Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

trader vic's skull mug question...

Pages: 1 5 replies

N

yesterday i found a skull mug at an antique store and picked it up. on the bottom of the mug it has a faint stamp "made for trader vic's"...

i searched the googa mooga site and saw similar mugs, but the mug i found has more of a flat face and doesn't have the black stamp as shown on the website...

the mug looks very old and has had some repair done to it, as it looked to have been dropped at some point...its also got a yellowish hue to it...

is this an authentic trader vic's mug? or some knock off?

try looking at the ooga mooga site......googa mooga isn't as informative.....better post pics here so we can answer your question.

Like these...?

Marked.

Unmarked.

Both are Trader Vic's.

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-01-27 09:36 ]

oops, i meant ooga mooga!

what's confusing me (and i admit, i almost know nothing about mugs, just that i like em) is that (after looking more at the mooga site) it looks more like the Otagiri Skull Mug. it doesn't have the pointed chin...

it does not have the trader vic black stamp, but IT DOES have a trader vic "indentation" in the mug....its very faint, but it is there...says MADE FOR TRADER VIC...

i will try and post pics later, but i'm sure the indentation won't show up too good...

On 2008-01-27 11:26, nimereht wrote:
oops, i meant ooga mooga!

what's confusing me (and i admit, i almost know nothing about mugs, just that i like em) is that (after looking more at the mooga site) it looks more like the Otagiri Skull Mug. it doesn't have the pointed chin...

it does not have the trader vic black stamp, but IT DOES have a trader vic "indentation" in the mug....its very faint, but it is there...says MADE FOR TRADER VIC...

i will try and post pics later, but i'm sure the indentation won't show up too good...

It sounds like you have found the "new" Trader Vic's skull mug that can currently be purchased at some Trader Vic's restaurants...Made in China and look more the the Hawaii Kai skull mug than the original Vic' mugs.

PTD

ah, got it...it must be the Trader Vic's Round Jaw Skull Mug Off-White mug...just found it on the site. thanks for the help!

Pages: 1 5 replies