nose"!

I tell ya, I have to come up with a different career or something so I can make all these meet and greets!

Or convince clubs, functions, and weddings that they need to hire me on Mondays and Tuesdays instead of Fridays and Saturdays.

As always, I'll be there in spirit.

S

Chances are good that I can make it. But someone might have to remind me the day before...

B

On 2008-01-25 10:10, The Granite Tiki wrote:
I tell ya, I have to come up with a different career or something so I can make all these meet and greets!

We HAVE been rather busy as of late, huh? Meeting up almost on a weekly basis! I think its great!!

The face to face thing beats this intarweb stuff anyday!

I'm just gonna have to book gigs at Tiki Establishments, that's all.

S

On 2008-01-25 13:49, The Granite Tiki wrote:
I'm just gonna have to book gigs at Tiki Establishments, that's all.

YES!!!

J

Wish we could go! Sorry we'll miss ya at the Kowloon Suzanne :(

S

Just a few days now! I am looking forward to meeting all who will be able to make it.... do we have a headcount and a reservation yet?

Suzanne

[ Edited by: suzanne 2008-01-29 16:36 ]

B

Well, so far it looks like me.......and maybe Scottes.

I guess this whole Superbowl weekend thing is throwing the kibosh on the deal.

Hmmm....do we wanna re-schedule to a time when more can make it??

We're planning a meet & Greet in mid feb (prob the 16th) at the South Pacific.

Does that work for more people?

S

I think Tikisgrl and Hula Cat are trying to make it too, and I'm bringing along a friend of mine who isn't a TCer - yet. I plan on going anyway, even if it's just lonely ol' me! Maybe an "official" Meet and Greet later would be better for most folks? I'm flexible.

Looking forward to it just the same!
Suzanne

S

I'm more likely to be there than not.

With TG and HC that'd be 6. More than enough!

T

I'm coming, really I am! I just need a note for an excuse for hanging with you nice people instead of going straight to Maine.

Beth

S

I'll write that note! Just remember to ask me while I can still write :wink:

See all of you in just a few days!
Suzanne

J

On 2008-01-30 07:58, Bargoyle wrote:
We're planning a meet & Greet in mid feb (prob the 16th) at the South Pacific.

Does that work for more people?

I'll be soaking up the rays in the Caribbean on the 16th mon. I'll be up for something after we return though.

R
Rain posted on Fri, Feb 1, 2008 5:59 PM

Leila and I might be up for something on the 16th... Sorry we can't make it out tomorrow :/

S

Thank you all so much for making the trip to Kowloon (some of you much longer than others - glad you finally made it Hula Cat!) to share alohas with me! It was a pleasure to meet you and I was glad you were able to meet Ramona also. I took some great photos that I'll post when I make it back to my home computer... just before I put it in a box and ship it north.

Can't wait to see all of you again. Many mahalos for everything!

Suzane

S

When are you back here again? March 4th or something? Mark the date and we'll do it again!

S

March 4th! That's a Tuesday though.... but that's when I'll be in town again, yes.

Here are some of my photos from Kowloon:

Me with Mike the Coconut Monkey:

Pu Pu Platter shot:

With Ramona:

Kowloon Dingy:

Sunken Bar:

Me:

Tikisgrl hides behind her newfound (and fab) salt and peppers:

Hula Cat, Suzanne and Ramona:

The Ohana, as taken from the top of a zombie glass:

A little off center, but you can't really blame the camera or the zombie glass for that, and anyway, it almost looks as if that rainbow is springing right from the flower in my hair.

:)

I had a great time, folks. Thank you so much again for coming from far and wide to meet me. I look forward to the jr tour and seeing more of all of you! Lots more shots (including one or two touristy ones) at http://flickr.com/photos/thedivapinup/sets/72157603868627407/

Suzanne

Edited for one bad link. Twice.

[ Edited by: suzanne 2008-02-07 12:22 ]

[ Edited by: suzanne 2008-02-07 12:25 ]

Really cool pictures. So mad I missed it...

Rick

T

Laziness is my only excuse!

Everyone but me & Hula Cat. He was trying to find Bali Hai without a handy dandy map, except we were at the Kowloon! Just kidding! Great to see everyone, looking forward to the next get together.

Beth

S

That last one is really a gem! haha.

Suzanne

Pages: 1 28 replies