$750
gouache on paper
10X6.5"
w/Bamboo Frame

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche 2008-02-19 12:12 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2008 2:01 PM

If I was Jr. that would be a must to buy. There's more good ideas going on in there than most creative minds think up all year or in a lifetime if your into tiki.

K
kooche posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2008 4:14 PM

thank you so much! what a compliment! i'll take that from you gladly!

aloha and mahalo
MT

Those are not "ideas". That's what Miles SEES when sitting at the bar after his third concoction! It just needs one of your great music clips, Miles, and it'll become animated in my mind. :D

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-05 16:38 ]

muy bien!Tthe 14th is coming!

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2008-02-06 00:27 ]

K
kooche posted on Wed, Feb 6, 2008 7:07 AM

Danny Sven - thank you for the big ups! you guys are so nice to leave feed for me! you're right D, the day is coming very soon. i'll be 37 this year! man,what a drag - KIDDING!!!

thank you and aloha men
M

Miles,
Do you do limited editions of your art? We would love to have you are Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs this May.

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-07 08:33 ]

Sheesh Miles!
You got the hand when it comes to gouache!
That JR painting has the most incredible lighting going on
on the bird,on his face,on the poor explorer roasting in the pot,
to that little monkey sucking down a shamrock shake!
I just noticed the pink and green eyes on the table legs!
Genius!
and don't get me started on HuHuLaLa!
The warm happiness of all the characters and the sun/eye/flower/halo effect
is too much!
and those birds! It's like they want to fish!
Your work has a quality to it....a ZING that is very special!
Thanks for sharing!
and early happy birthday!

K
kooche posted on Fri, Feb 8, 2008 9:37 AM

thanks for all of the compliments Little Lost Tiki! it's really nice to hear all of these kind words as i'm stuck in the middle of a HUUUGE commission presently, your lengthy encouragement is echoing in my studio presently

Wildman - yeah i have made an edition of 50 prints of Huhulala and 2 or 3 others but i am guilty of not marketing my stuff consistently - i won't be joining you this year at Caliente Tropics but thanks for the thoughtful invitation. there is something springbreak 1989 about it to me, no offense intended. it's just that vending at a theme hotel with a bunch of intoxicated pirate hearted zombies tied to the masthead isn't my idea of relaxing or fun - sorry, but i get that 4 days out of 7 at the Tiki Ti if that's what i'm after. i'm glad you like my stuff and if Jay happens to find me selling paintings on my own it's because i want them to be sold when they arrive framed at his gallery!

aloha and mahalo!!!

TS

On 2008-02-05 13:34, kooche wrote:

"Jr"
$750
gouache on paper
12X10"
w/Bamboo Frame

I'm sure "Jr" makes that just in tips on friday nights! Great work as always MT! Maybe "rum" into you @ the Ti soon....
-Tom

On 2008-02-08 09:37, kooche wrote:
thanks for all of the compliments Little Lost Tiki! it's really nice to hear all of these kind words as i'm stuck in the middle of a HUUUGE commission presently, your lengthy encouragement is echoing in my studio presently

Wildman - yeah i have made an edition of 50 prints of Huhulala and 2 or 3 others but i am guilty of not marketing my stuff consistently - i won't be joining you this year at Caliente Tropics but thanks for the thoughtful invitation. there is something springbreak 1989 about it to me, no offense intended. it's just that vending at a theme hotel with a bunch of intoxicated pirate hearted zombies tied to the masthead isn't my idea of relaxing or fun - sorry, but i get that 4 days out of 7 at the Tiki Ti if that's what i'm after. i'm glad you like my stuff and if Jay happens to find me selling paintings on my own it's because i want them to be sold when they arrive framed at his gallery!

aloha and mahalo!!!

That sounds like a rockin good time,How do I get tickets?
Oh wait!!! you can get tickets at http://www.tiki-caliente.com/
Tiki Caliente were we are not too high-brow for low-brow!!!!!!! DIG?
no offence taken.

I think it's time for a Ray's Mistake!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2008-02-11 09:48 ]

Seriously, it's so spam at this point how bout I don't have to see Wildsville & assoc. posting in every thread I have looked at today even when it doesn't pertain. Don't you have your own thread to promote in? It's rude, TC ables you to PM people so that what's you need to do in cases like invites etc.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-02-11 02:27 ]

K

oh it's time for a Ray's Mistake alright! tonight's the night for me i think!
see you kids at the Tiki!

Miles,

Have you also done a painting of Sr.?

On 2008-02-13 11:18, Bora Boris wrote:
Miles,
Have you also done a painting of Sr.?

The above question by a Tiki Ti regular is clear proof as to the intoxication level of the concoctions offered at this urban oasis.
:wink: Prost!

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-13 14:20 ]

S

M-
Wish I could suck back a ray's mistake tonight, but working all night...

You keep tempting me with you incredible art, and you know I am bound to pull the trigger sooner than later...

Late,

S

K

have i done a painting of Mike Sr? one hangs in the bar already - it's in the corner and they have prints of it for sale at the bar(or they used to)...peep it out and don't forget to tip your bartender well!

aloha! and happy V Day to y'all!

Scott - one day soon we'll do it at the tiki ti again - i just know it and when we do they're on ME!

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche 2008-02-22 11:51 ]

[ Edited by: kooche 2008-02-26 16:24 ]

K
kooche posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2008 5:33 PM

"Dead Surf Beat"
8.5"X7.5"
gouache on paper

Surf Beat
The Light Gallery
440 East 17th St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Opening Reception March 15th, 6 PM til Midnight

That's Friggin Great!
Dead Surf beat is right on the money!
He's so cool with his hat and fancy feather, cool shades, stogie and jams!
He's just blowing his own mind with those Crazy Bongo beats!
And he's catching a wave!
no wonder his litle tiki grom friend is givin him the stink-eye!
Hilarious!
You're a master of lighting, humor,color,and rhythm,man!
Dig it!
Can't wait to gawk at this at the opening!
you comin down for that,Miles?

K

sorry the painting wasn't at the opening - damn that fed ex!

thank you for all of the kind words regarding my paintings LLT, it really makes a guy's day to hear those kinds of things said about an image.

aloha
MT

miles:
your stuff is...okay, i guess.

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-03-25 04:15 ]

K

"okay.. you GUESS?" - why i ought to ... (thoughts of manly melee action and the deep stirring of sad emotion)

MG

What I want to know is.......

WHO'S WEARING THE YELLOW SHIRT!

T

On 2008-03-26 19:24, MEAN GENE wrote:
What I want to know is.......

WHO'S WEARING THE YELLOW SHIRT!

It's Humuhumu
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23554&forum=12&hilite=humuhumu

Love your art, Miles. I looked for your painting at the SURFbeat opening, I'll have to go back and see it before the show closes. Looking forward to your paintings at M Modern.

[ Edited by: TikiSan 2008-03-27 00:45 ]

Kooche...

That "Food Fight" filmon your blog is A - MAZ - ING !!!!! Did you animate that ?

Pages: 1 25 replies