"Aloha"

"Oceania II"

Dirk Yates aka Kimo

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-03-18 23:09 ]

[ Edited by: dirk yates 2008-03-25 20:37 ]

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-03-25 20:39 ]

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-13 08:43 ]

SF

Looking good Dirk. Are those pen and ink with paint?

Rory tells me you are vending at Tiki Caliente in May, true?
He also tells me you want to have a former spaghetti western star bartend in your room?
As a fan of the spaghetti western I'm really curious who it might be. If it's a secret I understand.

Wow, Thanks Doug!!
Your input is truly appreciated. You are one hell of an amazing artist!! I totally dig your stuff. Yup I will be vending at the show in May (rum drink in hand and straw hat).

A very dear friend will be bartending and I will let it out when I get all my ducks in a row. Its my very first appearance on the tiki scene and I am really looking forward to it.

Actually they are pencil then pen & ink. Haven't ventured into guache painting techniques yet. I am still refining my process. I hope the results look good.

Mahalo,
Dirk
aka
Kimo
aka
Tiki Dirk

Aloha kâkou !!
New Stuff Finally !!! More to come!! Here are some of my latest drawings. Hope you like these new pieces. Loads more cool stuff comin down the pipeline to the Tiki-Caliente in Palm Springs too!!

Mahalo nui loa

PS - Yes, prints are ready now and available for purchase.

"The Cannibal Drum"

"Aloha"

"Oceania II"

Dirk Yates aka Kimo

Aloha My fellow TC'ers,

Here ya go I am keeping up with this post. Here is some of my latest work.

Be sure to come by and see all of us at Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs

Good luck to you in the Springs. Maybe this show will start a new tradition and bring in new blood to true tiki style.

Well, with Wildsville Man and M Modern Hosting it should be great!! There will some great talent present at the show and I am very honored to be included. You should come down and join in the festivities. You've got some real talent!!

Cool stuff, Dirk!

Thanks Sam,

I really appreciate hearing that from an amazing artist like yourself. I totally dig your work. Are you coming down for the Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs in May? We would love to have you.

Thanks Dirk! I won't be making it to Palm Springs although I wish I could. I have about 3 different circumstances holding me back at that time! Maybe next time...

Aloha kâkou !!

Here are a couple of my new pieces. This week I will be posting the photos of my paintings finally. Please let me know what you think of my work.

Tiki Bob

Akua III

Akua II

Hit me up if you have any comments or suggestions.

Mahalo, Dirk

Be sure to get in on the Greatest Tiki Event of the Year. Come to sunny Palm Springs and see my work at The Tiki Caliente event May 9-11 at the Caliente Tropics.

Come check it out!!!

Looking forward to catching a print at the Springs. I love your style. See ya at Caliente. :D

Hurry rooms are going fast!!!! Hit up Wildsville Man!!! Be sure to get in on the Greatest Tiki Event of the Year. Come to sunny Palm Springs and see my work at The Tiki Caliente event May 9-11 at the Caliente Tropics.

Come check out all the cool festivities and art!!!

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 17:23 ]

Aloha kâkou !!

Here are a couple of my new pieces. Please let me know what you think of my work.

Mahalo, Dirk

Be sure to get in on the Greatest Tiki Event of the Year. Come to sunny Palm Springs and see my work at The Tiki Caliente event May 9-11 at the Caliente Tropics.

Come check it out!!!

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 17:25 ]

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 19:10 ]

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 19:11 ]

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2010-05-09 21:15 ]

RH

I really like your promo design, but I always liked menus and promo posters. I was I could fly the 1,700 miles to Palm Springs to check out the event. Good luck with your sales there.

Great show Dirk...you really capture Tiki with a fun pop feel. I'll make sure that one of your pics is the first to hang in my lounge.

HugsHugs Vamp :D

Aloha, Dirk!

Terrific work!

It puts a big grin on my tiki "mug" and captures a very kool vibe!

Some faves are 'Tiki Bob', 'Aloha', 'Oceania II', and THIS dude...

What's HE called???

I also really dig all your Hibiscus designs! They have a vibrant, Warholish feel.

Anyway, I saw that you have Sam G and Doug H as admirers -- also two of my faves. In fact, there are plans afoot for me to be doing an article soon on Mr. Horne. Speaking of which, you can check out my 6-page piece on Sven (BigBro) in the new (Summer) issue of Tiki Mag!

Keep up the nifty work!

Cheers! :drink:

[ Edited by: KreepyTiki 2008-08-08 12:03 ]

T

Hey Dirk! Cool stuff! My favorite is the Tiki Bob... and the hibiscus paintings are great, love the graphic feel of them. What medium do you use?

Pages: 1 19 replies