Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tikiyaki Orchestra Announcement

Pages: 1 11 replies

For those of you coming to the TIKI FARM BACK TO THE BEACH event this Saturday....an added bonus to this performance...

We will be honored to have GARY BRANDIN from the legendary BLUE HAWAIIANS and THE VANDURAS joining us on Steel guitar.

For those of you who know Gary's playing, you'll know what a treat this is, as he played on the Tikiyaki Orchestra CD, and his work with the Blue Hawaiians and the Vanduras speaks for itself....

What can I say, but, we're honored and stoked to have him performing with us.

See you all there.

Holy Mc Moly! That will be a show not to be missed. I hope somebody gets this on video for us geographically challenged.
Have a great time!

double posted in all my excitement.. lo siento

[ Edited by: chongolio 2008-04-14 14:18 ]

You lucky ones! I love the Vanduras.

Eggcellent news, Thanks Jim,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

Awesome!

This was their debut, and first live preformance. Yet, it sounded like they have been playing together for years! I loved the whole concept, from the 1950's style upscale chinese restaraunt waiters outfits they all wore, to the sound and tone of the whole thing. The excellent time keeping and gorgeous electric bass tone of veteran bassist Jonpaul, (who can play everything from Jazz to Rock) to the awesome and pro-level drumming of Squid and his percussionist, to the cheesy and vegas style stage banter of Marty Lush (did I get that name right?) who was a great vibe player (and had a real Disney Jungle boat cruise operator sense of humor), to the iconic, stoic and regal stage presence of leader Jim, who doubled on percussion and surf guitar and reminded me of an evil version of Johnny Cash! These guys were frikin awesome! The tone of thier performance matched the CD they have created perfectly, and was really mixed well. You could hear everything perfectly, crisp and clean! These guys should be headlining the next Tiki Oasis! Bravo, guys!

N

The boys of Tikiyaki were excellent!! I really enjoyed it. Hope to hear a lot more of them soon.

TM

One of the many things I really enjoyed was their version of "quiet village". Though we have all heard the song a million times, it's still not an easy song to play. Jim Tikiyaki did it on a guitar, no less!

Tikiyaki Orchestra got it goin on!
Great performance yesterday!

On 2008-04-14 11:27, Chongolio wrote:
Holy Mc Moly! That will be a show not to be missed. I hope somebody gets this on video for us geographically challenged.
Have a great time!

CHEERS!!!!

anyone ???

Missed it by That Much!! ( or 4 hours)

S

On 2008-04-20 23:10, squid wrote:
Here ya go....part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohVDlxx3cM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Pages: 1 11 replies