Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

***Tonga Hut art show *** February 23, 2008***

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies

On 2008-02-23 10:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
Are drinks gonna fly if the Soccer's and Tiki Kate are all there tonight?

Should be a Good Time Tonight!!!
( with all the heat here last week!!)

Take lot's of pics!!

Nope. I promise to be perfectly well behaved this evening. Plus, I'm driving, so I can't drink. :wink:

Ok so See you all there tonight!! Ok so Kate I guess I'm only buying you a coke??

On 2008-02-23 11:29, Hiphipahula wrote:
Ok so See you all there tonight!! Ok so Kate I guess I'm only buying you a coke??

Sadly, I gave up my beloved Diet Coke about three weeks ago. Maybe that's why I've got such a short fuse these days. Cammo recommended diet ginger ale with lime. I may have to give that a try.

OK & we will put vodka in it Yep!

On 2008-02-22 09:52, Swamp Fire wrote:
Just a few of the items Stacey (my better half) will have for the show, Happy Chi Jewelry.

Lots of watches, resin beads with semi-precious stones.
Tiki, Horne ("e" is silent) Monkeys, B-movie, Day of the dead, pin-up, Geshas.

Belt buckles.

Plus necklaces, braclets, earrings.

See ya Saturday night!

I Love these! See ya Tonight!

:cry: Whaaaaaah....I will not be able to attend. I am sorry, Grog. My loss, for certain. It looks like a great line-up.

Yay! It stopped raining! :)

No excuses now . . . See you all tonight!

Hmmmm. . . for the first time I am neither an exibiting artist or guest hosting bartender for the show. . .whatever shall I do with myself???!!!

:drink: :) :drink: :) :drink: :)

On 2008-02-23 10:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
Are drinks gonna fly if the Soccer's and Tiki Kate are all there tonight?

Should be a Good Time Tonight!!!
( with all the heat here last week!!)

Take lot's of pics!!

I'm coming with CAS*H...Not animosity!!!
WoooHoooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

H

Fun, fun, fun, you guys are the best. I had the best time. Let's do it again soon.

Everyone raise your rum barrels to GROG, for putting together another great evening at the Tonga Hut. Some seriously lovely merchandise tonight. My wallet is much thinner now, but I'm one happy Tikigirrrl. Always fun to see Doug and Stacie and I can't wait to frame my "Jesus Loves Tiki" print and wear my new Happy Chi jewelry! Tiki Diablo, your mugs rock, and Go-Go Tiki... well, you'll be getting an order from me soon for one of those underwater fantasy half-barrel mugs (in a brunette version PLEASE)! Gene, you better call me next time you're in town, or I'll make YOU buy me a drink when I'm next in Vegas! Very nice to meet you, Dave, and I think your necklaces are beautifully made. Eileen, you were definitely missed, but we all hope you're feeling better soon. In the meantime, everyone start getting ready for Spring (ALOHAAAA to warmer weather) and all the upcoming Tiki-fying events this year. And look forward to the next issue of Tiki Magazine! We're all turning in our latest articles in the next week or so. Aloha for now! -- Kari

2nd that - Grog, another great night of fun at the Tonga Hut! Bought a Doug Horne (got in a little trouble with my wife!) but it was worth it!

Also spoke with GoGo and his wife Dani for awhile. SUPER nice people and the Go tiki mugs (which i hadn't seen in person) are awesome. They ended up giving me FOUR pendants and one of thier prized free willy mugs FOR FREE. Go buy some - you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for saving me my funkey monkey shot glasses. GO TIKI ROCKS!

michael g

I know there were people taking photos last night. Anyone post any of these yet?

I didn't take a ton of pictures last night but here a few -

Crazy Al and GROG

Tiki Diablo and Mrs. Tiki Diablo

The Great Wall of Diablo

Tiki Kate, Cheeky Girl, Mieko and Hiphipahula

Future Mrs. Bora Boris, Baldy, Hiltiki, Phil and Mieko.

