Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Spring Cleaning Tiki Mug Trade Off

Pages: 1 2 91 replies

Just wanted to mention that I don't have an Ooga Mooga account but I have my mug collection posted on my website (except for a few glass two-faced mugs which I couldn't take good pictures of).

Thanks for doing the organizing Bogielocks, much appreciated.

Greetings fellow mug traders!

Looks like we have a good start on our mug shipments.

Although I can't tell you who was your trader, I will tell the following folks your trade is in the mail.

rwhgeek
TikiKate
Slacks Ferret

I will update tomorrow with the next batch of shippings, if any. I wanted to let these folks know so they can keep an eye out for their package.

Cheers!

Rick

Good day for shipping today. The following folks should look for their packages coming in the mail...

Trader Tom
dibroc
House of Ku
Big Kahuna
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki A. Moaikingbird

I will do an update tomorrow...

Rick

HOK

WhewHoooooo!! Better watch my mailbox. :lol: Mahalo for the update and for keeping this rolling.
Aloha, Freddie

Aloha,

Unkle John and Tiki Matt were shipped out today. Next update comes out late Monday night..

Cheers!

Rick

T

I received my package in the mail last night.

What are the odds that caffeinated would get me twice in a row?

Thank you very much...again. :)

Kate, I thought caffeinated had you last time but I couldn't find my notes. There is a very Sophisticated,
well thought out way that the names are matched up... OK, I just put them in a hat...

Great to see the surprises are starting to arrive...

Cheers!

Rick

TT

My package came today and here it is.

Thanks, Tiki Royale!

Wow, a nice day for shipping a package. Even better when you receive one, but I'll get to that later..

The following folks should be on the look out for a very special box that should be arriving at your house within the next few days...

Tikihai
Joe Banks
Sneakyjack
Psycho Tiki D
Closettiki
Kenike
Sgirl

Next round of updates will be tomorrow night..

Cheers!

Rick

I came home to find that my trader's surprise had arrived at my door. I really can't find the words to express my thanks to my trader... GO TIKI! I'm speechless, really..

Well kids, I guess I'll let the pictures do the talking..

An awesome set of "Artist Proof" Tiki mugs

A Westwood styled mug called "re-pop"

Lastly, a numbered edition of Go Tiki's "Wilson"

GO TIKI, You Rock!!! Thank you sooooo very much for your generosity..

Mahalo

Rick

T

ACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK...I thought it was just one mug...I only sent one mug and people are getting four mugs!!!!

Tikihai, it IS just one mug. Don't let the actions of some others, (no matter how very nice), limit the joy of what you give, or what you receive. It doesn't really matter... it's all good!

True one mug or more or any extras - its all about the fun of a package waitin for you on your doorstep or pick up area! Fun times ahead for all involved! Kinda like Cracker Jacks you know you're gonna get something but you just don't know what it could be!

Catmomma sent me more than I deserve! A Trader Vic coconut mug, Hawaiian table cloth, big T.V. parrot swizzle, lots of other cool swizzles, T.V. matches, Disney "It's A Small World" note pad, Enchanted Tiki Room card box, refrigerator magnet, mermaid sticker, tiki playing cards and some very tiki tape wrapping the mailing box-- all for me! Thanks Catmomma!

The following folks were mailed yesterday..

Catmomma
Go Tiki

I will do an update tonight..

Rick

Ahh the goods arrived safe and sound thanks Minitor ! Everything is cool -

TM

Well, my package showed up today.....and the contents are MAGNIFICENT!!!!! HOUSE OF KU sent me a House of Hong Bowl in it's original box, never opened! As a bonus, I got a set of House of Hong - Hawaii chop sticks! What an awsome surprise.....Thanks F......Sorry for the blurry pic, but you can check out Hiphipahula's pics on ooga-mooga....

LT

On 2008-05-07 16:44, Tiki Matt wrote:
Well, my package showed up today.....and the contents are MAGNIFICENT!!!!! HOUSE OF KU sent me a House of Hong Bowl in it's original box, never opened! As a bonus, I got a set of House of Hong - Hawaii chop sticks! What an awsome surprise.....Thanks F......Sorry for the blurry pic, but you can check out Hiphipahula's pics on ooga-mooga....

Wow! Very nice! :o

JB

My package arrived today! Thank you Bongo Bungalow! Very generous (and beautiful tikis drawn on the packing paper, which brought the tiki spirit through out the postal service!)

Many thanks!

