Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Spring Cleaning Tiki Mug Trade Off Idea Post

Pages: 1 17 replies

Aloha Folks,

After a pretty successful holiday mug trade off, many folks wanted to do again before next holiday season. So, I'm just putting out feelers to see who may be interested, and looking for ideas to make it a little more exciting.

One idea I had was a minimum two mug trade off. One vintage, one not so vintage. Just an idea.

So, let me know what you think.

The official thread will start on the first day of Spring.

Rick

J

I'm in for another trade, but I'm not so sure about the 2-mug minimum. That can get a little expensive to ship depending on the size and weight of the mugs. (Can you tell I pulled the trader in Hawaii last time? :wink: ) It also puts a little extra pressure on everyone to come up with stuff they may not have extras of. I vote for keeping it fun by minimizing the rules and requirements.

im in for another trade off.....but im with jentiki....one mug would by fine by me..

we can do a single mug trade off and if anyone wants to do more...
then just put your name in more than once for multiple names

the last trade off was a blast.........count me in

I'm in. I'm guessing 2 mugs in one box wouldn't be all that much more to ship than 1.

I'm in again. Mmmmm... I think "one mug, no rules" would be my vote. Some got into the add-ons a bit last time; leaving it up to the individual works for me. Now let's see... which mug... that one, or maybe that one?

in

Although I've never gotten in on these trade-offs before, I followed the last one fairly closely and think I get the gist. I've got a few duplicates and even some home-grown mugs being fired this week, so count me in this time! I'd be for keeping it simple, though.

D

I am in. I could do one or two what ever seems like the group would like to do.

LT

Sounds like fun - I'm in!

C

I am in but since i am pretty new to this, I don't have any vintage mugs I am wiling to pass along (I only have a couple!). I could only swing one mug and maybe some other goodies in the box.

S

So how does this work? Fill me in. I have far, far too many mugs. I have boxes and boxes stored around the house. Moving some around would be nice. I'd like to see a list of non-trade worthy mugs though. Although that might be dependant on locale. Or is that going against the idea. There are just mugs here that are so common i won't buy them for a quarter. Unmarked PMPs, some OMCs, Leilanis, some orchids, Sneaky TIki buckt mugs, etc.

I'd like to try this again. I still have a few duplicates.

Swanky - Many of the folks involved in the trade have Ooga-Mooga accounts, so it's a little easier to see what the person has or doesn't have. It's pretty tough to match anything on most people's wish lists without spending a fortune, but it may give you a better idea of what kind of mugs they like.

K

Is in (again).

Good to see this will be another good go around. This is the idea thread, that's why I threw out the idea of the two mugs. Just trying to see if it would make it better, more interesting.

Rick

Count me in again.

T

I'm in again also! Loved this the last time and I have a lot of duplicates to trade. I think one mug and a little surprise is a fun idea.

Tikisgrl

bump

As roughly translated earlier this evening in Shout...I am in, DIG!

Pages: 1 17 replies