Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

I'm finally back online!

Pages: 1 7 replies

We completed our move to Tiki Acres Ranch in Lockhart, Texas and have been busy decorating with all our tropical/tiki goodies. (Anyone in the Central Texas area is invited to our April 13 "ranchwarming" party -- PM me for details.)

We're not THAT rural, but it still took almost a month to get an internet connection, hence my absence from here. But it's great to be back. I don't have broadband -- I'm stuck with an antennae pointed to a tower 5 miles from here -- but it ain't dial-up either. Now to catch up on several hundred posts and emails....

I did find a very cool item at a local junk store. Please see my entry in the Tiki Finds thread.

Here are a few of the genuine tiki mugs and decorations I've finally got a place for. Those of you who remember my "hideous" ebay finds will be happy to know they're hanging over the washer/dryer in the laundry room. :D

OK, I gotta admit I was a bit hurt that not one person welcomed me back. Did no one at all even notice I was gone? I realize I'm fairly new, but zero replies?!?!

Guess I'll go make another mai tai.......

Just keep playin' like you never left.

T

Guess your not one of 'koolkids' ......
Welcome bake !!!

G

Janet, don't worry about it! There's way too many people on Tiki Central for us all to be able to keep up with each other's schedules. People drift in and out all the time. If I don't see anything from a long time poster in a while, I might start to wonder, but otherwise, it's difficult to notice that someone hasn't posted in a month. Stick around and keep contributing! And I'll take a Mai-Tai too please. :)

O

Welcome back Janet. Good luck with your party too.

Looking forward to your party pictures....don't forget to include pics of the make-ahead mixology action. :D

UJ

Welcome back Janet!

I've been busy-BUSY at work and haven't had a chance to get online myself.
Say you coming out to the meet up next month? If so I got some tiki you can adopt. :)
PM me if you are and such.

Pages: 1 7 replies