....wow.....my package arrived today.........
thank you ..tiki-kate.......................
.....an oceanic arts mug....[ i was drooling over this at time of release but did not order one ]
...6 really cool swizzles from oceanic
.....an oceanic arts coaster..........
and a really nice note from ....tiki-kate.........
i could'nt be happier with my goodies................

thanks boglelocks for setting all this up..........

[ Edited by: closettiki 2008-05-07 20:03 ]

UJ

8ft did an awesome job for me!!

A whaler's mug, Trader Dick's Easter Island mug and a nifty tooth pick holder.
A thousand Mohalos!!! I've been lookin' for these mugs!

LT

FedEx dropped off a package for me this evening. A very big "Thank You" to the very generous Tiki Matt! Two limited editions - a BarTiki signature mug and a Pineapple Po'o - and a vintage Steve Crane Kon-Tiki Ports mug (which coincidently I have been trying unsuccessfully to win on eBay this week).

Mucho Mahalos Matt! And Thanks again to Bogielocks for organizing and coordinating the trades - well done! :drink:

Wow, looks like a great day for the mail carriers... LOL Great job everybody, way to surprise everybody.

OK, to the following folks, your packages are in the mail..

TikiPops
Tikisgrl
SilverLine

I will update everyone tomorrow...

Rick

HOK

My package came today and I'd like to send out a Big Mahalo to Tikipops! Not in the collection yet TikiFarm "Big Ol Tiki Bash '07" Mug and Extra Voodoo Spiced rum Banner. Can't wait to enjoy a cold one in it! Mahalo Mike!

Aloha, Freddie

I received a package from Tikihai today!
A Trader Dick's mug, little wooden tiki & a watercolor painting were nesting inside.

Thanks Tom!

And thanks Bogielocks for facilitating the trading.
Best,
Steve

T

Got home from work today & had a package on my porch. It is a great bunch of stuff from the one & only Soccer Tiki. Thanks, Soccer Tiki for the mug, Hawaiian statue, 2-coasters, swizzle sticks from Tiki Farm & Oceanic Arts, matchbooks from Sam's Seafood & Billy's (2 of my favorite places)& of course the umbrellas.
Thanks Again, Soccer Tiki!!

Thanks Bogielocks for putting this together. I'm already looking forward to next year!!

House of Ku, Freddie. I'm glad you didn't have my little gift yet, enjoy.

Mahalo to all, Mike

R

Picked up my package this morning from the post office. SweetDaddyTiki did me right. Two mugs, postcard and some sweet pins. The best is the goalie pin, love it. Wish I had a macro lens so I could share the perfect blending of hockey and tiki.

Hey rwhgeek, dig a little deeper - you missed some stuff.

R

On 2008-05-10 09:21, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Hey rwhgeek, dig a little deeper - you missed some stuff.

Thanks for the heads up probably wouldn't have found them until I dumped the foam peanuts in the giant box of peanuts I have in the basement and who knows when that would have happened. Found a nice big stack of drink suggestion placemats and a most excellent bar guide that was at one point a marketing piece for Northland Firelog. You, my friend, ROCK.

[ Edited by: rwhgeek 2008-05-10 11:57 ]

I received my package yesterday and was surprised to find all this great stuff neatly packed into a fairly small box! A blue whalers tiki shot glass, an OMC Maui Kauai mug in it's ORIGINAL BOX, Trader Vic's Bartender's Guide, Walgreens S&P shakers, Don the Beachcomber plaque, four Maui Tiki Tours postcards and one large Mai Kai postcard. WOW! The only thing missing was the TC name of the person who'd sent it all. I sent a quick PM inquiry to Trade-Off coordinator Bogielocks and the mystery was solved. My trader was none other than Bogielocks himself! We both got a laugh outa that one! Thanks Bogielocks for all the great stuff AND for making this trade-off happen!

On 2008-05-07 09:51, Bogielocks wrote:
The following folks were mailed yesterday..

Catmomma
Go Tiki

Have not seen my package yet :( I leave on vacation in a couple of days. I keep staring out the window waiting to see what the delivery guy brings me. The anticipation is killing me.

my mug collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157600099360996/

[ Edited by: catmomma 2008-05-12 10:54 ]

T

Got the mug on Friday but was out of town for the weekend. Just opened it today to find my surprise all the way from Canada. I don't know your TC name so thank you so much "A".

I picked up my package today from Trader Tom.

Wow. All I can say is wow!

Classic card with a Varga girl.

Two Aloha tumblers with sweet looking wahines on them. Don Ho Suck 'Em Up and Damon's Glendale glasses, very classy.

