Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

May 18th Masonic Luau in El Cajon!!!MAY CHOP!

Pages: 1 2 3 137 replies

Aloha Faithful Choppers,
It was good meet and re-meet a few of you yesterday. Billy thanks for inviting TC people to this event! Jeremy and I enjoyed chatting with everyone, and we were sorry we had to leave so early and miss the rest of the afternoon. Meiko, sorry to hear how the heat did you in. I know I have been there, and it is no fun! Don't worry, it won't be so bad at Hukilau! I'm looking forward to seeing you there! I'll keep my eye on the Chop Thread, and try to get to another one soon! Mahalo again Billy!
Aloha,
Shelley

C

(insert date at the bottom...)

I may be moving the first or second week of June. Shoot for the 21st?

B

billy
i saved myself for the 3oclck pig and it was great
i didnt get alot done but my friend johny really went to town
he even finished a cement moai from masubi mom

i like the idea of a beach chop
i live across from the beach in ocean beach
there is even a grass park next to the sand,bbq,bathrooms,showers
lifeguards said it was ok,and you can unload right there
the 28th is the chili cookoff,tons of people
im open any weekend

M
mieko posted on Tue, May 20, 2008 9:59 AM

A few of us had talked and mentioned Tikimecula's place as a possibility for the next chop, just cause it's such a great place, but after last weekend I'm less excited about chopping in the (very likely) extreme heat.

Personally, the best date for me is the 28th. The 21nd I might be able to make for a few hours, but I'm pretty sure it's a bad date for Kate.

If we did a beach chop I'd want to make sure we have bathrooms nearby, I'd want to make sure we don't leave splinters in the sand, and look into the legality. As we chop in public places we have to be a lot more careful and safety minded.

C

South Mission is right beside (like 200 feet) the newest public bathrooms in San Diego. They are beeeuti-ful!

We'd be right in front of the lifeguard station, I've carved there before and they were cool with it. They love it in fact.

We can just put down some towels or beach blankets to carve on, its easy. Square off an area just for us. Dump the chips into the firepit right beside us.

Parking is easy and plentiful early in the day.

Lots of beach shells.

Swimming & surfing is great.

Thomas can play Uke.

There are at least 3-4 Hawaiian plate lunch and Islander gift shops real close.

Gee, have I forgot anything????

Let's make it for the 28th, then! I should be all settled in and be able to make it with little or no stress on the family cabletow.
I'm thinking we should bring food instead of paying for it, man. Pic-nic style........made crunchy with bits of sand!

OOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I love food with crunchy bits of sand.

Scott and I are in!

Jen

god made dirt, and dirt dont hurt

me and my uke are in!

C
Cammo posted on Tue, May 20, 2008 5:14 PM

WOOO HOOOOOOOO!

Cam, please NEVER say that again. Yee-haw will suffice.....or even Hoo-ray.....perhaps even Fuck-yeah! in the right company.

Make the thread, Cam, let's do it!!

I personally prefer "Hoo-Ray"! Although I have heard people in a crowd say " Cammo who "?????

I usually just get "Shut up, Billy!".

TT

Shut up, Billy!

C
Cammo posted on Thu, May 22, 2008 2:50 PM

This Beach Chop may or may not happen, but here's the thing;

I'm challenging Billy the CRUDNICK to a Chop Off.

A couple months ago I said we should have a Chop Off, with power vs. no power, etc. What I MEANT was two or more people should square off against each other, both using no power. Or both using all power.

So I hereby CHALLENGE BILLY the C to a CHOP OFF.
And anybody else who wants to get in on this!

Here's the rules;

We get 2 hours to chop a Tiki. 5 minute break every 1/2 hour.
Chisels only; no power.
You can used a stripped log of any size.
You can draw on it before, but no carving of any kind.
The Tiki must be stained and finished at the end. No staining before.
The audience votes.

If I win, Billy has to shut up. That means no swearing or put-downs of any kind for the whole day and the next Chop!

If Billy wins, he gets my Tiki and a Bottle o' Rum.

You in or you heading to da Chicken COOP!?

Cam, I wait a week before I stain a piece to let it dry,(or you get mold under the varnish and it looks like hell) PLUS, driving home with a stain and/or varnish soaked tiki in the car is going to fume me to death, or get bugs and dust in it if I put it into the back of a truck.

Let's leave the staining out of it.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, May 22, 2008 8:01 PM

Then just stain it! Or paint it, whatever. The stuff dries in like an hour or so. Big deal.

