Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tikis from Vintage Menus--you likee?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Source material for design was a menu I have from one of Quongs many joints in Utah...

here is the final result

next...TIKI BOB

BM

...second in (hopefully) a series of new carvings...

THE TIKI BOB

S

Nice work i like him. You made great use
of the lenght of this log.

..maybe not a MENU but ....

HAWAIIAN EYYEEEEEE OOOGH!!!

The Eye oooAGH! in his new cactus protected home

HEY does anyone have a still pic from that CUBA documentary of the bar scene where that big monster tiki is when the couple is dancing --I THINK it was havanas Trader Vics and it is a nearly psychedelic scene in many ways..but i based this tiki on it and can't really find a good image anymore to use as reference to finish this guy off

B

Cool stuff Moondog, it's always SO Hard to make tikis look like those Menu guys, excellent job.

cool stuff. being new to carving, the tiki culture and seeing all these different styles is wonderful.

Those guys look great Moondog, I wouldn't worry to much about pics from the cannibal. He looks excellent and i would love to have him in my yard.
Now let the chips fly.

S

I really like this sucker. You made me turn my head to
look at it a couple times with that off shot.

BM

FINALLY finished this yesterday..HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL CARVERS..you know how it feels to get one done on an auspicious occasion..its CLOSURE! Bought the I AM CUBA box set since our Virgin Megastore is at 40% off now and WOW are those scenes in Cuba AWESOME..may have to do ALL those tikis eventually ...the face of this is SUPER close but I made him a CANNIBAL

he enjoys a little HEAD (bad pun!)

will put finished one on today cuz it was DARK when i started painting last night

Sweet Man

Pages: 1 11 replies