Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

***selling*** into the volcano tiki mugs ***selling***

Pages: 1 12 replies

Nice Rare Mug!

Too steep for my blood! :o

sandz :tiki:

Good luck!

What makes these mugs a $900 ? I don't see it at all!!

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-03-31 11:07 ]

On 2008-03-31 11:04, 1961surf wrote:
What makes these mugs a $900 ? I don't see it at all!!

Into the Volcano was an exceedingly short-lived venture. Most of the designs were unique and fairly stunning.

I'd love to know how many of each style were actually produced.

T

Into the Volcano was an exceedingly short-lived venture. Most of the designs were unique and fairly stunning.

Any pics of this place? Or a TC link to a further understanding of the establishment?

T

On 2008-03-31 16:38, thefuzz wrote:

Any pics of this place? Or a TC link to a further understanding of the establishment?

It is not an establishment such as the Mai Kai but a mug company such as Munktiki. They had an advertisement in the inside cover of the latest Tiki News. The ad shows a group of mugs in a line up.

On 2008-03-31 16:38, thefuzz wrote:

It was a mug manufacturer. See the inside cover of Tiki News #17.

It's been discussed a bit here on TC. Into the Volcano

I have two of their 10 designs.

By the time that issue of Tiki News hit the stands, the company was already defunct. I believe it was run by just one guy, and it was a little too much for him to handle. At least, that's the way the story went when it was told to me.

T

Maybe someone with the wherewithall could revive those great designs, hint, hint.

T

Thanks for the tips!

T

Not a ton left on http://www.archive.org/, not sure if many use this, but cool non the less.

Wow, $900 for a $10 mug? I have a War God from the Cultured Pearl and I'm asking for less! If we are going on rarity, I should be asking for a million bucks! Any takers? Only one million, one million going once, going twice....

April fools!

Pages: 1 12 replies