Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Coruba Rum

Pages: 1 12 replies

D

Has anyone tried this rum? They had some at the local liquor store that I went to last night, so I picked it up. Id never seen or heard of it before. Ive yet to try it, but I hope its good!

[ Edited by: DerKafer on 2003-02-27 09:55 ]

B

Man I love these old posts. I seem to remember 3 versions of this rum but I only have some old bottles that were distributed by a company in Kentucky. Doesn't it come in a plastic bottle now? Supposedly they have not changed the recipe. If someone wants to bring the newer version by we can compare. Floating some now on top of a Drifter's Reef...mmmmmmmmmmm

K

great for clearin' a chest cold, loved the old paper label.

C

Haven't seen the plastic bottle. Still in standard glass bottle around here [the Pacific island of Alameda]. Their coconut rum is one of my favorites. Almost always keep a bottle in the refrigerator.

[ Edited by: chiwito 2011-10-10 13:30 ]

C

It's still in a glass bottle.

But the label is now clear & see-through, which may have led to a perception that it is in a plastic bottle, but it is not.

I will say that the new label makes it very hard to find on-shelf, as it blends in with everything else. The old label, while paper, was also nice & brightly colored so I could find on the shelf it A LOT more easily than I can now. Unfortunately, now it's easy to miss - even when looking specifically for it.

C

P.S......I prefer the old label all-around (color & material) so much that I now pour new bottles of Coruba into the old bottles with the paper label because that bottle looks WAY better behind the bar! :wink:

They could put Coruba in a plastic jug with a bumper sticker on it and it would still be my favorite Jamaican dark rum.
I do totally agree that the old label was better, though.

A

On 2011-10-10 15:10, croe67 wrote:
P.S......I prefer the old label all-around (color & material) so much that I now pour new bottles of Coruba into the old bottles with the paper label because that bottle looks WAY better behind the bar! :wink:

Hey, I like this idea. Maybe I'll do that with Lemon Hart as well. Eventually, as years go by and brands change their packaging, it will look like I have nothing but very old rums. :wink:

I like the old bottles too. El Dorado 5 year and Mount Gay Extra Old (and others) have updated to oval bottles

I am seriously bummed out!!! Went out to by Coruba as I am nearly out and discovered that it is no longer available in Michigan. It is my favorite dark rum. The Michigan liquor board controls what can and cannot be sold in Michigan. No rhyme or reason and a true pain in the ass. At one point the board allowed Lemon Hart 151 in the state but not the eighty proof. Looks like I'll have to make a run down to Indiana.

I feel yr pain. It's not sold in Ohio either for whatever reason. I either have to order it or drive down to Newport Ky. "Hey kids, time to visit the aquarium again!"

K

Can you guys order from hitimewine.net and have it shipped?

Ohio yes, Michigan no.

Pages: 1 12 replies