I'm going back to sleep.

OK.....You asked for it...

Our friends from the F.O.M. with their original GoTiki mugs

HipHipHula and WooHoo

GoGo, WooHoo and SoccerTiki

The always gracious Doug Horne after signing a special Promo Print for the upcoming Tiki Caliente show

Stacey waiting for WooHooWahine to make the first watch purchase of the evening

WooHoo's new "Happy Chi" original watch!

Tikiyaki and yours truly...Is it just me or does this guy look like Dracula? LOL!

GoGo and Polynesiac

The paparrazi waiting to attack outside!

Hmmmm....I want this sticker!

Another Tiki Diablo classic!

This beauty came from Thor's booth

This was early in the evening...GoGo and Dani were selling mugs like hotcakes!

T

Dracula !!!!

OK....I admit it, I need some SUN.....This SoCal weather is NOT helping me in that dept right now...Man, I need to get back to Waikiki !!!

I had fun last night.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Feb 24, 2008 1:53 PM

Thanks everybody who came to the Tonga Hut art show. It was a smaller crowd this time overall, but a good turnout of TCers. The last time we had a Tonga Hut art show and it was cold and rainy, that was a smaller crowd as well. Seems like Clifornians can't drive in the rain.

Thank you to all the artists who participated, and thank you to the Tonga Hut owners Ana and Jeremy, and the bartenders Trevor, Megan, and Deborah (or Debra?) for slinging the drinks.Thanks DJ Devil One for some fun tunes.

This year is the Tonga Hut's 50th anniversary, so hopefully we can help support our local Tiki bars , so they can survive another 50 years.

Mahalo.

Ernie

O

What a great night! Happy 50th Tonga Hut. 1958-2008 Looking forward to the 50th party! Yeah Soccer Tiki, Tiki Paparazzi,thats me covering as Hiltiki pointed out! The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Tiki.
The Tonga Hut is all Good and the Incredible Tiki art show made it even better!

Thanks to all the artists for sharing your cool work. Ana, Jeremy and Grog for putting this show together and the great Mai Tai's!
My compliments to the Tonga Hut drink review board.
I also want to thank the TCers that answered Wildsville's questions on and off camera in prep for his intervention this May 10th in Palm Springs.
Together we can help Wildsville Man. Lets not forget poor Andy, he loved Tiki Too.
Thanks for keeping the Tiki spirit alive everyone.

(Grog didn't even have to use his club once all night either.

And whats up with this guy? Mojo working or what? I'm jealous

T

Thanks to everyone who braved the rain to join us for our first art show this year. Grog you did a great job coordinating the artists. Thanks to all the artists, DJ Devil 1, all the party goers and our staff for making it happen. Go Tiki thanks so much for the Tiki Tunes Jukebox - its already in our display case! And thanks to Horne for the amazing mask- its already up on the wall behind the bar!

Let's keep this thing going. We're looking forward to celebrating our 50th Anniversary with you all year long!

Viva Tiki!!

Ana and Jeremy

R

Despite the rain, Luigi and I made it out to the Tonga Hut.

Here are the pics I managed to snag while there.

That's all!

:) Had a blast!

Thanks Ravenne,

I'm glad the ones that I'm in were in focus. :lol:

R

I know some people hate sharing their blurry pics.

I like to give variety!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:D

S

More pics

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/7497/47c2536e.jpg[/img

[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/7497/47c252a8.jpg)

C

What a very FUN night!!!!

Was great to chat with the Ohana & meet some new friends!!
Thanks to GROG for hosting a great event at a FABULOUS tiki bar.
And thanks to all of the wonderful artists for bring their fabulous work to share with us all!!!!

I have many new tiki treasures to take on home to Wisconsin with me. Thanks to all for the incredibly warm welcome to us out-of-towners. We look forward to doing it again sometime SOON!

