Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What the hell is going on with Taboo 2?????

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hey has anyone heard what the hell happened to taboo 2? Sorry to sound a little upset, but some of my art was supposed to be printed in it, and it was due out last spring. I wouldn't be so upset but I let outre have my art free of cost for some copies of it(which is fine that not why I'm ticked) but now I can't get ahold of anyone over there I've tried for about 6 months, but now I've given up. I guess I've found another disorganized art company with no ethic. Thats what makes me mad. I know for a fact that someone over there has had the time to e-mail me sometime within the last year, to let me know whats going down.

Anyways sorry to rant but does anyone know anything I don't???

Renick

Renick,
I was supposed to be in the book too, kinda forgotten about it now. I'll shoot him another email about it too, as I am in contact with him every couple weeks.
I'll let him know.

-stuckie

F

Me Three- heck I forked to get the stuff shot on 4x4 transparencies

TK

Same here. E-mailed martin a couple times, but he seems to be a busy man. Last I heard it was supoused to be out around Christmas...Ho Ho Ho...

"TIKI: GOD OF THE ARTISTS"

Edited by Martin McIntosh, Introduced by Otto Von Stroheim. The follow up to "Taboo: The Art of Tiki","Tiki: God of the Artists" (previous working title "Tabu Tu") will feature more Polynesian pop influenced artwork featuring new art by
over 70 artists including Shag, Mark Ryden, The Pizz, Aaron Marshall, Moritz,Munktiki, Tim Biskup, Mitch O'Connell, Mai Tiki, Duke Carter, Lisa Petrucci, Bosko, Glenn Barr and many more. 128 pages "

Well that's the bumf from Outre, as copied a couple of months back. I met a Tiki artist a couple of years ago in Paris (Stephane Cazenave - great stuff BTW) who mentioned he was going to be in it, but no sign as yet. Still, I've ordered from Outre in the past, and they seem ok. Perhaps their actual art gallery is getting so busy that their publications are taking a back seat?

Trader Woody

M
MM posted on Fri, Feb 21, 2003 12:09 AM

Hello Tiki Central Readers,
Martin from Outre Gallery here.
I felt I ought to post a message here as there seem to be quite a few people upset over "Tabu Tu" (or lack of it).

In a nutshell - I bit off more than I could chew when I initially announced the book. It was originally announced after our Shag publication "Supersonic Swingers" came out. It was at that stage that the gallery (www.outregallery.com) really took off. I work on books in my spare time, outside of gallery hours. The increase is business has meant a huge increase in work load (and hence virtually no "free time" - I work 7 days a week). Since then I have put on three staff at the gallery to help with the workload, but it is still not enough ot create all the time I desire.

The good news - yes, it is my sincere hope to get "Tabu Tu" out. We do however have another few books (including "Tiki Modern" and "Beatsville") scheduled to come out before "Tabu Tu" and I thus do not want to set a specific date for it's release. I have made the mistake in the past of setting a date that I couldn't stick to, and grew over ambitious.

Let me state for the record I am incredibly grateful for all the artist's contributions - their time, their interest, their money spent (having transparencies and the like done), and their dedication to all things Tiki. Certainly without all this there would be a book full of empty pages.

I try and check Tiki Central every few months and am alwasy very impressed at the level of enthusiasm and dedication. This is my first post, but I'll post updates to Tiki Central on progress in future.
mahalo,
Martin

Can't say fairer than that.

Good luck Martin (And make sure you tell us of any special editions first!)

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 6 replies