I knew you'd chic-chic-CHICKEN OUT!

I'll stain it, but it's going home in your car.

So, let me see if I understand this. If you win you get an unfinished tiki that lost the vote? Might be time for a rethink. Plus without Billy's rude comments and put downs you may as well start a knitting club.
Just a thought or two.
Cheers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

C

What yer saying doesn't matter cause Billy can NOT WIN. It's impossible.

Hey, he gets a bottle of booze too! But he won't.

you guys are turning this place into Brosearch....take your flirting offline...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms12IsvCiQw

B

hi Clyde,

you seem like ur cool, fun and awesome and would be a totally awesome hang.

wanna be bros? hit me back!

Toe-cheese

On 2008-05-23 11:17, Clysdalle wrote:
you guys are turning this place into Brosearch....take your flirting offline...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms12IsvCiQw

Oh, were we supposed to be searching for chicks on here? Clyde, your subtle insults are getting pretty old and your passive/aggressive bullshyte disguised as humor is just annoying and juvenile.

If you want to trade banter with me, then you should probably bring something to the table and maybe contribute a Little......like that chop you hosted on.........oh, never-mind. OR! That event you planned for the whole group on.......oh....fell short there, too.

I forgot...you're in charge now....hey can you post my address online, and then bring a bunch of guns, that would be sweet.

Really I'm not going to "E" fight and even that last sentence was lame on my part and I apologize to everyone for getting baited. I think you just need to look at the people that welcomed you to their favorite way to spend a Saturday and how your actions reflect on them...regardless of your feelings about me.

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-05-23 12:48 ]

billy, i will vote for you if i can help finish that bottle of booze...

Wow, Clyde. You really ARE bitter........and trying to play the victim as well.

Just contribute something, man.

"I think you just need to look at the people that welcomed you to their favorite way to spend a Saturday and how your actions reflect on them...regardless of your feelings about me. "

On 2008-05-23 12:57, Clysdalle wrote:

"I think you just need to look at the people that welcomed you to their favorite way to spend a Saturday and how your actions reflect on them...regardless of your feelings about me. "

On 2008-05-23 12:49, Tiki Trav wrote:
billy, i will vote for you if i can help finish that bottle of booze...

TRAV! There will be tons of booze at Chazes tonight. Make room in your liver!

(dammit, I qoted the wrong post three times! Ah, hell.....it was a good read!)

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-05-23 13:33 ]

I can't tell you how sad this makes me. This was indeed my favorite way to spend a Saturday. It used to be a quiet, mellow gathering of like-minded people who just wanted to carve, or sculpt, etc. Now it's evolved into a side show/pissing contest.

And Billy, I would have attended this luau if it had not been for the snide remark you made as I was leaving the last Chop at Bill's house.

Life's too short to put up with people like you.

I'll gladly rearrange my plans and spend June 21st knitting with Clysdalle.

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 23, 2008 2:36 PM

Matt -
You're right. Billy's paint-peeling language doesn't bother me, I thought it would be like a real creepy Twilight Zone episode if he had to go cold turkey on the swearing for a day or two. I can just see Rod Serling standing there with a lit cig, shaking his head back and forth.

Trav -
"billy, i will vote for you if i can help finish that bottle of booze..." Backroom deals are fair. In fact, that's how Billy may get all his votes. Remember, the more people who vote Billy expecting a swig will cut that bottle into teeny fractions....

Clyde -
Next Chop at yer house, right? Thanks, bro.

Snide? Jesus, Kate......It was a joke and I'm sorry it offended. If you all want to take this opportunity to ostracize me from the group, then so be it. I had no clue my presence was so offensive to you all. All it took was one person to break the ice and now I know how you feel about me. I thought you were all a fun bunch and I'll miss the chops, but it sounds like I'm not welcome.

Later.

B

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 23, 2008 6:24 PM

Trav -
"billy, i will vote for you if i can help finish that bottle of booze..." Backroom deals are fair. In fact, that's how Billy may get all his votes. Remember, the more people who vote Billy expecting a swig will cut that bottle into teeny fractions....
quote]

SHIT!

*On 2008-05-22 20:01, Cammo wrote:*I knew you'd chic-chic-CHICKEN OUT!

I'm your Huckleberry.

:wink:

B

if you guys dont kiss and make up
i'm takin my tiki and goin home

That's all over, Buzzard. Just let this one die and try and make it to the Mission Bay Pic-nic on the 15th. Would love to see you there, man!

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2008-06-01 20:05 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 137 replies