Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Dallas Trader Vic's featured in new Neiman Marcus catalog

Pages: 1 15 replies

K

The new April 2008 Neiman Marcus catalog contains an 18 page spread shot entirely at Dallas TV.

While some props were brought in just for the photo shoot, all of the backgrounds (including carvings, masks, bamboo, tapa, etc.) are different areas of the bar and dining room.

These are not all of the pictures, but the ones that show a good bit of the decor.

S

Nice. Those clothes go well with the decor!

That is so cool! Dig the outfits, too!

Great pics of the decor!!!

The vixen wasn't too shabby either!!

=grin=

Mustang Island Tiki

T

TikiBar Barbie?

T

I love it!

Great find...I agree, those clothes really do match the decor. Good taste in fashion and ambiance. :)

James, great link. Jeez, these crazy collectors, tiz tiz.

Kenike, does it have THIS cover? I actually want to get one, to use as proof that Tiki can be modern AND tasteful nowadays, and NOT only done in that self-conscious, tacky "50s pin-up" re-enactment style.

K

It's this one:

It even has a cool cover... --Outch! I just called them because did not see it on the website, and this is a quarterly, thick coffee table catalog that can only be gotten thru a $ 50.00 subscription!

I don't know if I'll ever venture near the faraway shores of Beverly Hills where their nearest store is to try to get just that one, my range of activity lies between Eagle Rock to the North, Burbank to the West and the Tiki Ti South of me...sort of a Polynesian (pop) Triangle, with my Tiki Island in the middle.

At this point I say thank you for the nice scans, they shall suffice. :)

T

On 2008-03-14 14:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
I don't know if I'll ever venture near the faraway shores of Beverly Hills where their nearest store is to try to get just that one, my range of activity lies between Eagle Rock to the North, Burbank to the West and the Tiki Ti South of me...sort of a Polynesian (pop) Triangle,

Time for a road trip, Mr. K!

M

That's the coolest catalog...

Who is credited for the photos/ lay out/ etc.?
I might know who set it up for NM.

K

On 2008-03-17 20:23, Unkle John wrote:
Who is credited for the photos/ lay out/ etc.?
I might know who set it up for NM.

No credits that I can find for photography or art direction anywhere in the catalog.

Crud.

She used to be Erin Emmons, but I think she goes by Erin Kirkpatrick now.

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2008-03-21 22:12 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies