Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau reservation -- discount no longer available?

Pages: 1 8 replies

I went to the Hukilau site and clicked on the Reservations link. Although the notice says that the group rate is available until May 21, I ended up with a message that the group rate is no longer available. Were so few rooms set aside at the group rate that they're already gone? Does the hotel have something messed up? Any feedback appreciated...

You will probably do better to call the hotel directly, there was a similar problem last year with the website. Something to do with group reservations and travel agents combined with the phase of the moon and the alignment of the stars. I think there was something else to do with the tides, but that was just a guess......

So sorry!!

I'll tell you why this is happening. It will all be cleared up tomorrow but just so you know now....

There is a block of rooms just intended for our group and the total number of rooms is spread out from Monday June 9 - Sunday June 15. Once the block is reached on any particular night during Hukilau the reservations system recognizes this and will shut out any new reservations. Someone should be actively watching this for me but unfortunately this must have happened in the last day or so, therefore it's the weekend and no one is home.

Please try back tomorrow and hopefully by 12:00noon Eastern Time the block will be increased and you can make your reservations for Hukilau!

Thanks for alerting me to this issue!

Hi, I just tried to make my reservation and received the same message. Does anybody know if this was an error or are they really gone. I was booking 2 rooms arrive Jun 13 depart Jun 15. 4 adults one child. Thanks!

Savage Sissy - I just spoke to the hotel. Strange that this is the case as I just had to add room to our block today. They are going to check on this tomorrow morning and then I can post a reply.

Have you tried calling their 1-800 number? Sorry you're experiencing a problem!

No problem, just wanted to be sure I hadn't messed something up. I'll try again tomorrow morning and if that doesn't work I'll call. I lucked out last year with a really cheap resident discount. But for some reason this year your rate was cheaper. Either way I'm THERE! Thanks!

Just wanted to confirm that I still had trouble reserving on line through the link. It actually let me do everything including putting in my card number, but came back with a message that there were no longer any rooms available. When I called the hotel to book, I got the special rate without a problem. The girl indicated that maybe there were no longer any "online" rooms as they were allocated differently? But it's all good and we are very excited!

Oh and one other thing that I wasn't aware of, when I called to make my reservations at the Mai-Kai, they required a deposit of 25.00 per person. That wasn't required last year, so a heads up to those who might not have made their reservations yet. It wasn't a big deal, just not an expense I was counting on.

Savage Sissy - my many apologies that reservations are an issue. Thanks for giving the Clipper a call, they are still trying to find the reason as to why this is still happening with online reservations.

As far as your Mai Kai reservations and the $25 - the Mai Kai will not and does not charge your credit card except in the event that you no show for June 14th. They have always done this throughout the history of Hukilau so it should be no surprise to anyone.

Mahalo once again for your patience!

Thanks for the info, when my wife (savage sissy)called last year they did not require a credit card number, and this year they did. When she asked about it the hostess told her that they required a "deposit" of 25.00 for each person for the reservation, she asked if she was being charged now and the girl said yes it's a deposit, so that's where the confusion came in. Thanks for setting the record straight and all your support in helping with the reservations and making things go smooth. See ya in June!

Pages: 1 8 replies