Swizzles from Tiki Farm, The Kahiki, Trader Vic's Waikiki and Kon Tiki Waikiki!

Herman Melville's "Typee" paperback.

$15.00 in gift certificates to the Bahooka!

And a Tiki Farm "Joe Vitale" "Tiki Boy" mug commemorating the birth of his Trader Tom's son, Joseph Alan Morgan!

What a great day. Thank you Trader Tom!

PTD

LT

You need to break out the macro lens and tighten up on that Varga girl a bit. :P

Thanks Closettiki! This got here on Friday:

I got a Don the Beachcomber Barrel Mug! So Nice!
I'm also a bit of a swizzle stick nerd, so the Kahiki ones were great! I never had those ones yet.

Plus, I received several Beachcomber tiki food picks! I'm guessing these may have originated from the Edmonton restaurant, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that these food picks have practically travelled in a full circle around Western North America.

P.S. TikiHai, that was me who sent the Hing Wah Calgary version of the R3 mug. Sorry for the lack of info (...and goodies! I too thought everyone would follow the "1 mug for 1 mug" rule...but now I know better!)

OK, we're coming down to the last shipments. The following folks should start to check the mail...

Minitor
SoccerTiki
Sweet Daddy Tiki

C

I got my box of Tiki swag from "RWH" today

Thanks SO much! This came at the perfect time too. I was in the middle of a nasty family situation on the phone when the box was delivered to my door. It helped put a much needed smile on my face.

GT

I received a lot of cool stuff, A "Trader Vic's" Skull mug - Not the Tiki Farm "Re-pop", Some very cool vintage swizzle sticks and matches from the "BeachComber" I don't have any of these cool colectables - I'm Stocked! Thanks Bro! Psyco Tiki D (PTD) Thanks for the fun! Mahalo! All Gogo

Count me in again for sure! :)

That Is A Great Phrase!

"Don't let the actions of some others, (no matter how very nice), limit the joy of what you give, or what you receive. It doesn't really matter... it's all good!" Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-05-13 19:14 ]

K

Got my box o'goodies last week from Tiki A. Moaikingbird:

Handled tiki mug with a swizzle from the Fijian Inn, a plam tree swizzle and a couple of swell tiki pins.

M

My package was waiting for me when I got back from my little road trip this week. appreciated the package decoration and lots of fragile warnings, even on the bottom of the package, just in case.

Upon opening the box the first sight to meet my eyes were guess what...tiki butt.

excavating down deeper into the box I found my mug with his little toothpick holder friend and some stir sticks to add a little style to my next drink...next drink sounds good, maybe I'll go make something in it now...

Thanks Uncle John!!!
And thanks Bogielocks for setting up the mug trade off!

It looks like the Spring Trade Off was quite successful. I hope everyone enjoyed himself or herself. I'll try and organize another one around the holidays. That way you have a summer of bargain hunting, yard sale locating, and Ebay sniping.

If someone hasn't received their trade, PM me, and I will try to get it resolved. I have just about everyone accounted for.

Until Christmas time, thanks to all who were involved...

Mahalo for shopping Tiki Central..

Rick

The Canada Post truck pulled up out front this afternoon

Could it be...??

Yessss indeedy!

Really well packed. Lots of tape requiring special tools.

At last! Getting close.

Bingo! Awesome vintage mug from the Stockton Islander.
There's something inside.

An array of swizzles: Harvey's Lake Tahoe, Hale Tiki, New Zealand Airlines... cool, a fez.
But there's more.

Coco Joe petroglyph ashtray. Excellent!
But there's still more.

Nifty little carved Moai. Sweet!
What's this at the bottom? Can there still be more?

Indeed. Adorable little plate with New Zealand hei tiki.

Schwag galore. I'm dumbfounded. Tikisgrl you rock my world!

I give this trade two big thumbs up.

Kisses.

Woo Hoo!!!! The new phone book is here, the new phone book is here!!!!!!
Oh sorry, wrong topic.

Lookie what I got today:

Christmas Menehune (Mele Kalikimaka!), Trader Vic's chopsticks, tasty Forbidden Island coasters,
Hula's Monterey Tiki Mug (been wanting this guy) and the beautiful 2007 Tommy Bahama mug!!

Big Mahalos to Jen Tiki, you rock!!
Can't wait til' Christmas.
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale 2008-05-22 17:53 ]

C

has the set up for the Christmas trade started yet? If so I want IN!

Pages: 1 2 91 replies