B

It was great meeting everybody at the show! Thanks for putting together yet another great event, GROG! Sorry that I didn't show up in my Power Ranger PJ's. Betty just didn't make me a good enough offer.

T

Thanks Grog, it was nice to meet you and the other people I met there even though I could only stay for a few minutes. It was my first TC event.
Rick

T

Ojaitimo> never thought I would get to the end of your post...every picture told a story and I just envied them all. Glad you posted them.

I loved the Thor mug with the cowrie lips and bamboo ears/nose. First time I had ever seen it. Arrrsome

O

Thanks, this was my favorite!

Thanks Grog thanks for being in “tight” with the owners of the Tonga Hut who so graciously
accommodate the artists. Great show, Great Artists, Great stuff.

I got my Tiki Diablo bowl and these cute little monkey “See/Hear/Speak No Evil” shot glasses
from GoTiki. Speaking of monkeys....I also I touched Sabu’s monkey....monkey pendant that
is......Did ya’ll know that it’s a real monkey skull!

Kate, thanks for the 411 on the mugs, always a plethora of knowledge. I’m sporting one of my
lovely Bowana pendant at work today. Hiphipahula -- we finally had more than 2 words!

And, Boris, I’ll put in a good word as to how “adorable” you are, and I’m certain Hiltiki will as well to the “Future Mrs. Bora Boris”.

And thanks to Trevor for the addition of the Lapu Lapu to the evening's menu!

My favorite picture.

No really, Stacey had a great time, proof below.

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2008-02-25 11:30 ]

Thanks Groggy for putting on another great show!
It was great seeing everyone.

We brought Wildsville man but he just would'nt get out of the car.
That boy has to get over his shyness, Ha.

T

Had a great time....it was cozy there with the rain outside and the tummy warming rum inside the hut. No one will believe I attended this event in Hawaii though!! I think I successfully dodged every picture taken in this thread!!! HAaaa
Thanks to Grog and all the artists for great friends and art sharing...

Thanks Grog, we had a blast. Good seeing my hommies there. Great time!

I know I said I would to sell my soul to you, but I didn't think you'd take me seriously! Diablo? really...

It was a good time, thanks Grog for putting on the show. I was only there for a short time as we went to Tiki-Ti first and the cocktails were kickin in. I did pick up some mugs from Thor and Go Tiki (thanks for the pendant)and one of Doug Horne's pencil on paper. Everybody had great stuff...Thor almost gave us two mugs for practically free (on accident)and we had a good laugh out of that. Well, back to finishing up the home bar so I can have a place to put everything. Thanks again.

Jeff

[ Edited by: gonegoannas 2008-02-26 07:51 ]

Great time!!!! Tonga hut rocks - it was great seeing old tiki friends and meeting new ones. The artists that were displaying work and selling all had top-notch stuff and if you weren't there you totally missed out.

It was great to chat with those I was able to, and I guessed I missed quite a few of you after looking at the great pictures posted. Tonga hut isn't THAT big!!!

Extra thanks to go-go for passing out the free ceramic pendants, that was super cool of ya!

Until next time!!!!

GT

Dani and Myself had a Great time at the Tonga Hut, It was nice to be in the mist of so many Great artist, What a fun experince for me! Thank You Grog for the invite, And Ana and Jeremy for sharing the Tonga Hut, I also meet so many fellow TCer's, What a cool crowd of people you are, And last but not least, I was honored to meet a couple of F-O-M members, Caroline and Stacy, Who enjoyed some cocktails in their F-O-M moai mugs, Thanks All, Mahalo! Gogo

Nice seeing all the artists and their goodies. GoTikis bowls were pretty cool up close (thanks for the pendant). I met up with Polypop again after the big surf show in Long Beach. Long drive in the rain.....traffic sucked. I guess we left too early as I see a lot more TCers showed up. My fist trek to the Tonga Hut since the remodel......looks great. Will have to return with my chauffeur so I can check out the cocktails.

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies