Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Portland OR distilleries working on absinthe

Pages: 1 6 replies

RB

Cool. Anybody try the absinthe called "Lucid?" Black bottle, green lettering, $62. I've only had home distilled absinthe. It was really good. Glad the Feds are relaxing a bit.

In Caifornia, we have the the Kubler from Switzerland and Lucid from France sold everywhere. The Lucid is laid back in charascter with a good opaque louche. The Kubler is more like the spirits which I tasted in Europe several years ago, upfront and forward. I really like the Lucid. It's tasty and, well, absinthe. There's really nothing like it. I have a vintage fountain so that I can recreate the entire ritual. This past Christmas, I introduced all of my neighbors to this long forgotten, and banned, rite. The Lucid is a great place to begin.

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2008-03-14 22:51 ]

I just received a bottle of Lucid absinthe yesterday and gave it a try today. Very interesting. I think this could become a little rage here in the Midwest.

Beware, what were you talking about a "vintage fountain"? I know about the water poured over the sugar cube on the slotted spoon. Was this done with a fountain?

Ultimate in cool for absinthe heads.

That sure is a beuatiful fountain, or "dripper". Mine is similar, got it in New Orleans.

Ah... a dripper! Experimenting a bit... I think it's a better drink shaken and strained, but the tradition of dripping water over a sugar cube makes for such a unique presentation.

Pages: 1 6 replies