Pages: 1 2 69 replies

More info real soon.......

Bring it on.

S
squid posted on Fri, Apr 11, 2008 1:22 AM

c'mon with it!!!!!!!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEZ?!?!?!?

H

Ben has a touch of dyslexia. I'm pretty sure that what he was really referring to was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCm07WceaQw

Looks like the teste-tickler strikes again! :lol:

LeRoys wife Vivian asked me last night to put together the flier and post it here on TC. I emailed the info over to Ernie this morning and asked if he could put it together and post it for her as I must be in the desert by noon.

So, stay tuned for info or call OA. The show runs all of May and is in Whitier.

More info soon!

B

OK first of all, Ben's show image is busted, so get the flyer up quickly dammit!!!

second: that schmaltz v schlitz humor had me giggling my ass off....thanks Uncle Hakalugi!

finally: seriously...post something up, i am dying to know more!

bT

oh, can't wait! When is it?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Apr 12, 2008 11:21 AM

Calendar marked! This kind of thing don't happen all that often.

Leroy's the man!!

O
Otto posted on Sat, Apr 12, 2008 10:05 PM

This is a milestone event in Tiki Art history. I hope all LA-area artists and Tiki fans show up and show their respect for Leroy.

I will absolutely be there .

Terrific! It is on my birthday, too! I can't wait to go. Leroy is such a kind and talented person. He definitely is the man!

i am there, thanks for posting this!

Thanks for the shout-out The show is coming together See you all there!

[ Edited by: Tiki Carver King 2008-04-15 19:31 ]

Welcome to the board TCK!

looking forward to this, see you in May!

WOW! He's here. Welcome TCK!

Ya, how do we know it's really him?

T

Say it ain't so...the opening is the same day as TIKI INVASION II :(

I WILL venture down to check this out tho', no doubt.

TS

I'll be there on either opening or reception! Congratulations Leroy!

Welcome LS! Glad to see you posting here... You & Bob rock!!

THIS JUST IN.....I HEARD A RUMOR THAT THE SMOKIN' MENEHUNES ARE PLAYING THE MAY 17TH RECEPTION!!! GREAT ART-GREAT MUSIC!!!

WoooooHoooooOOOOOoooooooooo!

I saw Leroy today and he's stoked about the show! It will include his family and their various art works/projects. He knows about the Tiki Invasion taking place on May 3rd and hopes people can make the May 17th reception WITH the Smokin' Menehunes! A visit to Oceanic Arts then over to the reception sounds like a great afternoon to me!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2008-04-17 23:36 ]

TM

Ain't no rumour! We are doing it!! Hawaiian style!!

S

Leroy- If my presence wasn't required at Tiki Invasion, I would be at the opening my friend. But I will DEFINITELY be at the closing reception!! Congratulations to you and your family!

S

Yippee! the show will be going on the same time I visit my family in Whittier!! I will be sure to stop by.

On 2008-04-16 00:22, Unga Bunga wrote:
Ya, how do we know it's really him?

How do we know you are really Unga Bunga?!!!

I helped LeRoy sign on a while back at O.A..

Now I need to work on Bob!!!!! :)

Bob?

Hello?

Bob?

You lurking??

See you soon. Peer presure!!!

Bump!

See you at the opening!!!

( will be back for a few days then back on the road.)

P

Tiki Kiliki and Kava King and I were adoring the OA work on all of those fantastic poles in the Trader Vics Atlanta a few nights ago. Just incredible carving that frames the whole experience so authentically and majestically. I'd love to be at that show in California just to hear Leroy reminisce a little about that job.

(Or you can post it here or on another thread, nudge nudge)

[ Edited by: pablus 2008-04-23 00:26 ]

M

any update on this?

The show is finally hung! I can't believe all the stuff I have! From the 50's and 60's to the present, personal statement art to Oceanic Arts samples. Also my kids and grandkids have displayed a bit of there talents. We are frantically getting ready for the two receptions on the 3rd and the 17th hope you all can make it to one of them. Art, goodies, music, and Ohano
Whittier Art Gallery is open Wed thru Sun 12:00-5:00 p.m. Come any time

FYI ------------- IT REALLY IS ME!

Rock on! I'm sure it will rock wish I could visit! (its a tough drive from east coast!)

thanks for posting! Leroy!

wish i could be there! yet another once in a lifetime event I cant get to. Take pictures, I wanna see! Dawn

WooHoo!! SoccerTiki and I can't wait to see all of Leroy's Treasures :)

C
Cammo posted on Sat, May 3, 2008 10:10 AM

LEROY ("le Roi" en francaise) is the one and only TIKI CARVER KING!

Good luck on this show. We unworthies all bow and grovel in praise!

looking forward to it!!!! See you later today!

R

wow.i just got back from the show.leroy is the king!!amazing and diverse body of work.thanks for sharing leroy!!!

T

I really enjoyed the show. What an incredibly talented family.

I always appreciate it when a gallery offers prints or cards featuring the artist's work for those of us who can't always afford an original.

We just got back from whittier and I have to say I am even more impressed with Leroys skills as an artist then ever. We all know his tikis and polynesian creations are amazing, but I had no idea that he sculpts and paints in many different styles and formats. My wife and I were awe struck at the paintings, pen and inks and the really cool cochina dolls and wooden birds! In addition to his awesome works, were the works of his extended family too! both children and grandchildren. Each one's work amazing as the next. Each very much an artist in their own right. One VERY talented family.

It was good to see a decent TC presence (even with tiki invasion going on), to get a chance to chat with Leroy and Bob (such great and friendly people!) and listen to polynesian drumming and dancing. Good times!

I'm bummed I won't be able to make it on the 17th, but for those of you going, you're going to have a blast!

Thanks Leroy and family, the OA crew, and TC ohana for a fun evening! I hope your art show goes very well!

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2008-05-03 20:13 ]

A few of my favorites.

Being that LeRoy is pretty much Living, Walking, Tiki, It was awesome to see his "Escape From Tiki" abstracts and sculptures.

2 shaka's up!!!

T

Congratulations Leroy!! What a tremendous show! We can't wait to come on the 17th. We really wanted to come yesterday but my parents were visiting from Oregon and they were not up for the full day outing that it would have been combining the show and a visit to Oceanic Arts. But we will be there an the 17th and can not wait!!!

Very Best,
Gem and Mark

Thanks for postin'! I feel like I've been blessed!

SS

My son and I had a great time at the opening yesterday. What a beautiful collection from the lifetime of an important artist -- an artist that actually made the built environment of our world a dream-worthy place. Thanks, Leroy, for being such a great, humble host! See you soon, say "howdee" to Bob.

TS

It was a great show and honor for me to congratulate Leroy on a milestone made with all of his artistic talents. Simply put, the guy is just as amazing as his real life adventures! If you didn't make it, make sure to attend the May 17th reception... Also, always good seeing Bamboo Benjammin again! :lol:

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-05-05 23:58 ]

Thanks everyone for making our opening reception a great successes. I enjoyed seeing everyone enjoy the show. Thanks for all the kind words about all the art in the show as you can see Tiki is not my only passion. For those that couldn't come the 17th is in a few weeks Also my wife and I are at the gallery every Sunday afternoon 2-5pm This might be a good time to talk story
See you soon

Pages: 1 2 69 replies