Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Perfect Mai Tai ~ San Diego

Pages: 1 7 replies

we had dinner at The Tractor Room, a decidedly non-tiki restaurant, but where my husband found a Perfect Mai Tai, and a very good Zombie.

pictures of our entrees and desserts are on my myspace page.

Is that red thing the Mai Tai?

D

no Jason, the "red thing" is the zombie.

Glad you found a mai tai that y'all enjoyed. At least they were close to the original recipe. It seems that 99% of the bars I have visited throw a blend of fruit juice in a mug and float Myers on top for a mai tai. The place looks a bit kitschy for me though. I have a very snobby pet peeve towards anything served in a martini glass that's called a "martini." At least they make a ramos fizz...good for breakfast.

Great find - thanks for sharing.

It is actually a MUCH better cocktail menu than I would expect to find in a place called "The Tractor Room", but I guess that saying is true about a book and it's cover.

M

It's the same owners as the infamous Hash House a Go Go, known for the biggest and best breakfasts in San Diego. http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/

I ate there for the first time a few weeks ago, and they really do seem to care about their cocktail menu. I had their Marilene Kiss - Yummy.

On 2008-03-17 09:50, dogbytes wrote:
no Jason, the "red thing" is the zombie.

Thank god! It looks like the mai tais my oh-so-not-tiki neighbors served on New Years Eve. A red mai tai is always a bad sign. Thanks for clearing that up!

I still think Bali Hai had the best Mai Tai's in San Diego.

They are very strong but are great, and have perfect ice.

Great pics dogbytes!

Pages: 1 7 replies