Pages: 1 11 replies

This one just in:

"Fans of the Exotic!!

My friend and yours - the spectacular King Kukulele - king of the ukulele
will be visiting our fine city for one night only this Thursday - playing an
impromptu set in the exotic surroundings of London's best Tiki bar - South
London Pacific.

Join us all for a drink and some music around 8pm ish."

I know this should be in the 'Events' section, but I also know the Brit-Tiki gang rarely check that, as there's usually not much going on over here. Not one to miss!
(Though I will...I'm in Spain....)

Trader Woody

Hopefully Tiki Chris will be able to get over there? Somebody get some pictures!

Londonites, don't miss the King! He will entertain your socks off!!!

On 2003-02-24 11:18, floratina wrote:
Hopefully Tiki Chris will be able to get over there? Somebody get some pictures!

of course i'd love to make it. however, as luck would have it, i have boring, un-get-out-of-able obligations.

but(!) if the king is in town for awhile, i'd love to hang out w/ him (have him over to my flat, go to trader vic's, do something london-y).

if anyone is in contact w/ him, please pass on my email address:

[email protected]

on a happier london-tiki central note, tiki emi & i had a great time at trader vic's last weekend w/ futura girl & c.b. howlie (whom i hope have a safe flight home). wow, i finally met some american tiki centralites! (not that there's anything wrong w/ the euro centralites that i know!) pics to follow.

cheers,
tiki chris

if anyone is in contact w/ him, please pass on my email address:

[email protected]

... or simply email me & i'll provide you w/ my phone # to give him.
chris

What's the address of the bar? I'd like to pass it on to my London peeps. Thanks so much!

-Weird Unc

Weird Unc, here's the link to their home-page:
http://www.southlondonpacific.com

Your London pals may baulk at the address which is:

a) South of the river
b) A pretty dull part of town

But rest assurred, it's worth going out of the way for.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2003-02-26 15:09 ]

340 kennington rd
SE11 4LD
0207 820 9189

M

Hey! I used to live in that part of town! It was cool!

OK...it was so-so.

But it would have been a hell of a lot better if South London Pacific was there back then.

-martin

V

Any reviews of King's show?

This from one of my London friends:

"the king was very cute and both of the girls i came with immediatley fell for him. its a shame he already left london and not coming back...they had some plans for him...

Anyhow the show was very cool, he was funny and people were on the floor laughing their faces off, most of the time. i think he must be a brave guy to go on stage alone, and keep an audience happy for 30 min. I didnt get all the jokes but what i did was very cool and the british crowd seemed to LOVE him. so its all cool. the bar was ok, but its really in the end of nowhere, so not many people, im sure if it was in the centre of london it would have been very successful."

This from one of my London friends:

"the king was very cute and both of the girls i came with immediatley fell for him. its a shame he already left london and not coming back...they had some plans for him...

Anyhow the show was very cool, he was funny and people were on the floor laughing their faces off, most of the time. i think he must be a brave guy to go on stage alone, and keep an audience happy for 30 min. I didnt get all the jokes but what i did was very cool and the british crowd seemed to LOVE him. so its all cool. the bar was ok, but its really in the end of nowhere, so not many people, im sure if it was in the centre of london it would have been very successful."

Pages: 1 11 replies