Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

"Four Rooms" (1995)

Pages: 1 10 replies

This film does not feel "scored" in the conventional way but features a good bunch of Esquivel space-age tunes, glued together with music by Combustible Edison. The blend between old and new is basically seamless, and the music does a great deal to help generate this bizarre movie's otherworldly atmosphere. There is also, I believe, a cheesy luau-style party taking place peripherally at one point. I don't recall seeing any tikis at any point in this film, but it deserves a look for its music and feel.

BM

the scene with antonio banderas kids in the hotel room is one of the MOST DARKLY HILARIOUS things ever put to film...and every parents NIGHTMARE...spotty in parts but a great flick nonetheless

Here is an example of the movie.........
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxWds4CQH0
Here is the soundtrack on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Rooms-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B000002HKQ
[ Edited by: Johnny Tiki 2008-02-01 10:07 ]

[ Edited by: Johnny Tiki 2008-02-01 10:08 ]

I pissed myself laughing at the dead hooker in the bxo spring scene!

A very good movie...of course I could do without the Quentin Tarantino violence...but then again, some people probably like that. I love Antonio Banderas and he did a great job. Thanks for the info on the music. :)

K
Kenike posted on Mon, Feb 4, 2008 4:53 AM

On 2008-02-02 17:55, VampiressRN wrote:
A very good movie...of course I could do without the Quentin Tarantino violence...

Chopping off a finger pales in comparison to just about everything else he's ever been involved in...and you only see that for a split second. I thought Ted puking at the sight of the dead hooker was much worse.

I never saw the movie. Although I was glad to hear that Combustible Edison got the scoring gig, episodic films rarely turn out any good.
Didn't Julian Temple direct one episode at the Madonna Inn? I should netflix the Film, now I am curious if any of the Witco furnished rooms are in it... I worked with Julian on a David Bowie video, I still remember after the main shoot he and me (with a battery lamp) and the camera woman snuck away to Hollywood Blvd late at night and we filmed him peeing on Ronald Reagan's star...he always was a punk at heart! :) Aaaah, those good ol' Musicvideo days! Wonder why that never ended up in the final video.:D ...and they didn't have U-tube back then.

M

How random!

I've had the promo soundtrack for this movie for years and just this Saturday put it on while I was puttering about the house, after not listening to it for just as many years. I guess you guys have loud voices!

:)

I loved Combustible Edison back in the day, anyone know what happened to rest of them, besides Brother Cleve?

T

The Millionaire is scoring soundtracks and DJing on Luxuriamusic.com.

Last I heard Liz was doing voice over work.

Laughing Boy is the current drummer with Waitiki.

Nick Cudahy plays bass in assorted jazz bands in New York City.

I have noticed that movie- and art-oriented people seem to tune into this film's weird, swanky vibe, and don't drag it over the coals for its lack of story, preferring to appreciate the ambiance and the gags. I remember putting this on in a hotel room party once. Person One said, "What is THIS??" Person Two said, "Oh, just one of those hidden treasures very few people have seen."

Four rooms was not released down under, but I bought this movie on the strength of this thread. Glad I did, thouroughly enjoyed myself, laughed hard. Verti-go-go is the ginchiest...

Pages: 1 10 replies