Pages: 1 6 replies

Just thought I'd share:
a rough layout of the basement:

a bad aerial view of bar area:

a view of each of the 4 bar sections:

and a front corner view...why is the one pole falling? Not sure :(

Comments/Questions/Concerns?

[ Edited by: Spikey McSpikerson 2008-04-15 13:16 ]

.....you have your work cut out for you now spikey.....and i see you are from chicago. i hope you will be inviting the other chicago ohana to check out your new bar once it's finished.....maybe we will see you out and about at hala kahiki or chef shangri-la......

I know...I aim high for sure...we'll see how close the finished product ends up being...Luckily, my father is somewhat of a professional wookworker (he calls himself a wood butcher...) so I can tap into his infinite wisdom.

I will most def. do a large to-do once it is done....in a year or so...hahahaha. I just need to get rolling now...I have to totally gut the existing room and frame out/knock down walls...drywall...fun fun fun!

Don't be jealous! haha!

T

I don't know how much room there is between the wall and that pole.
But you may think about putting the bar there in a triangle.
With the point being at the pole.
Move the pool table to the back of the room where the bar is.
That way the bar is the main focus not the pool table.
Plus you would not need to shoot around that pole.
Good luck.

Good point!

let me see what I can do with that....only problem is the bar would be cut back drastically without a back bar for storage....hmmm...let me think.

thanks for the input!

Hey Spikey...don't know if you can use this but I found it helpful in setting up rooms in my house. RC Willey is a furniture/home store and they offer the room planner free. You might have to register. The neat thing is that they have room templates and furniture forms that you can easily adjust all the sizes. You can save your rooms on their site and even print them out. You would still need to draw the design for your bar, but room layout is real easy with this program.

Anyway...good luck with your basement project...I'm sure it will be a labor of love. Take pictures as you make the journey. :)

Thank you so much! What a great tool for the artistically - challenged!

I will have a good photo diary for sure...I just need to find some time to start it up!

Pages: 1 6 replies