Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Lemon Hart Jamaica and Guyana

Pages: 1 4 replies

I have never tried the Jamaican overproof Lemon Hart, i wonder how it is? i imagine that it tastes like the 80 proof Jamaican but stronger?

Same way, i have only tried the demerara overproof but not the demerara 80 proof and imagine the 80 proof must taste the same but less strong.

Then i wonder why is there two Lemon Hart made in 2 different places? i dont complain..but im curious.

The picture is the Jamaican overproof.

Great question. When I am "hit" with the taste of the straight the 151's, it is hard for me to tell what they taste like! When used in a cocktail, if one sticks with, say, a Demerara 151 as a floater instead of a PR 151, like a Bacardi, the, the woody-ness/tobacco comes through. So, I can say, in a cocktail, the character of the Lemon Hart 80 proof holds to the same character as tje 151. BTW, I am trying to get my hands on some more Lemon Hart Jamaican 80 proof. If you need anything from the US distribution, I would swap bottles of anything and send bottles to you first. You could use a PO box or, whatever. It's an honor system and I would be glad to bear the risk of exchange. I currently swap with 3 others around the planet and have never been disappointed.

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2008-03-05 23:22 ]

I would love to swap bottles!
Maybe you could PM me?

Here's another european guy interested in swapping stuff. I got access to Jamaican Lemon Hart Overproof and any other stuff in that shop: http://www.lafuente.es/ They got a huge stock of rum.

That's great! Let me know when you want a bottle of something in particular. I'll let you know the US Dollar price and see if you agree to a swap for something in a similar price range at your end. Then, I will send first so that you have no worry. I have been doing this for years, now. Oh, the great rums which I have tasted that are not available here!

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2008-03-12 08:41 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies