Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Collecting Ashtrays

Pages: 1 9 replies

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Apr 9, 2008 4:13 PM

Many of us collect the same things. I've seen allot of these Bi-morphic, Space-age, Boomerang or Amoeba ashtrays at your houses. Let's see some more examples.

Hey Al, I've got one of those "Aloha - Turn Me Over" ashtrays. Also have a '70's kidney shaped ashtray similar to the one in your pic that is identical to the two on the coffee table of Elvis' jungle room at Graceland! My friend Rudy drops by occasionally and leaves a cigar butt or two in my ashtrays. Somehow this makes 'em better. The ashtrays have done their job...like drinking from Tiki mugs.

HA!!...i spent the night at the supai motel on rt 66 back in 94'.....nice!!...they didn't have any ashtrays like those around though!! LOL

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-04-09 20:58 ]

The Shriners/Masonic ashtray is amazing. Where did you find that beauty?

B

What's on the other side of the "Turn Me Over" ashtray?! I just picked up an ashtray at Goodwill - rectangular, green with psychodelic blue spots and holds up to 16 cigs! I saw one like the red/orange leaf ashtray at a local Value Village but those slobs didn't even bother cleaning that damn thing before puting it on display - that's gross - and I'm a smoker! Plus it was chipped. Glad I held out for the near-perfect mega-tray!

On 2008-04-29 21:26, beadtiki wrote:
What's on the other side of the "Turn Me Over" ashtray?!

That side was manufactured with a "butt" already on the ashtray.

Here are mine

Not a fan of cigarette smoke, but those ashtrays are cool.

when a surf band was here last summer, and they stayed at my house for a few days, I let them use my coco joes hawaiian islands ashtray.

cleans up pretty easy with a bottle brush.

Thanks for posting Al,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

A little off topic....but I am totally digging that panther and leopard picture. Plus the radios are neat...you are a great decorator...more pics Al!!! Back to the butt collectors. :D

K

Here's my ashtray collection. Not for smoking, just for nostalgia.

I am a sucker for ashtrays. They are getting harder to find, but they used to be an integral part of a homes decor. That's why they came in so many styles and sizes. Here are a few of mine:

It has been cracked twice unfortunately, both by my own doing.

Pages: 1 9 replies