Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Happy Beltane

Pages: 1 8 replies

TG

Happy Beltane everyone. The Gnomon joined on Beltane last year.

I case you've forgotten or never knew, here are the main pagan holidays.

Samhain (SOW-en)—October 31 – November 2
Yule (YOOL) or Midwinter—Hibernal (Winter) Solstice ± December 21
Oimelc (EEM-elk; old name) or Imbolc (IM-elk; more modern name)—February 2
Eostara (EES-ta-ra)—Vernal (Spring) Equinox ± March 21
Beltane (BEL-tayn) or May Day—May 1
Litha (LEE-tha) or Midsummer—Æstival (Summer) Solstice ± June 21
Lughnasadh (LOO-ne-se)—August 1
Mabon (MAY-bun)—Autumnal (Fall) Equinox ± September 21

UB

Alright!
Another pagan Irish festival.

I'm goin out for a drink!

Fire!

P

Is this the one where you burn the mayor in the giant wicker man, or is it the one where you go out in the forest and have an orgy?

Just as long as its not the one where you eat stinky Cheese and bad French wine.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It's the one where you do the walk!

TG

Haven't you ever heard of the May Pole?

It was originally made of sacred wood and revelers danced around it holding onto decorated ropes tethered to the top. It has now evolved into a great work made of brass and is a must-have at all fine gentlemen's clubs worldwide.

On 2008-05-01 17:19, PiPhiRho wrote:
Is this the one where you burn the mayor in the giant wicker man, or is it the one where you go out in the forest and have an orgy?

Its the forest and orgy one, i celebrated it with mekong whiskey and muscle wine, while screaming at cambodian tuk-tuk drivers over there inability to understand the finer point of scottish national dress, I'm not a lady-boy but a scotsman in a kilt.

We got married in an outdoor part in San Jose on Beltane. Even had ourselves woven into the Maypole. No one had ever seen a ceremony/ritual quite like ours (especially our parents). It included an exploding firepot, Chaos Demons, and, of course, the Maypole. :D

TG

On 2008-05-07 05:59, JanetMermaid wrote:
We got married in an outdoor part in San Jose on Beltane.

That's great. Was that after a year and a day of handfasting? I trust you cleared the broom OK. Beltane is a great time of year.

Pages: 1 8 replies