Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

LeRoy Schmaltz Art Show....

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 13, 2008 1:02 AM

GROG really looking forward to the Artist Reception this coming weekend (May 17). This is on GROG' MUST-DO list.

3 to 5 pm with Smokin Menahunes right??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-05-13 11:08 ]

Leroy, one of the greatest regrets regarding all the Tiki events I will have to miss this summer due to working in Germany is that I missed YOUR opening because of that, and that I will miss the show, 'cause I won't be back til the end of June. Damn!
My congrats to a great show of an all-around-talent artist,
Sven

We will be there the 17th for sure! Can't wait!

D

Who's planning to go Saturday ?

I have it slated, what time?

i"ll be there 3 to 5

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 15, 2008 6:24 PM

Sparklemark and I will be there on Saturday!!

I will be there for the closing reception without a doubt.
Aloha,
Trader Bill

We're gonna stop off at the Friendly Hills Lanes before the reception (2ish) for a Zombie!!! We stopped in before the last reception and were pleasantly surprised!!! It's a funky old bowling alley worth at least a look at. And it's only a few blocks away. http://www.amf.com/friendlyhillslanes/centerHomepage.htm

T

Damn, damn , damn ! My appointment is the same time . I wish there were more time but the exhibit is only from 3-5 . Manu, the tattoo artist is in Beverly Hills for 1 month from Tahiti . Ive been waiting for ever to get something done by him . Hes doing a tiki on my calf surrounded by tahitian symbols .Tiki Kinniki and I will be there from 2:15 to around 7 pm . Then we will hit Trader Vics and then to the submarine races behind the Hollywood sign . Here is some of his type of freehand work .

The reception is in the making , food is all set, musicians are ready. All my kids will be in town all 6 of them and grand kids too. This Saturday is not the close of the show but an opportunity to have everyone gather and celebrate I turned 73 this week so it is a culmination of my art throughout my life and a reflection of art and tiki in my family's life. Hope to see you all there, We have some new limited addition tees and postcards of some of the pieces in the show.
The Show is up until May 30th Gallery Hours: Wed -Sun 12:00/5:00 (Sundays I am at the gallery 2-5pm)

The Gallery is open at 12:00 pm on Saturday so feel free to drop by earlier if need be.

[ Edited by: Tiki Carver King 2008-05-16 22:09 ]

CA

In The Beginning....

And God Said, "It is Good."

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 17, 2008 10:14 AM

All hail the King!

leaving now,
can't wait to see it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WooHoo! What a Fun Day!! Mucho Mahalo to LeRoy & The Schmaltz Family for hosting such a Tiki-rrific Show. SoccerTiki and I had the privilege and the opportunity to attend both the opening reception & the closing reception. Here are some pics from the closing reception:
The Smokin Menehunes always add the perfect touch to every occasion

Well Woohoo and Soccer Tiki must not of had to many voodoo grogs at Sam's Seafood afterward. You beat me to the punch getting pics posted.Mahalos to Leroy Schmaltz and his family for hosting and putting on such a cool event showing the artistic ability of Leroy's lifes work.I was not able to attend the opening,but sure glad I was able to attend yesterday and meet Leroy's family and friends.What a really nice group of people.Good times for all that were able to make it.

The Oceanic Arts founders Bob and Leroy

The Smokin Menehues providing the ambient tunes for the event

Leroy with Woohoo and Soccer Tiki after signing the night of Tiki book

Bob, myself and Leroy

Some incredible Marquesan and New Guiana style tiki carvings by Leroy

Soccer Tiki and Woohoo

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-05-18 09:53 ]

R

Good Times. Amazing Art. Fun People. Great Family!
Oh yeah, and the band was alright too.

band, what band??

actually I went there for the Menahunes as much as I did for the art.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Le

Roy

Rocks

!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 19, 2008 1:06 AM

2nd that.

Pages: 1 2 69 replies